Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Extension of stay for Retirement

Jomtien Monday 17th,

Did my extension of stay for Retirement I use the Combination of Money in the bank (402,000 BHT, ) and income of pension ( $AUD 37,000.00 ) 

I had a information sheet from the Immigration at Jomtien the Combination way is stated on the sheet.

I had NO LETTER from the Australian Embassy, had a statement from the Kasikornbank for the last 13 months showing receiving the pension every 28 days, I receive 13 payments each year, and a letter from the bank for the statement, also had a letter from the bank for the amount of money in the bank, so must have two letters, I leave the money in the bank never touch it. I also did my 90 day report at he same time, I had a new Passport and had the visa stamps put in the new passport,  

Everything was good and told to pick my Passport up after 2.00pm the next day, 

When I went to pick my Passport up I was told I had no photo and the extension of stay for the last year had expired and I was now on one day over stay, I had given the photo to the man that checks the paperwork but photo but the next day the photo was missing, the IO that checks the paperwork apologize to me saying sorry papa sorry. I had to pay 500 BHT and got a stamp in my Passport for the over stay. I did not say anything just payed the money got my new extension of stay, I did not want to rock the boat just copped it I did think they would accept the fact they lost the photo, but my fault for not attaching the photo to the form 7.  

• Like 1

I don't understand why you received your extension visa, having been on overstay. Once the original visa had expired (and you were on overstay), it could not be extended. I'm sure the outcome could have been more negative for you, but I do not understand the logic of their behavour. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Why does immigration allow each office to make up it's own rules. In Chaingmai we are not allowed to use combination for example. I know it is in many ways a weird   country but one would expect uniformity on something as important as immigration law.

Blame Chiang Mai immigration. They do almost everything different compared to other offices. The combination method is officially available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevden said:

I don't understand why you received your extension visa, having been on overstay. Once the original visa had expired (and you were on overstay), it could not be extended. I'm sure the outcome could have been more negative for you, but I do not understand the logic of their behavour. 

Wrong info. Immigration will do a extension of stay (it is not a visa) if you are on a short overstay after you pay the fine.

Also he applied for the extension of  the last day of his existing extension and went back the next day to pick up his passport but they had not completed the extension is the reason for the one day overstay.

1 hour ago, kevden said:

Haven't you seen the "Overstay" desk at several (normally the biggest) immigration offices? At Jomtien Immigration I think it's desk 3.