So proud to be Thai! American born funny man gets Thai nationality at last

webfact

44 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not sure what you mean by god cult. But I met Christy and Jonas couple of times. First at our local immigration office when they were renewing their extensions of stay several years ago; and secondly when they were performing at a local Loy Kratong event. 

Both were nice to talk to and Christy was very nice to my disabled son.

Good luck to this guy. He's been here since very young and made a life for his family.

Met them both dozens of times and like the guy in the op both were brought here when kids by their children of god cult parents. Being decent adults now does not alter the facts of what the cult was or did to children. They used to give part of their income to what became known as the family but Christy seems to have distanced herself from it in recent years. The children of god cult damaged a lot of kids and they did not all grow up as well as Christy did. She is an exceptionally good person.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-44613932

Edited by Orton Rd

Raised in Thailand, fluent in Thai, married to Thai, father of Thai children, business in Thailand... how many years did it take him to get Thai nationality? (and how much did he have to spend?)

Sounds like the kind of guy who definitely deserved it.

18 hours ago, Saint Nick said:
19 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

well thats lovely, I chose to stand for an anthem and have my integrity questioned for that. Sad how life has degenerated into ad hominem and groupthink.

You stand for an anthem and criticize others about groupthink?

Priceless! 

kazahkstan national anthem not bad

20 hours ago, webfact said:

I will never do anything to disappoint Thailand.

Oh, I've heard this one before...... I think this is the guy who can really speak Northern Thai, so I'm happy for him.  

I'm now joking (so you know).... OK, soon corona infects 50% of Thailand and he apply for American citizenship.   LOL

1 hour ago, Expat Brad said:

Many times l have read the negative and hateful comments when an immgrant living in America does not stand for the American anthem. If you are living here and in the situation where Thai's stand for their anthem...... Then you should bloody well stand too!!!

First of all: I really don't care what you think!

Second of all: who said, I don't stand?

Third: with all the respect my "host nation" shows to its "guests", they should not be surprised, if I would return that respect!

Fourth: I stand, because otherwise, i might be in trouble! So it is fear, not conviction!

Are you happy now?

43 minutes ago, Metapod said:

i need to work on my thai. he speaks so much better than i do

I wonder what happened to him as a kid? both Bergs son and cult kiddie River Phoenix were both raped from 4 years old. Underneath the humor I suspect there lies a lot of pain in his childhood. David Bergs son-the 'prince' killed his mum's best friend then blew his brains out as a result of his childhood with the cult.

Edited by Orton Rd

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I wonder what happened to him as a kid? both Bergs son and cult kiddie River Phoenix were both raped from 4 years old. Underneath the humor I suspect there lies a lot of pain in his childhood. David Bergs son-the 'prince' killed his mum's best friend then blew his brains out as a result of his childhood with the cult.

He reads and posts here on TV , maybe you could ask him ?

Instead of being happy and congratulatory, no, they'll dig up his familial background, denigrate something totally unrelated to the core topic's cause for celebration. Then you have those who pretentiously react with "i'm confused" emojis, assuming it's perfectly alright to attack his parent's past missionary activities in the Kingdom which are totally immaterial to this good news about his acquisition of Thai citizenship. 

If Mr Udom Suksanaih happens to have the opportunity to read this discussion, my warmest congratulations to you for your well-deserved Thai citizenship. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, Boomer6969 said:

For my enlightenment could some of the people here come up with a detail of the things to be so proud of? Other than overcoming some outlandish bureaucracy, of course.

"Somdam" and never having been colonised by the Europeans. ????

• Haha 1