Coronavirus in Thailand: Yet more fake news prompts question: Is "viral nonsense" more damaging than the disease itself?

webfact

8 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

You can’t trust communist China with Wuhan virus numbers.  That said, how can you trust a government Hell bent on filling hotel rooms with Chinese tourists?

There's no question that the Thai economy is already taking a big hit from this virus,  and that hit is only going to get worse over the coming next few months.  The Thai economy is almost wholly dependant on tourism, and the Chinese are the biggest national component of the tourism by far.

Thai mass media is heavily influenced by China's ruling Party, the CCP, as the link provided by @DrTuner clearly shows, and so Thai media is taking an unusually soft stance on the current danger of Chinese tourism.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/7301/thai-media-is-outsourcing-much-of-its-coronavirus-coverage-to-beijing-and-thats-just-the-start/

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I think there are three possibilitiese for the new virus.

The first is that it occurred naturally, although a virus jumping species is extremely rare.

Secondly, and by accident, it escaped from one of the major bio-labs in Wuhan district.

Thirdly, it was deliberately released. Bearing in mind the trade environments world-wide and also the timing.

At least one bio-lab was contacted to the US military for virus research.

I know where my money would go, but I couldn't possibly speculate.

45 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I think there are three possibilitiese for the new virus.

The first is that it occurred naturally, although a virus jumping species is extremely rare.

Secondly, and by accident, it escaped from one of the major bio-labs in Wuhan district.

Thirdly, it was deliberately released. Bearing in mind the trade environments world-wide and also the timing.

At least one bio-lab was contacted to the US military for virus research.

I know where my money would go, but I couldn't possibly uspeculate.

Are you insinuating that the virus was genetically produced as a weapon of mass destruction and may have been released accidentally or possibly deliberately?

China needs to drastically reduce its population so does the world, is it the way it’s going to be?

Nearly eight billion humans in the world now, if this virus can account for a 2% death rate then that’s 160 million less worldwide.

Now if it got in Africa I would suspect it would be substantially higher then 2%.

Just thinking.

Now a favourite place for China is Africa, lots of mineral wealth plus land.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brer said:

China needs to drastically reduce its population so does the world, is it the way it’s going to be?

Nearly eight billion humans in the world now, if this virus can account for a 2% death rate then that’s 160 million less worldwide.

Nowhere close where it needs to drop. About 2/3 should be wiped out to return to sustainable levels. It's a pretty sorry excuse for a bio-weapon, my take is it's just another mutation from the virus pool in the bat cave they found.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cave-full-of-bats-in-china-identified-as-source-of-virus-almost-identical-to-the-one-killing-hundreds-today

Would help if they'd stop chewing on the flying rats.