Abortion rights face stern new test at conservative U.S. Supreme Court

webfact

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Shouldn't we men have the right to look after our babies?

I've got one and mom's gone and I'm OK looking after him.

Hats off to you.

Yes men absolutely should have the right to look after their own baby, I wish more would.

But that is not an argument that men should have any say in the choice a woman to have a baby or choose an abortion.

If men want to look after a baby, find a woman willing of her own free will to deliver one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Whilst I can agree with abortion for cases of rape and incest or violence perhaps, and in cases where there are severe growth issues, I personally find it sickening that a woman can just go and kill the offspring of not only her BUT her partner too. Men should have the ability to stop abortions in some cases. A woman can have a baby against a man's wishes, but a man cannot stop a woman's wishes. It takes two to create a life, but only one to murder it it seems

First of all: it is hardly "murder", in any sense of the word, to abort a fetus!

Secondly, I like your idea!

Of course every man, that is involved in that decission, signs a biding agreement to finacially aid a women, who has then to raise the child, may it be healthy or sick or an overbearing burden for the mother, that she may not be able bare, financially or psychologically!

And of course, we are not talking some pocket money: we are talking a monthly allowance for food, clothes, school, doctors bills or (in the case of a phisically or mentally handicapped child) all kinds of technical and human aid.

...yeah...thought so!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

First of all: it is hardly "murder", in any sense of the word, to abort a fetus!

Secondly, I like your idea!

Of course every man, that is involved in that decission, signs a biding agreement to finacially aid a women, who has then to raise the child, may it be healthy or sick or an overbearing burden for the mother, that she may not be able bare, financially or psychologically!

And of course, we are not talking some pocket money: we are talking a monthly allowance for food, clothes, school, doctors bills or (in the case of a phisically or mentally handicapped child) all kinds of technical and human aid.

...yeah...thought so!

Keep it easy, men and women each having dominion over their own bodies and no control over each other’s.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Keep it easy, men and women each having dominion over their own bodies and no control over each other’s.

Of course! But you see, what "we" are up against!

Sometimes, you have to go to extremes!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Do you REALLY believe this?

I mean...seriously?

Sorry, I can't agree that killing babies is right, doesn't matter to me if they haven't stuck their heads outside yet.

If not wanting babies dead makes me a bad person, so be it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And how many of those children lived happily ever after?

Lots of bad things happen if babies and (especially) young children don't get the love and support they deserve.

The one I'm bringing up seems to be living as happily as anyone I've ever met.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The one I'm bringing up seems to be living as happily as anyone I've ever met.

That's wonderful. And probably you give him the love and support she or he deserves.

And what about all the other kids who are not loved and not supported? Unfortunately there are too many of them. And because of the way they grow up their chances in life are very limited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's not a child, it's a foetus and the foetus isn't viable until around 22 weeks. Potential child but not a de facto child.

OK. So 22 weeks is the cut off then. Fair enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

Says the guy who permanently rages against climate change -science!

Priceless!

I dont "rage" against anything. I merely question, which to the Church of the Green New Deal, is blasphemous.

Got some questions about viability then?

Edited by Nyezhov

I agree with abortion in cases of rape, birth defect etc. I know that is hypocritical but that how I feel. As for sucking healthy babies from the mother's womb, I find that totally reprehensible and discusting. Could not imagine doing the job. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I can't agree that killing babies is right, doesn't matter to me if they haven't stuck their heads outside yet.

If not wanting babies dead makes me a bad person, so be it.

Oh stop your grandstanding!

I wish you would be as happy to defend the fate of the living!

Like...you know...refugees, for example!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickey rat said:

I agree with abortion in cases of rape, birth defect etc. I know that is hypocritical but that how I feel. As for sucking healthy babies from the mother's womb, I find that totally reprehensible and discusting. Could not imagine doing the job. 

No One is "...sucking healthy babies from the mother's womb..."!

Where do you get this scenario from?

It's not a "bay" by any stretch of the imagination!

It's a fetus, a zygote, a lump of cells...not viable on it's own!

Stop the fairy- tales!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

So dismayed that the USA is trying to turn back the clock 50 years and deny women free choice.

Archaic to say the very least. 

Will be interested to see if Trump has control over the Supreme Court as seems to be his intention. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Abortion  rights are currently destroying our civilisation.

40% of fetus in the USA are aborted & contraception is so widespread our populations are shrinking drastically, if we allow this to continue only African, Asians and Arabs will be left in the world.

Is 'what women want' really so important that we should allow ourselves to become extinct?

Wow... just wow. Let’s start by ignoring your made up percentages, and move on to ask simply.... would you also like the women shackled, for your convenience?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

No One is "...sucking healthy babies from the mother's womb..."!

Where do you get this scenario from?

It's not a "bay" by any stretch of the imagination!

It's a fetus, a zygote, a lump of cells...not viable on it's own!

Stop the fairy- tales!

No actually, scientifically, it's viable at 22 weeks. So there are plenty of babies being sucked out on a whim.

Now Kermit gosnell? There is your nightmare. How soon folks forget.

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Abortion  rights are currently destroying our civilisation.

40% of fetus in the USA are aborted & contraception is so widespread our populations are shrinking drastically, if we allow this to continue only African, Asians and Arabs will be left in the world.

Is 'what women want' really so important that we should allow ourselves to become extinct?

The world is overpopulated.  Are you going to take care of all these additional babies?  The government will have to take care of them, and there will be more abused children.  The law won’t stop abortion anyway.  Do you have a clue here w many is a billion?

13 minutes ago, Redline said:

The world is overpopulated.  Are you going to take care of all these additional babies?  The government will have to take care of them, and there will be more abused children.  The law won’t stop abortion anyway.  Do you have a clue here w many is a billion?

The world isn't overpopulated with Caucasians, we're dying out.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thats why folks contend eugenecists promoted abortion....keep down the numbers of non whites in the USA. Seems to work, arent most of the abortions among non whites?

Edited by Nyezhov

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats why folks contend eugenecists promoted abortion....keep down the numbers of non whites in the USA. Seems to work, arent most of the abortions among non whites?

It doesn't seem to have worked, Caucasians used to account for over 50% of the worlds population, now we're down to 20% (and they've included Hispanics as Caucasians).

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It doesn't seem to have worked, Caucasians used to account for over 50% of the worlds population, now we're down to 20% (and they've included Hispanics as Caucasians).

Like when did Caucasian’s account for 50% of the world’s population?

I’m guessing sometime when caucasians has yet to discover 70% of the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So, it’s a USA law-not worldwide ???? who’s going to take care of all the unwanted babies ???? are you proposing getting rid of contraception?  How come to he government doesn’t pay for child births?  It’s clear white people are not going to be the majority, even in the USA.  Take off your hood, and stop your paranoia 

• Like 2