Covid-19: 10,000 guides out of​ work​ -​ ask government to​ feed them!

webfact

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

because it is very rare for a Thai to buy a used vehicle ...

Which is why Thailand is littered with used vehicle dealership, there must be a zillion in Chiang Mai alone!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Most of the farmers in my province have taken it upon themselves to buy farm tractors which they pay for with great difficulty;

Until the rains arrive there will be no work regardless for these people if they do go home, even then its limited, that's why they left! ???? 

• Like 2

I thought that workers could receive unemployment (or employment loss) benefits in Thailand?  I read a few weeks ago, that Thai people were quitting jobs, to receive the government benefit, which was a higher amount than the salary received for reduced hours at some factories/manufacturers....

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Letters have been sent to tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn asking him for money for food and transport.

Why do they need money for transport, they have no where to go. Or do they need to stay in practice for when they do have tourists again.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, transam said:

What, no unemployment or sickness benefits, no wonder so many folk are flocking to get into farangland...:whistling:

Did they ever wonder why people from Farangland come to their undeveloped, 3rd world country?

No one would leave heaven to live in hell?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlienHermit66 said:

What is the point of this photo? Are these tour guides living in BKK? Are they just waiting in BKK to fly away somewhere? Are these people the tourists who are leaving and won't be needing guides anymore? Or is it just a good, scary photo because everyone in it is wearing a mask? 

Guides waiting at the prime minister's office for handouts of food and transport money (i.e. a refund of the bus fares they just spent to get there in the first place).

34 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

He says that when one works one must have the intelligence to put part of one's salary aside in anticipation of lean days.

So they should use the same values that we have and were bought up with?

Maybe they look at all the miserable "Farangs" & think I'm not interested in going down that road? look where it got them, spending their time living in another country criticising the natives every chance they get? :shock1:

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

This is not a criticism which, moreover, can be positive, but quite simply an observation.

As was my comment, a mere observation ???? 

• Thanks 1