Pattaya is the best place in Thailand!

flyingsaucersarereal

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I like Pattaya as well.

It seems like "respectable people" don't like Pattaya and never go there.

Makes me think of Marlena Dietrich in the movie Shanghai Express :

"Don't you find respectable people terribly... dull?"

You just gave your age away ????

So, you are currently living in Isaan? - Surely much cheaper than Pattaya!!! And for me, sitting all night until 4am (no doubt in your case at a bar) how boring and what a waste of life  - but everyone to their own likes. Pattaya, in my opinion, is a dump and to be avoided!!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I get up between 4 and 5 every morning. You clearly have no idea how expats in Pattaya live.

That is true, living for nearly 20 years in the north of Thailand - Lanna then Isaan, I have always avoided Pattaya so I do not know how ex-pats live there but I do know how most ex-pats live in the north!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Errr...Yes it is. When the new motorway opens (allegedly May) it will be less.

Of course it is with or without motorway. I can do it in 90 minutes on my bicycle, so if you drive it's about 30, unless it's a long weekend with half of Bkk in sin city when it might take you an hour just to get out of Pattaya. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Of course it is with or without motorway. I can do it in 90 minutes on my bicycle, so if you drive it's about 30, unless it's a long weekend with half of Bkk in sin city when it might take you an hour just to get out of Pattaya. 

It's the road construction that's slowing things down a bit. The 332 has some as does the 3 east of Sattahip.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Maybe some guys imagine that is real girlfriend. But generally speaking he is only a “customer”.

Yes,  I agree with you  ????  .   And I also see many men (even some older Thai men)  with ladies

that they "imagine" is a real girlfriend , and the girl is not a sex worker.  Just a normal lady who

is after a better material life . 

I like to think Mrs Rumak is different .  I will ask your opinion if we ever meet .

• Like 1

If you are there for the girls, Pattaya might be the best place, but for everything else, surely there are much better places.

For example if you want the “tourist experience” then I would say Ao Nang is a better place, much nicer surroundings (beach, islands, limestone rocks, etc.), it’s a short drive from Krabi airport, you have plenty of good restaurants serving seafood with waiters that speak English, and if you are venturous, there is an actual town nearby which is a real town with Thai people doing everyday stuff, or you can go to the jungle (Khao Sok) which is only a two hours drive away.

If you want less of a touristy experience there is Chiang Mai (ignoring some parts of it), again, close to airport, and it’s a real city that existed long before the tourists came, so it has universities with all that this brings (young people living regular lifes and creating demand for what such people desire), much more emphasis on aesthetics (because people actually live there, and is not just seasonal workers for the tourist season), and lots of places, like picnic spots, where Thai people go when they want to relax, again, because this is a real city with a big population of regular people that create a demand for these kinds of things.

In Pattaya everything is just there for a certain type of tourist, I am sure it is great for this type of tourist, but it lack diversity, it lack aesthetics, the beach is dirty, and the few daytime activities that exist, are so clearly made for tourists that have no better things to spend their time on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

So, you are currently living in Isaan? - Surely much cheaper than Pattaya!!! And for me, sitting all night until 4am (no doubt in your case at a bar) how boring and what a waste of life  - but everyone to their own likes. Pattaya, in my opinion, is a dump and to be avoided!!

And where do you live?

We know.....Cambodia. Hardly in a position to criticise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

I get up between 4 and 5 every morning. You clearly have no idea how expats in Pattaya live. You seem unable to distinguish between 2 week tourists and expats.

I love walking around in Pattaya (sober) at 4-5 am after a good night's sleep. There's something oddly uplifting about it all:) When it's time to go to my home country, I try to make sure I leave Pattaya early in the morning. Those early mornings really make me miss the place more in all its depravity...

Edited by androokery
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, newnative said:

I suppose you also think that everyone living in Vegas is 'sitting all night until 4am' at a slot machine.  I've been in Pattaya since 2010 and I can't remember the last time I was in a bar--and certainly not until 4am.  Guess what?  You can live a normal life in Pattaya.  (And Vegas, too!)

And neither has prostitutes.

7 hours ago, KC 71 said:

How did rest of The Kingdom compare to Patts ? 

I'm sure he doesn't know Bankrud, Bangsak and many other places.

Pattaya somehow suc_s. Too many criminals and rip offs staying at the same place for obvious reasons.

The times are over where you could get some companionship for 500 baht and a small barfine.

Thank Thaksin for his war on drugs. Pattaya isn't the real Thailand in my eyes. It's the Thai version of Disneyland for adults.

And considering all the fake ladyboys, aeeh sorry- second type women-a big sh_hole.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Pattaya isn't the real Thailand in my eyes.

I lived in Pattaya for 15 years, I have now lived in Isaan for 6 years, there is no difference between either place in many, many areas, I never went to walking street and rarely drove down beach road, they are not all off "Pattaya" yet appear to always be the places people refer too as "Pattaya"

• Like 2

#1. Wrong.  Pattaya is not "centrally located" in Thailand.  It's in the Southeast.

#2.  Wrong.  Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Issan are all cheaper than Pattaya.

If I want "edgey" I'd go to a knife fight.

Pattaya is for people bad at geography and math, apparently. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiSePuede419 said:

#1. Wrong.  Pattaya is not "centrally located" in Thailand.  It's in the Southeast.

Sure, I thought Songkla was considered to be the Southeast of Thailand?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, essox essox said:

plus plenty of roadworks all over the place....

All these road works in Pattaya remind me of when I was living back in Scotland, when driving you could hardly turn a corner without running in to road works.

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

I'd have to say Jomtien...Pattaya ten minutes and ten baht away, without all the traffic etc Pattaya has....however Southern beaches are far superior if you want the island/backpacker feel ....but yes, easy immigration, no real smog, abundance of cheap food outlets and of course...the baht bus...hard to beat

Easy immigration?????????????????