habuspasha

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If you have a relationship with a woman or girl 30 years younger then you , my qeustion is , when did this relationship start ????? Your 70 she's in her 30ties now . But when did you meet ?? If you where 50 that would make a big diference i would say . Just pointing it out. 

She may be better at Maths ! (30+30=60). Just pointing it out. ????

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

And a larger one story house will be necessary if and when one is in a wheelchair.

'Darling, you buy me bigger expensive car because...errrr… you might need wheelchair'.  

''Darling, now you buy me, oh, us, bigger expensive house because...errr... you might need one floor when older'.  

'Darling, you give me you bank details, credit cards, write you will, because,, errr, so I can take care you when you old''.  

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

This is not good... have you had it checked out? I will keep my distance from your posts for a while... 

your posts recently are showing a bit more humor than previously.   you have a gig ?   shhhhhh

mums the word

After doing my, “due diligence” before retiring to Thailand, I noted that Thailand, and Asia in general takes a better view of aging. So, that was one consideration an, after 8 years here, I have found this confirmed in my case. I am with the best female partner of my life (yo! only 5 long term relationships). 26 years my junior but a traditionally raised Thai girl, well, I could not ask for better.

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the most wonderful things about Thailand, is that the judgment level of couples with signifiant differences in age, is not as harsh, as in the west. My wife is quite a bit younger than me too. It works really well for us. When I dated women close to my age back in the US, it rarely ever worked out. Most were very rigid, closed minded, and set in their ways. Plus, many liked to go to bed very early, and behaved as if they were 20 years older than they were. That was not fun. I find younger women to be far more vital, more vigorous, and if you are fortunate to find one, far more open minded and adventurous. 

I find when we are out in public many men stare at her, as she is still very attractive and fit, and look at me with envy. Women here seem to be fairly neutral. In the US we get some attention. She gets alot of looks, and the guys look at me like they presume I am a centi-millionaire. The gals look at me like I a felon, and have committed a major crime, by refusing to jump over the hurdles prescribed by them, and taking a shortcut to heaven. That is so much fun. It is a wonderful feeling to watch the Western women squirm and to witness their confusion and disapproval. 

Overall, it has been an amazing relationship, and it has worked very well to this day. Every day with her is a very good day. She is the same lovely woman from one day to the next. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. Never experienced that in the states. Some Thais manifest that unbearable lightness of being, that is so delightful to be around. I cannot really get enough of that spirit, and feel so blessed to be around that, and to have found such a well adjusted and delightful creature. 

Granted, even though she is very smart, I do not get alot of intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. 

So, enjoy what you have. You have been given a wonderful gift. Treasure her. Give thanks for your glorious fate.

OK, Mikey. On this post we are of one mind. I will confess to being quite amused at the envy of the males my age back in the US.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

I'm sure it was a fantasy of yours when you were in your twenties to have sex with a 65 year old wrinkly grandmother.  So I'm sure it feels the same for her. Hope your paying a large sum monthly and leaving everything to her. As she will need therapy many years after you are gone. 

Being able to keep a house full of cats appears to work wonders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

your posts recently are showing a bit more humor than previously.   you have a gig ?   shhhhhh

mums the word

Thanks - hard to take anything seriously anymore... between climate change, politics, viruses, and hitting 70 soon... in one way or another... die soon sure. 

Really enjoying my new house but been busy taking care of others... 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning.

I can as usual relate to all you say... when my wife was in USA with me, she was 30 and looked very young, and she is tiny - so, everyone thought she was 12 years old and my adopted daughter... 

I too find that it is not practical to expect 100% of what I need from any one person. I have friends for the intellectual stimulus.. even w/my first wife in USA, we could agree 99% on an issue and it would narrow down to that 1 % and blossom into a fight... 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Thanks - hard to take anything seriously anymore... between climate change, politics, viruses, and hitting 70 soon... in one way or another... die soon sure. 

Really enjoying my new house but been busy taking care of others... 

glad to see you got out of the box (condo)  and back to mother earth. 

I am also nearing 70 and could care less what happens with the rest of the crazy world.

Right now I am south of Prachuap KK  where the aqi today was  35.   CM was 165  !

Notice:  land for sale in CM      good deal !

I am off topic on at least 3 levels so ................ what was the topic?  

oh yeah  .........  age...  well,  don't forget:   time wounds all heels  !

3 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

For years I've heard the magic formula for men. "Half your age, then add 7" and that is the perfect age of compatibility. Works from 16 to 100. Most but not all of my friends with successful relations fall within this general guideline.

