E-Visa from London? Translation required? Anyone done it?

I am about to apply for a non-o based on marriage using the e-visa service. 

It says on the website (http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html) that 'Documents in foreign languages must be translated into English and the translation must be certified  by the relevant embassy in London.

Does this mean that I have to get my marriage certificate translated into English? And my wife's ID etc? Or is this only relevant for people submitting documents that are in neither English or Thai. 

7 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

Or is this only relevant for people submitting documents that are in neither English or Thai. 

Yes!

I have applied twice to London (though before e-visa). Thai ID and Thai Marriage cert were fine.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A translation would not needed for anything that is in Thai.

The notice is for languages other than Thai or English.

I don't suppose you know whether I need to also send hard copies of the supporting documents to the embassy along with my passport? Or are they only required to be uploaded?

I have uploaded them all but the language following my submission seems to indicate that I should send the documents too. Yet on the link below it suggests to send passport, confirmation page and stamped addressed envelope 

32 minutes ago, drh1010 said:

I don't suppose you know whether I need to also send hard copies of the supporting documents to the embassy along with my passport? Or are they only required to be uploaded?

I have uploaded them all but the language following my submission seems to indicate that I should send the documents too. Yet on the link below it suggests to send passport, confirmation page and stamped addressed envelope 

You only have to send your passport and the visa application confirmation with the barcode on it.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only have to send your passport and the visa application confirmation with the barcode on it.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

Thanks Ubon Joe. It appears that you only need to bring hard copies of the supporting documents if you are collecting it in person (not sure why). But after I submitted, it confirmed that postal applications just need the confirmation page and passport together with stamped addressed envelope 

Unfortunately the application form covers all types of non-o visas and not all sections are applicable in some cases. Your Thai language documents are fine for a marriage based visa. Some Embassies also like you to have a letter from your wife (written in Thai) addressed to the Embassy and requesting that the visa is granted (to indicate that you are still together)

On 2/27/2020 at 3:38 AM, Hubble said:

Unfortunately the application form covers all types of non-o visas and not all sections are applicable in some cases. Your Thai language documents are fine for a marriage based visa. Some Embassies also like you to have a letter from your wife (written in Thai) addressed to the Embassy and requesting that the visa is granted (to indicate that you are still together)

Thanks Hubble. Yes it's not so clear. I provided a letter from my wife so hopefully this will go through ok