Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

2 hours ago, ozz1 said:

At 900 baht plus for test I can see why the numbers are so low thai people won't spend that on a test farang might but I don't think so it's the take a Panadol and go to bed syndrome

It's a bit more expensive than the 900 baht you are quoting... It's no wonder the reported cases COVID-19 are so low. Not many Thais are going to fork out that sort of money...

image.png.58d8b538062f55f9c27b110167c4fec1.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Tell me how that works?  Wouldn't the room sort of blow up like a balloon and then ...? How big can a negative pressure room expand before not being a negative pressure room.

No, it would defently not. if anything, it will go the other way, implode. A negative pressure room means that the pressure in that room is lower than in the surronding rooms, this to eliminate air from the negative pressue room to reach the other rooms.  

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

It's a bit more expensive than the 900 baht you are quoting... It's no wonder the reported cases COVID-19 are so low. Not many Thais are going to fork out that sort of money...

The super spreader could afford a trip to Hokkaido and his relative - can't recall exactly - was a bank employee wasn't he? So not the dumb uneducated Thai I'd previously assumed. Certainly in the middle-class bracket, judging by my kids who choose to go to Japan for holiday. His motivations are bewildering if he's not poor. But that's quite a normal cultural trait IMO.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Arthur Mullard said:

The super spreader could afford a trip to Hokkaido and his relative - can't recall exactly - was a bank employee wasn't he? So not the dumb uneducated Thai I'd previously assumed. Certainly in the middle-class bracket, judging by my kids who choose to go to Japan for holiday. His motivations are bewildering if he's not poor. But that's quite a normal cultural trait IMO.

Heard the bank his 'son' worked in shut down that branch as well. 'He' went with his wife, got sick on return. Last I heard his wfe, son ( bank employee ) got it as well.

Edited by overherebc
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

"Transferred to specifically equipped facilities" -> government hospitals, real slaughter yards. No thanks.

• Like 1

My niece just got back from Japan where everyone was wearing masks and taking the virus seriously. She said that even at the Bangkok airport, only staff wearing masks, but lots of

people not. Way different attitude. She will quarentine for at least 2 weeks before returning

to her job, I suggested 4 weeks, as some people sjowed no symptoms for over 3 weeks.

Thailand, Land of risk takers.

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My niece just got back from Japan where everyone was wearing masks and taking the virus seriously. She said that even at the Bangkok airport, only staff wearing masks, but lots of

people not. Way different attitude. She will quarentine for at least 2 weeks before returning

to her job, I suggested 4 weeks, as some people sjowed no symptoms for over 3 weeks.

Thailand, Land of risk takers.

Geezer

Do I understand your post correctly. Your niece just returned from Japan and will be quarantined 2 weeks??

I'm going Osaka in 2 weeks. Where do I sleep upon return to bkk?

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do I understand your post correctly. Your niece just returned from Japan and will be quarantined 2 weeks??

I'm going Osaka in 2 weeks. Where do I sleep upon return to bkk?

Self quarantine at your residence supposedly 

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Self quarantine at your residence supposedly 

Not wishing to be picky. 

Your suggesting everyone taking a trip to Japan (in my case Osaka) then upon return will have to self quarantine????

Where did you come up with that? 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Not wishing to be picky. 

Your suggesting everyone taking a trip to Japan (in my case Osaka) then upon return will have to self quarantine????

Where did you come up with that? 

From the Thai government's request that people who visit 6 countries, Amongst the 6 beong Japan, South Korea, China, and Italy. Plus 2 more.......

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

"Transferred to specifically equipped facilities" -> government hospitals, real slaughter yards. No thanks.

If you managed to survive when you get the bill for keeping you alive you'll wish you didn't survive as they'll shirely slaughter your wallet.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

From the Thai government's request that people who visit 6 countries, Amongst the 6 beong Japan, South Korea, China, and Italy. Plus 2 more.......

Post link. If self quarantine is not compulsory then means stuff all.

Heck they are still allowing flights into Thailand from China. 

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What comes after your "Plus 2 more .,....."

You making this stuff up ??

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What comes after your "Plus 2 more .,....."

You making this stuff up ??

Sopon Iamsirithaworn, director of the General Communicable Diseases Bureau at the Disease Control Department, on Thursday announced the release from medical care of patients 24-27. 

The Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute discharged a 62-year-old Chinese man and a 49-year-old Thai man, and Rajavithi Hospital released a 33-year-old Chinese woman.

Sopon expressed concern that the latest cases have included more Thais returning from at-risk locales. 

He urged all Thais returning from overseas place themselves in quarantine at home for 14 days, wear a mask and avoid all contact with the public.

The Health Ministry has also advised all citizens to avoid travelling abroad to locales where the virus is present.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sopon Iamsirithaworn, director of the General Communicable Diseases Bureau at the Disease Control Department, on Thursday announced the release from medical care of patients 24-27. 

The Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute discharged a 62-year-old Chinese man and a 49-year-old Thai man, and Rajavithi Hospital released a 33-year-old Chinese woman.

Sopon expressed concern that the latest cases have included more Thais returning from at-risk locales. 

He urged all Thais returning from overseas place themselves in quarantine at home for 14 days, wear a mask and avoid all contact with the public.

The Health Ministry has also advised all citizens to avoid travelling abroad to locales where the virus is present.

Is that your reply???.

"He urged..."

Your quoting a clown. Stop with misinformation. Anyone returning from Japan needs (currently) do nothing. 

Hells bells.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that your reply???.

"He urged..."

Your quoting a clown. Stop with misinformation. Anyone returning from Japan needs (currently) do nothing. 

Hells bells.

Additionally, the Ministry of Education has issued a directive to all schools in Thailand regarding COVID-19. The directive states that any families who have been to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore or Japan must place themselves in 14 days of voluntary quarantine from their date of return to Thailand.  They also have placed all of the students from Khon Kaen university who just returned into a 14 day self quarantine in their residences.  This is true information.  Not Misinformation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unless you have not noticed, Thailand is still allowing incoming flights from China.

It was China that stop tour group booking out of China. Many countries have stopped flights from China. So far Thailand has not

Edited by DrJack54

• Here is one link

59 returnees from S.Korea isolated as two new COVID-19 confirmed

000_1OH98R.jpg

File photo

Fifty-nine students and staff of Khon Kaen University have been quarantined at their lodgings for observation for 14 days after two of them were found to have a high fever after their return from South Korea.

The university administration said the two students were tested for COVID-19 infection at the Srinakharin Hospital in the campus, but their results were negative.

The administration added that, for safety’s sake, all 59 of them were told to take leave at their lodgings and to remain there for the 14-day mandatory period.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/59-returnees-from-s-korea-isolated-as-two-new-covid-19-confirmed/

And another link with potential fines for not complying:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-status-as-dangerous-infectious-disease-effective-from-friday/

I dont make this stuff up folks, its straight from articles either on here which are links or other links from Thai news sources.

Yes it is in direct contrast to the tourism issue!!!!! They are still being allowed in.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

I'm not a student from Khon Kaen. Also did not return from Sth Korea.

Nor are all the tourists returning from Japan visit.

Enough. Very boring attitude you have. 

Trying to prove what. 

Stick to facts.

Fact is presently no one is forced quarantine themselves from visit to Japan.

That's a FACT.

Sorry for Boring you Her Doktor:

Khun Anutin added that  If travel is required, personnel are required to self-quarantine for 14 days. These countries include China, Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Italy, Iran and Japan.

Khun Anutin further added that Covid-19 has been classified as a dangerous communicable disease. Under the change, anybody with suspect symptoms after visiting a high-risk country must report to the authorities within three hours. By law, returning travellers must report where they went to disease control officers stationed at all airports.

Khun  Anutin said. “Those who are planning to travel abroad in this period, if it’s possible to avoid that, please avoid it,” “We are entering a full war with Covid-19.”

At the briefing, the health minister again discouraged Thais from unnecessary travel. "For the airlines, please reduce promotions,"Khun  Anutin said. "Even though tickets are cheap, it could be your last holiday."

• Haha 1

It's not rocket science to identify and track people arriving to Thailand from flights originating from high-risk countries.  The Thai government should be requiring it's own citizens to be scanned by it's bio-metrics database collection at airports. But can't do that.  Those systems are only set up to scan non-Thais.  Scanning Thai nationals would be an inconvenience.  Only non-Thais are a risk to national security.  ???? 

At a minimum the authorities should be keeping a roster of all Thai nationals who arrive at Thai airports from at-risk countries.  A 6 grader could figure out how to accomplish that much. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The directive states that any families who have been to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore or Japan must place themselves in 14 days of voluntary quarantine from their date of return to Thailand. 

...during which time they will not be able to earn money or shop for food, nor receive assistance from the government.  
(Not gonna happen).  ????

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm a teacher at an international school and can assure you that if you have returned from Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, South Korean, China, Macau or Hong Kong you must self-quarantine for 14 days. This is a Ministry of Education directive and obviously applies to students as well as staff.

• Like 1

Ridiculously over-dramatic. Don't take trips because 'it could be your last?' I realise the COVID-19 threat is real - I have a young kid and it's worrying - but using that kind of language does not reassure me at all. Instead it makes me think he is not taking the situation seriously at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not a student from Khon Kaen. Also did not return from Sth Korea.

Nor are all the tourists returning from Japan visit.

Enough. Very boring attitude you have. 

Trying to prove what. 

Stick to facts.

Fact is presently no one is forced quarantine themselves from visit to Japan.

That's a FACT.

At our office which is Thai Govt. owned to we have had official instructions to self isolate for 14 days if we have travelled to Singapore, Korea, Japan or any other high risk countries.