European with Zimmer frame arrested by Chonburi police on overstay

rooster59

I feel sorry for the poor man.

But the duty of IOs is to catch foreigners breaking the visa rules. They are not to blame. 

Hopefully the Belgian has enough funds to buy his ticket out of this country without rotting in the IDC hell hole too long.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I feel sorry for the poor man.

But the duty of IOs is to catch foreigners breaking the visa rules. They are not to blame. 

Hopefully the Belgian has enough funds to buy his ticket out of this country without rotting in the IDC hell hole too long.

Yea but did they have to make a poster and use for pr what next a film?

• Like 1

85 overstay is a flagrant flouting of the rules.

However I suspect the photo op is their way

of advertising the fact in the media that the

rules have to be followed. Scary news travels.

My mate is bedridden but managed to follow

the rules. No rules and there would be chaos.

At the moment we have no idea of how he is,

lets hope he is given fair treatment.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Good to see that they are targeting the gang bosses and drug dealers ,and worst of all those zimmer frame thieves .

Hey, those zimmer frames are hollow and can carry quite the load of illegal drugs.  I would recommend they search it immediately.

China has stopped organised tours but many Chinese with funds are still coming to Thailand on VOR, keen to escape the virus. They probably will want extensions. 

Will they be granted if over the limit? Will we be seeing the smart car targeting Chinese? Maybe not. 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Chonburi immigration chief Pol Col Naren Khreuangsanuk had sent in his men to keep Thailand safe and inspire confidence among Thais and foreign tourists.

LOL ????????????????????

Laugh my ars e off. 

One less Zimmer out on the streets. I feel sooooo much safer now. 

• Like 1

85 days overstay for this guy. He must be spending at least 1200 baht a day on accommodation, food, drinks, transport, medicines, doctors/hospital visits etc - that's 102,000 baht that Thailand is better off.

Edited by SteveK
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SteveK said:

85 days overstay for this guy. He must be spending at least 1200 baht a day on accommodation, food, drinks, transport, medicines, doctors/hospital visits etc - that's 102,000 baht that Thailand is better off.

how the heck did you come up with that... if he had that much money at his disposal then him being an illegal would mean he is a mental moron to overstay.  Even when caught I am sure that much funds at his fingertips could have greased the wheels of justice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Well he I doubt he was living under a bridge and eating out of the bins.

Well, I qualify... and yet my monthly expenses don't exceed 20,000 baht / month (keeps accumulating in bank)...  that includes a 3 bedroom house in a gated community, electricity for AC, food... no I do not go dumpster diving...  I just don't have anything I need or want to spend money on right now.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1