If that were true one would need a new partner every few years.

E.g.- 40 year old man would be most compatible with a 27 year old woman ...

But, when he's 50 he needs a 32 year old, but his missus is now 37 ...

and at 60 he needs a 37 year old, but she is now 47 ...

at 70 he needs a 42 year old, but she's now 57 ...

at 80 his ideal partner should be 47 but the old lady is 67.

Of course, some guys have found the solution to that quandary.

My wife was 36 and I was 54 when we met through a mutual friend in Bangkok where she worked in an Italian restaurant. I thought an 18 year difference was a lot. But now that we’ve been married for several years I think she’s probably the mature one in the relationship, not me. Our age difference never crosses my mind anymore and since she’s in her 40s now, no one else brings it up either. Good luck to you. 

4 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

For years I've heard the magic formula for men. "Half your age, then add 7" and that is the perfect age of compatibility. Works from 16 to 100. Most but not all of my friends with successful relations fall within this general guideline.

Nah - much too old

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The woman I thought I would be spending all my life with, discarded me after 30 years of marriage and 4 kids.

That was the last 'age appropriate' relationship I ever had, or ever will have.

Let it go BMToo, let it go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is forty eight years difference between my wife and I.

I am far from being rich.

We have been together now for more than 5 years.

She has a good govt. job 

I couldn't ask for a more caring woman.

She has a mind of her and puts me in my place.

We openly discuss our life with each other 

Don't think about what others think.Life is too short.

Get on with life and be happy  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

I am also nearing 70 and could care less

couldn't care less.   could care less implies you could care less.  I know, you are 70 and who cares....but I like to help.  ????

I think age matters if it matters, especially if you want kids.  If not, then it depends if you are worrying everyone is looking at you as some old loser with a young girl, then it matters.

50 to 30, yeah that won't work.   50 to 40, sure.  60 to 40, possibly.  40 to 20, impossible.  once the lady is over 35, probably the guy just needs security (money).   for fun, 18 and 99 is fine if the girl is blind and resistant to nightmares.  lol

in a normal country, much harder because you have to talk to each other much more.  lol

• Sad 1

Age? I have a formula:- When they get to forty, trade em in for two twenties.

Well, I was a car salesman, what do you expect? When the body work starts to go and she needs expensive servicing, trade her in.

Women are like cars and will always cost you money, but you love her so you don't care about the cost. Man has been paying ever since.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Up to the person.

But...

IMO....

Woman live longer than the man. If marry with guy 40 years older= will be lonely life when he die.

And life be more difficult when 60+ up. Better to have someone share life together and help each other. IMO

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The woman I thought I would be spending all my life with, discarded me after 30 years of marriage and 4 kids.

That was the last 'age appropriate' relationship I ever had, or ever will have.

You still love her right?

I want to thank so many of you for being so supportive about our age difference.  Your responses made me feel among friends. Not what I expected, I must admit.  The few barbs were ok.  I’d rather people spoke their minds than played nice.  However, this kind of truthful interchange works, I think, partially because we are anonymous.  So without giving too much away, I’d like to return the favor by answering your questions.  1, I am the same bloke who wanted more kissing, but I didn’t want to muddy the waters on that thread with an old-man confession that would have given many of the doubters a false positive (or should I say a false negative).  I was asking about cultural differences.  The loving and sex are fine, even pushing 80.  2, We’ve been together more than 5 years, since our early 30's and 70's.  And 3, I do intend to take care of the children (they are hers).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

couldn't care less.   could care less implies you could care less.  I know, you are 70 and who cares....but I like to help.  ????

"Couldn't care less" and "could care less" are both used to mean someone doesn't care at all, but English teachers and grammarians will say that only "couldn't care less" is correct, so that is what you should use in formal or academic writing.

well, english teachers and grammarians are two of the many groups that i could care less about. or couldn't care less about.  Wait a second , now I am confused.   And damn,  a second goes really fast when you think about it.    but i know you meant well.    thanks for nothing 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ventenio said:

in a normal country, much harder because you have to talk to each other much more.  lol

Much harder because of welfare and divorce settlements.

But then I'd need to define a country with 'welfare' as normal, which it isn't. 

Women given the choice to reproduce or abort is not normal.

This is all a temporary condition in a failing civilisation over the past 50 years.

Normal is women mating with men of any age that can provide them food and housing.

Edited by BritManToo