Extension based on marriage - Phuket

Mr Smithy, Did you have to have any special documents showing what was the source of your income?

I'm specifically asking did you have to "prove" your monthly income was from a pension? And if so, what evidence did you present to prove that?

Thanks...Bill!

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I doubt that this the case. More likely those that were denied an extension didn't provide sufficient proof of their income.

Untrue - I am personally aware of two people who were refused and they had evidence of monthly foreign sourced income in excess of 40K Baht/month.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:
24 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I doubt that this the case. More likely those that were denied an extension didn't provide sufficient proof of their income.

16 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Untrue - I am personally aware of two people who were refused and they had evidence of monthly foreign sourced income in excess of 40K Baht/month.

Whenever this kind of topic comes up there is always the missing information. That being the number of successful applications.

Because most most folks don't bother to report success's, They just go on their merry way. 2 failures don't really prove very much. There could well be other reasons for their lack of success.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

2 failures don't really prove very much. There could well be other reasons for their lack of success.

Phuket immigration were on record as refusing marriage extensions to all other than those with 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or those with income exceeding 40K Baht derived from Thai employment and proven by tax receipts. This policy has only recently been changed by a senior IO - as reported in the local press.

2 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

In answer to both of the above. 

1.  No 'special' documents were required but had I been asked I could have proved the source of my pension income.

2. A 12 month bank statement was provided which showed regular monthly income of 40+K Baht sourced from abroad

How many months of 40k tranfers to a Thai bank is actually needed?, does anyone know?, a year?, 2 months?, 3 months?

11 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:
11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

11 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

I said sufficient evidence. I don't buy hearsay comments on this issue. There are plenty of ways that one can fail to provide sufficient evidence.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:59 AM, Moonlover said:

They were doing it for about a year. They would not accept transfers into the country for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy. No letter from the embassy and they would not accept the application unless you had 400k baht in the bank or proof of income from working here.

It was changed after a person reported it to the Phuket News.

Article here about it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They were doing it for about a year. They would not accept transfers into the country for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy. No letter from the embassy and they would not accept the application unless you had 400k baht in the bank or proof of income from working here.

It was changed after a person reported it to the Phuket News.

Article here about it.

Thanks U.J, I understand now. Apologies to those I have doubted.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1