European with Zimmer frame arrested by Chonburi police on overstay

rooster59

European with Zimmer frame arrested by Chonburi police on overstay

473035.jpg

Image: Naew Na

Chonburi immigration officers have proudly posed for photos next to a Belgium man just arrested on overstay.

The officers found the Belgian man, 57, walking with his Zimmer frame behind the Burapha hospital in the Bang Saen area on Thursday.

They checked him out and found he is on 85 days of overstay.

Naew Na reported that Chonburi immigration chief Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence among Thais and foreign tourists.

It was all part of IB chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's strategy to rid Thailand of law breaking foreigners.

Naew Na urged the public to keep calling 1178 to report infractions.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Chonburi immigration chief Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence among Thais and foreign tourists".

It was all part of IB chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's strategy to rid Thailand of law breaking foreigners.

Another hardlined criminal, this one with a zimmer frame, shame on you, well done lads and keep those Chinese tourists coming 🙂

8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

chief Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence among Thais and foreign tourists

Oh, thank you, immigration. Maybe you can find some foreign overstayers in wheelchairs or with even more crippling diseases and take their pictures for all to see. It will really make us public feel safe.  

27 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Chonburi immigration chief Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence and to rid Thailand of law breaking foreigners.

They could just visit my condo complex any day of the week and arrest dozens of illegal AirBnB stayers.

had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence among Thais and foreign tourists.

Their PR dept. needs a serious overhaul.

However there is almost a sense of satisfaction at how they voluntarily set themselves up for ridicule.

Seems near every day we see this "advertised" daft stuff, when the resorts are full of immigration dodging farangs earning a dodgy living they do little about.....Very sad....😏

wow. This is pathetic. I am not one to have sympathy for overstayers, but c'mon. There  are better uses for manpower and resources. They could have just visited the chap and told him to go home. It's not like he can run away. I feel sorry for the guy now held up for ridicule.  Thai immigration come off as bullies here.

36 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

He Should of put a 3.0 litre gti engine in his Zimmer frame. That would of <deleted> them up

Naaaaah, he can't get a blue book for it as it is modified.............😳

53 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Good to see that they are targeting the gang bosses and drug dealers ,and worst of all those zimmer frame thieves .

What does that have to do with IMMIGRATION?

So what if this guy had a walking aid- he was STILL 85 days overstay. A couple of days fairynough- 85 days is a deliberate breaking of the law- no sympathy for this sort of person who makes like difficult for those trying to live within the lines.

9 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

So what if this guy had a walking aid- he was STILL 85 days overstay. A couple of days fairynough- 85 days is a deliberate breaking of the law- no sympathy for this sort of person who makes like difficult for those trying to live within the lines.

Do you know the reason/s for this mans condition?

Probably not just mouthing off when you have absolutely no idea what caused the man to be in his current state.

14 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Zimmer frame guy did not make life here difficult for me so maybe speak for yourself. 

Poor guy. 

Demonizing a person like that is truly nauseating. 

There for the grace of God goes

Overstay is overstay, but give the man some dinity. Does such a word exsist in Thai vocabulary? I doubt it...

Typical Thai mentallty, shame others, point fingers, but not  at themselves.

45 minutes ago, monkfish said:

They must be really proud of themselves well done chaps! Personally I would have opted out of the photo shoot.

The other 9 that took part in the arrest did opt out of the photo oP.  Which reminds me of  few weeks ago at the BAAC in Noen Maprang a fire alarm went off and before long we had about 10 cops....including the boss cocky on the scene with a solitary fireman.  By this time everyone had been herded out of the bank by bank staff and a staffer put out the fire with an extinguisher.  Never mind,  the fireman, the cops and the bank bosses all got their photo op when the local reporter turned up. They didn't do a [email protected] thing!  I had to giggle when I saw what transpired.

You have got to be kidding me.  I am not aware of any country in the world where immigration officers proudly stand for a photo shoot with their arrested elderly victim along with his walker.  This practice should be an embarrassment to the Thai government but apparently they encourage it. 😞  

Archived