Jomtien Immigration 90 hold on 800,000 baht?

I have been using 800,000 baht when renewing my 1 year visa. Last year when I did it Jomtien immigration told me I needed to report back in 90 days and show that 800,000 was still on deposit, I am wondering if anyone one has been to Jomtien immigration in the last month to renew their 1 year visa with 800,000 baht and is the Jomtien office still requiring the 90 days after renewal to show 800,000 is still on deposit?

Edited by Popie
Spelling

1 hour ago, docspinoff said:

yes did mine on the 20th Jan and they gave me a letter telling me i had to bring this letter back on the 20 april with proff of funds still in my bank .the letter is stamped with the two dates 20th jan and the 20th april 

Many reports that recently folk are not being given "letter" or return to show bankbook 3 month after extension at Jomtien.

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Was this Jomtien?

Many reports that recently folk are not being given "letter" or return to show bankbook 3 month after extension.

Obviously, it is Jomtien as the poster lists Sattahip as his home in Thailand.

This 90 day report back with bank book seems particular to Jomtien immigration.

Edited by Popie

12 minutes ago, Popie said:

Error. I corrected prior to your post.

Reply to post #2. This is very different to recent reports re Jomtien requiring return with bankbook post 3 month application.

Edited by DrJack54

It appears Jomtien have been forgetful of this in recent times after starting off giving everyone a report back slip. I was not given one in December, so I asked, and was simply told to come back end of February and show my bankbook. 

• Like 1

I did the extension 13 January 2020; They told me to return in 90 days with passbook updated. There may have been a paper given to me so stating but I'm to return to my home country for a month before the date given and up to 2 months or so after the date given, so I discarded it. 

• Like 1

I was under the impression that showing the 800000 at the beginning of the extension was to prove you had sufficient funds for the year. Don’t they realise that this means the balance will reduce as you spend that money, only needing to top up before the next extension?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I was under the impression that showing the 800000 at the beginning of the extension was to prove you had sufficient funds for the year. Don’t they realise that this means the balance will reduce as you spend that money, only needing to top up before the next extension?

We had that discussion 'ad nauseam' last March.... anyhow, one can spend half of it!

• Like 1

I took my form and copies of bank book/passport to Jomtien yesterday for the 90 day proof check.

A cursory glance though the pages and was told all ok.

What they do with it no idea.

No receipt or anything, would they know if I hadn't done it ?

Edited by fulhamster
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, fulhamster said:

I took my form and copies of bank book/passport to Jomtien yesterday for the 90 day proof check.

A cursory glance though the pages and was told all ok.

What they do with it no idea.

No receipt or anything, would they know if I hadn't done it ?

That was my thought, not bother, they don't seem to be logging it anyplace so who is to know different. After March they may well start checking all renewals (retirement based on money in the bank) for compliance during the previous year anyhow... making this redundant. 

I have to go get a Re-Entry Permit soon so will take the updated bank book at the same time and see if anyone is interested. 

50 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Yes thats obvious, but not to Immi ...  rules are rules and open to whatever they think..  Just like a speeding ticket, then next stop "ah you paid already"you can go (speed away) its the mentality of things here... no logic.. so, its their way of stopping the brokers move cash around for you..

A good friend of mine renewed his last week using the 800k method and he was not asked to return in 90 days to demonstrate he still maintained at least that balance over that time. Looks like a piece of red tape has disappeared from Jomtien.

57 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

A good friend of mine renewed his last week using the 800k method and he was not asked to return in 90 days to demonstrate he still maintained at least that balance over that time. Looks like a piece of red tape has disappeared from Jomtien.

Same as me let's hope you are correct..

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the first posters under the new system go for their next extension, and how closely their bank balances are checked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

But you dare not let it drop below 800k in case the rule DOES apply.

• Like 1

A derogatory Thai remark and subsequent responses to that post have been removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

18 hours ago, Popie said:

Now and then Jomtien Immigration forgets to hand over the note with the date for the "90 days check". (They forgot mine last year, and I had to ask them about it.) Then just forget about it. You will need a 12 months bank statement when applying for the next 1 year extension. That statement will show everything immigration wants to know about the 800k/400k. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I did the extension 13 January 2020; They told me to return in 90 days with passbook updated. There may have been a paper given to me so stating but I'm to return to my home country for a month before the date given and up to 2 months or so after the date given, so I discarded it. 

i was told if this happen have to show 800,000 when i return to thailand when i have to reg address again with in 24hrs of landing 

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Amazing how many are still ignorant of the rules.

Many people on TV take great pride in flaunting their ignorance and become very annoyed at any attempt to enlighten them.

Try explaining to someone that he has an extension of stay, not a visa, and the unwashed masses wielding pitch forks and torches will surround you.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 9:20 PM, DrJack54 said:

Many reports that recently folk are not being given "letter" or return to show bankbook 3 month after extension at Jomtien.

What number desk does one take the 800,000 bank book to?  I am talking about 90 days AFTER obtaining the year's visa/extension.