Photos reveal impact Covid-19 is having on tourism in Bangkok

webfact

7 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

no new cases in our province for over a week.  currently 168 total, 5 deaths, 152 recovered, 11 remain in hospital.  next door neighbors just returned from inner mongolia, now under required 14-day quarantine.  lady of the house is a college teacher; instructors have been called back, but students not allowed to return yet.  possibly by end of march.

"Quarantined.  No visitors."

It does seem that the draconian measures implemented by China have actually worked and the numbers are falling. I doubt that these measures would be as efficiently implemented in other countries. One up for a communist regime?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:57 AM, dunroaming said:

My wife flew out of Heathrow to Bangkok yesterday on the Thai Airways A380.  She phoned me from the plane before take-off to say it was 75% full.  Only a handful of people were wearing masks at that point, most of them being westerners.  I was surprised that there were so many on the flight. 

My friend flew Emirates from Manchester yesterday, via Dubai. Reported similar flight occupancy but few wearing masks. Both Dubai and Bangkok airports very quiet.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:29 PM, Rodbayne94 said:

I was in Thailand in 2019, it is a place of great tourist movement, it is the center of Bangkok

Interesting to note that you found Thailand to be the centre of Bangkok.  After living in Thailand for 20+ years I am amazed that I always, along with many others, were taught that Bangkok was the capital of Thailand.

As for the photographs of Bangkok on a Sunday morning, I have been down there many times on Sunday mornings and it has always looked like that until about 8 or 9 am when things begin to pick up a bit.

'nuf sed.