Tv Users In The Real World

jeebusjones

I first heard about ThaiVisa two years ago, but I only started using it in September when the new visa regulations were announced. Now I'm somewhat addicted to it, and I check the visa forum every morning as if it were the newspaper.

When discussions of visas come up in "the outside world," I sometimes refer to this website as the source of my knowledge. I am yet to meet a single individual who also uses this website (or at least one who is willing to admit it!).

So what about you? Do you personally know other ThaiVisa users?

So what about you? Do you personally know other ThaiVisa users?

I know a few from a get together we organised up in Chiang Mai, I have bumped a couple in places where we have started a conversation between friends/associates and realised that I knew them, I have also guessed the identities of a few by their writing style. I have been bumped a few times by people who know me because they recognise my responses on posts.

There are quite a few members on the forums that I only know by their avatar but would like to know in person - and there are some that I would take large steps backwards if I met them in the real world :o

CB

You never know when you'll find another ThaiVisa reader or poster. I'll be sitting there, drinking a Diet Coke or having a sandwich somewhere, and this new acquaintance will say, "Well, I read on ThaiVisa that only left-handed orangutans who are famously fluent in Flemish will get type Z anti-migant visas next year...."

i've met quite a few members in person and apart from one ignorant tw@t, its always been a pleasure.

BB

really? we met already? :-)

A couple of people off the business section for mutually beneficial dealings, one friend who initially would never have guessed to be as cool in peron, a few people I have got to know on line personally through favours/assistance in various things, but other than that, most are still anonymous and probably best that things stay that way, due to my vast popularity on the board rating second only to my good mate Bendix :-)

You never know when you'll find another ThaiVisa reader or poster. I'll be sitting there, drinking a Diet Coke or having a sandwich somewhere, and this new acquaintance will say, "Well, I read on ThaiVisa that only left-handed orangutans who are famously fluent in Flemish will get type Z anti-migant visas next year...."

Dear Peaceblondy,

At first I sat back reading your above statement and considered being offended or not.

Then I realised you were not talking about me.

Although I'm fluent in Flemish I'm not famous and I'm right handed. :o:D :D

cheers

onzestan

Have met quite a few in real life, and without a fault they were very nice blokes with a very friendly attitude towards those indulging in the occasional alcoholic beverage or two :D

Apart from the <deleted> Buriramboy mentioned, but then again, he was heavily into plain drinking water and the occasional undiluted Coke :o

Have met quite a few in real life, and without a fault they were very nice blokes with a very friendly attitude towards those indulging in the occasional alcoholic beverage or two :D

Apart from the <deleted> Buriramboy mentioned, but then again, he was heavily into plain drinking water and the occasional undiluted Coke :o

sorry monty, so long ago i had forgotton about that one, so thats 2 ignorant tw@ts i've met from TV then not 1, but everyone else it has been a total pleasure.

BB

I think so. If I try try to match the way people write to the way they talk. TV is good for making friends per email as I now have regulat PM correspondence with several BMs, which is the upside of a forum.

Ahhh crap - my orangutan is right handed - did we have this conversation some where the other night? :o

CB

Yet to meet someone i dont like.

Whew, I was pretty drunk that night though and ofcourse the Swans beat the Eagles earlier in the day, oh god and all those barber chair drinks at Larry's. :o:D

I have found all those that I have met have been really great people and some I call very good friends now.

I have met two different members by chance in deepest darkest Russia on an oil rig believe it or not :D

(I never mentioned who I am though :D )

yep,

ive met quite a few now as i try to put faces to the names and enjoy meeting new people.

on my next trip to los ive got a heap of new people to meet ranging from hua hin to chainmai and a few places in between. :D

its going to be a busy trip and ill need to pace myself. :o

dont want to end up in bleeding rehab. :D

Not met anyone from Thaivia yet, but I do wonder sometimes the passing farang in the the street, is he/she a fellow TV member?, anyone else do that? Or is it just me (probably just me, I am quite a sad individual)

:o

Always do this, Its great when sitting in a restaurant watching people go by, are they/aren't they, hours of fun!

Mark

Yes, I too am a very sad individual! :D