Banks start installing thermal scanners to detect COVID-19 infection

snoop1130

Banks start installing thermal scanners to detect COVID-19 infection

k-bank-28.22.jpg

©K Bank

A number of commercial banks have taken the precautionary measure of installing thermal scanners to check the body temperatures of bank visitors, for the safety of their staff and customers in wake of rising concerns over the spread of COVID-19.

According to Thai PBS reporters, thermal scanners have been installed today at the Kasikorn Bank’s Ratburana, Pahonyothin, Chaengwattana, KBTG and Silom branches to screen all people entering the banks.

Anyone detected with a body temperature of 37.5oC or above will be barred from entering the buildings, said the bank, adding that the measure might cause some inconvenience but it is necessary.

Face masks and sanitizer gels have been prepared for bank staff, while cleaners have been instructed to increase the frequency of office cleansing.

Similar precautionary measures have been reported at all branches of the state-run Government Housing Bank.

In parliament this morning, House Speaker Chuan Leekpai asked all MPs and members of House committees to delay their foreign travel plans as a precaution to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/banks-start-installing-thermal-scanners-to-detect-covid-19-infection/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-02-28

At Khlong Bang Phai MRT yesterday they used a forehead scanner and told me I was Ok. The MRT police guy showed it to me and it said 33 degress Celsius....I laughed and pointed out that it showed I am clinically dead...they just smiled and waved me thru.......it never ends...and no I am not making this up....

Retiree at Immigration: "I'm here to do my annual retirement extension".

Immigration officer, flipping through documentation: "Where's your bank letter?"

Retiree: "Haven't got one. They wouldn't let me in to the bank because I had a cold and was running a fever".

Immigration Officer: "No plobrem". Stamps and hands back passport. "Have a nice day!"

Then I woke up.