Pattaya is the best place in Thailand!

flyingsaucersarereal

14 minutes ago, androokery said:

However, most (but not all) expats grow beyond that stage after a while and some appreciate quite different aspects of life in Thailand rather more.

Pattaya encompasses all the different aspects of life in Thailand within its large boundaries, and so one can still progress to various stages there right on up to the crematorium stage, all without having to move very far. Nor is one restricted from enjoying the occasional holiday outside of Pattaya should one choose, the more enjoyable for knowing you'll be returning home before long. ????

• Like 1

Pattaya is a dump but that is the charm for some (even me sometimes as I don't live there and nice knowing I leave).  Its kind of like Cabo San Lucas, Mexico or Nassau, Bahamas etc. The sleaze about those locations has an appeal. I take it for what it is when there working. Generally speaking Pattaya is filthy, loads of traffic, terrible roads to drive, usually packed with Indian and Chinese tourists. Scams are endless and the food is overpriced unless you get out of the area a bit. I personally think it is an alright place to visit from time to time but I am always reminded as I am leaving that its not a place I would ever live. 

That said however, there is always some good entertainment people watching. Seeing that poor old foreigner with fresh tats walking with his young "Date" in tow talking pigeon English holding hands is always good for a laugh. ????. Or the foreigner on the back of his "Dates" Scooter. Maybe the getting attacked by Ladyboys or paying a lot of money for <deleted> cocktails is the "Edgy" part the OP likes.????.

IMHO Pattaya is clearly not the best place to live in Thailand but everyone has different standards and expectations of their living environment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

Most of the guys on this forum have had plenty of experience with "real girlfriends" .

I think they are well aware that the 20 year olds (and up)  may not fit the "normal" definition

of a girlfriend.    In my opinion,  men (as well as women) all have the freedom to decide for themselves what kind of GF they prefer.  

The true love you talk about has led many foreign men to get married ( the traditional concept of "relationship" ) .  Whether in their own country or in Thailand , many men have very bad

outcomes, emotionally and/or  financially as a result of getting married. 

It is very rare that the true love you refer to remains the same and leads to a long and enduring relationship.  Sometimes the fault of the man,  sometimes the woman, sometimes

things just change .  

Once or twice bitten...... sometimes people just decide that there are other types of girlfriends or boyfriends that they prefer to seek.    I do not judge others.....  though i might cringe a bit from time to time

Good afternoon Rumak.

Thankyou take time for your long answer.

But i not talk about why farang men in Pattaya like sex worker.

My point only to say Is not real “girlfriend” if she sexworker. It is “financial transaction.” 

I hope you understand now. 

Maybe some guys imagine that is real girlfriend. But generally speaking he is only a “customer”.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

I like Pattaya as well.

It seems like "respectable people" don't like Pattaya and never go there.

Makes me think of Marlena Dietrich in the movie Shanghai Express :

"Don't you find respectable people terribly... dull?"

That's a solid reference ????

49 minutes ago, newnative said:

Nice post.  You can make about any kind of life you want in Pattaya with all its variety.  I've enjoyed living here for 10 years. Beautiful condo with ocean view, great friends, shopping and restaurants of all kinds, nice weather year-round lets me swim every day, good hospitals and medical care, 2 airports not far away. Reasonable cost of living.  Pattaya is the best place for me in Thailand, too.

I agree, 100%. I have condo cosy beach, only 6 or 7 minutes to walking at or Jomtien

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Okay. I am going down there this week, basically to Jomtien. Is there good Mexican and Indian food there?

Yes there is but treat yourself to some Aussie food. Tinnies, best pies in the World (and that's coming from a Brit).