Visa exempt for Chinese and Indian tourists proposed to boost tourism in Thailand

webfact

45 minutes ago, gtm2k said:

Before the intellectuals on this thread light up concerning arrival of indian tourists - take a deep breath !

The top 5 destinations that indians most visit are -
https://www.hellotravel.com/stories/most-visited-countries-indians

Singapore, UAE, UK, US and then Thailand

So please dont worry, we will always only have left over change to spend here...

singapore is for the shopping experience; u a e is also for shopping; uk is very likely visiting relatives and the u s is shopping and leisure.

5 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Thailand would be better off simply realizing that  tourism for 2020 is finished.  the schemes they are  pursuing will do nothing to enhance tourism/

During this period- it's time to clean up the beaches; make the water  blue again and train staff how to market , advertise and service tourists.

Once the virus has eased- international roadshows to Europe; North and South America should welcome the tourists back by promising lower prices and a great experience.

The Thai Government needs to inform the Immigration Department to stop asking people why they come to Thailand; and just stamp the people in according to their Visa type.  A smile and a welcome should be the norm.

The Government needs to suspend taxes on hotel guests and restaurant taxes as well as any taxes on alcohol. This will allow  places of business to lower prices .

Any place that  sells alcohol and wants to remain open- can do so 24/7.  The nonsensical alcohol selling hours at stores need to be rescinded.

No double pricing anywhere for anything.

Every Taxi needs to use a meter and take any passenger anywhere without argument.

Tolls everywhere need to be stopped to ensure traffic moves smoothly.

You want tourists back when the virus is contained-not now when it can be spread and is not contained.  You take the hit now; plan for the near future and take care of all the negatives that drive tourists away.

You'd be better off sending a letter to Santa Claus asking for that lot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

So you hate Thailand because they are letting other nationalities? Do you expect a country to only allow you but not allow other countries? Do I smell some racism around here? 

pure racism - not good for anybody. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, davidstipek said:

You really want to Boost Tourism here?

REALLY??

2 things are needed and this includes for India and China!

1: Raise the value of U.S. Dollar in relationship to the Thai Baht by 6-8 Baht per Dollar. (This is more where it should be anyway!).

2: Offer Visa Exempt Status to U.S. and British Citizens! One additional stipulation... They screw-up it any way, no matter how big or small they will be deported and Barred for life.

These two things will do massive Benefits to Thailand! Plus and added Bonus of Improving Exports 200%, Putting Thai's back to work. Raising Mom and Pop shops income 500% along with Major Stores 250%. Aslong as you don't screw up and raise prices!! Profit should be made on Volume of Items sold... Not on Price of each Item!

germans and the hungarians travel fair bit to destinations providing value for money.

1 minute ago, davidstipek said:

You really want to Boost Tourism here?

REALLY??

2 things are needed and this includes for India and China!

1: Raise the value of U.S. Dollar in relationship to the Thai Baht by 6-8 Baht per Dollar. (This is more where it should be anyway!).

2: Offer Visa Exempt Status to U.S. and British Citizens! One additional stipulation... They screw-up it any way, no matter how big or small they will be deported and Barred for life.

These two things will do massive Benefits to Thailand! Plus and added Bonus of Improving Exports 200%, Putting Thai's back to work. Raising Mom and Pop shops income 500% along with Major Stores 250%. Aslong as you don't screw up and raise prices!! Profit should be made on Volume of Items sold... Not on Price of each Item!

US and UK citizens are on the visa exempt scheme already.

Tell the US government to set their policy levers to increase the value of their dollar.

19 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

It just keeps getting worse. Maybe they need to read the hookers on dating sites. NO Indians NO Arabs and now obviously NO Chinese lol.

It is a girl's choice who she dates for a short time. ????????????

I have seen profiles which say arab only. Individual choices.

20 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Nana Plaza doesn’t do Indians...

And I think indians don't care about that. Mostly ladyboys there and generally indians don't go for ladyboys. 

Indians go to pattaya and hang out at the pristine pattaya beach in evening to find love.

Some of them may try to get a group deal though ????????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, globalspark said:

Been checking hotel room rates still far to high. The hotels continually are playing stupid games .With the  advent of the internet tourist around the world  always check rooms  rates, airline tickets, and what visa is required, My situation is a little different were as my wife is a Chinese living in Australia  so the 30 day visa would be  a great help.

Last year my wife was treated like a criminal  on her VOA  and she said she would never go back to Thailand. As I am half  way through Dental Treatment in Thailand  has put me in a difficult position and looking at Vietnam to complete the treatment.

as I have stated previously  when Tourists find  other  holiday destinations they are hard to get back. The Thai tourist board needs to start acting very fast before it is all lost.

The land of smiles has gone a long time ago so they need to start looking after the goose that lays the golden egg.

Just tell her you are continuing your dental treatment in Pattaya. I assure you she will come with you.

4 hours ago, Creasy said:

Fools are running out of ideas.

You mean they are running out of bad ideas because they have used most of those up there are still plenty of good ideas left to choose from,but those ideas are likely to cause loss of face,so it's just no good for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1