European with Zimmer frame arrested by Chonburi police on overstay

rooster59

Probably the best outcome for him. Probably doesn't have the 800k and unlikely to have health insurance 

Back home under his social security umbrella is the best result and thais won't have to pick up his medical bill when he deteriorates 

38 minutes ago, SteveK said:

85 days overstay for this guy. He must be spending at least 1200 baht a day on accommodation, food, drinks, transport, medicines, doctors/hospital visits etc - that's 102,000 baht that Thailand is better off.

Yet another example of how little the Thai "government" cares for it's people! for sure this guy was spending money, none of it was filling their coffers though, they simply don't care that "others" were making a living from his spending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oby said:

?what part of "illegally in country" do you not understand?

i definitely feel safer here than my home country where illegals wander the streets committing crimes 24/7. read the news of any so called first world country which relates to probably over 90% of TV readers.

literally all my farang friends are long term living here because thailand offers a better living environment, myself included.

Of course you feel safer here. There are fewer foreigners on overstay walking around with zimmer frames. Everyone knows this type of criminal is the most dangerous. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

I agree with the rest of the Zimmer frame apologist 

IO Should write in his passport.. Falang wit Zimmer frame no need visa can overstay long as he want and when hab stroke and heart attack thai people pay hospital... 

There you go all sorted! 

Thai people pay for what ?  My bird in ten years never even bought me a drink, even when i gave her the money........ It's just not in them.......  mind you her mate once bought me a drink, but that's because she was seeing the end of our marriage and she was just casting her bread on the water so to speak........ Tidy bit as well..... Next !  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

i dont get it. sure, its a sad story, i feel sorry for the Belgium guy. But he overstayed, and we dont know the full story, so immigration has every right to arrest him. And seriously, which one of the forum farangs would have helped the Belgium guy anyway? bc its obvious he is in trouble. For all we know, immigration might have carefully studied his case and situation, and determined sending him back to Belgium is the best for him.

Assumptions....:coffee1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Thai people pay for what ?  My bird in ten years never even bought me a drink, even when i gave her the money........ It's just not in them.......  mind you her mate once bought me a drink, but that's because she was seeing the end of our marriage and she was just casting her bread on the water so to speak........ Tidy bit as well..... Next !  

"Hospitals do get help with the unpaid bills – from taxpayers." 

Plenty on the web about it. 

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Overstay is overstay, but give the man some dinity. Does such a word exsist in Thai vocabulary? I doubt it...

Typical Thai mentallty, shame others, point fingers, but not  at themselves.

If people become disabled through accident or illness while living in Thailand, why can[t they just give them permanent residency? They are not going to harm anybody.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

If people become disabled through accident or illness while living in Thailand, why can[t they just give them permanent residency? They are not going to harm anybody.

You are ars right. As long as they fulfill the visa requirements and can pay the hospital bills they should be allowed to stay in this country. But to get permanent residency because of this - are you serious?