Pattaya is the best place in Thailand!

flyingsaucersarereal

9 hours ago, kenk24 said:

oh, I thought once in the airport you would have to wait too... but I guess not... the airport in CM is easy to get to... close to town.. 

eye candy? just go to any shopping mall in Thailand... 

For eye candy, Bangkok is much better.  That is if you like real Thai women that are educated and have good jobs.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would I care if she was educated or employed?

Do you want her to go halves on a date and discuss dark matter?

Different strokes for different folks!  Halves?  Sometimes she even offers to pick up the tab.  Dark matter?  Maybe not.  The financial markets, yes!

2 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Different strokes for different folks!  Halves?  Sometimes she even offers to pick up the tab.  Dark matter?  Maybe not.  The financial markets, yes!

Making money ......... probably the dullest subject in the world.

If I still needed to make money at age 60+ I'd kill myself.

• Haha 1

Sounds like a monger in action.  Let's deal with some realities.  Pattaya is very polluted and the air quality is very close to Bangkok and actually exceeds Chiang Mai for parts of the year.  The infrastructure is overtaxed and traffic and roads are in poor shape.  The police have round the clock check stops 24 hours per day.  The people are less friendly than other parts including Bangkok.  The ones who drift here are generally here to make a quick buck and cons are existent everywhere.

Pattaya is only redeemed by its cheap rents and location.  If you are someone who simply chases addictions such as sex or alcohol or whatever Pattaya is definitely the place for you.

• Like 1

It's not that Pattaya isn't those things it's the others that offset it

Rank reputation among Thai

Pretty disgusting mob of people honestly. Thai, farang

A dangerous thuggery about in the streets

No serious transport for a city of its size

No real Thai food

The second, third tier women go to Pattaya.

The hordes of Russian, Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern

The aggressive ladyboys

The general grubbiness of the place. Quite unclean.

Beach road has been a dump since 2006. I'm sure it's not changed.

Traffic and management are non existent

If you want to travel south, it's poorly situated

The Dark side. Just riff Raff, mostly skint British expats

9 hours ago, jesimps said:

The people who criticise Pattaya the most are those that have never visited the place and those from out in the sticks who would love to come here but their wives won't let them, so they knock it out of frustration and jealousy. I've lived here for 13 years and love the place and wouldn't live anywhere else in Thailand.

Well said, sums the situation up perfectly

• Like 2

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

All these road works in Pattaya remind me of when I was living back in Scotland, when driving you could hardly turn a corner without running in to road works.

Auckland a bit the same, now. Roadworks everywhere... 

• Like 1

I hated every second was there, could not wait to get out, found it dirty, dreary, boring and depressing.
First went 35 years ago, went back recently, didn't find much had changed.

But each to their own.

I'm sure there are those who would say the same about my favourite spots. 

Everyone has their own needs and peculiarities. 

Vive la difference!

If the Jomtien beach water was cleaner the place would be top notch.  I do love Pattaya basically for the convenience.  Easy to walk around.  Baht bus system is fantastic to hop on and off, no need to rent a motorbike.  Plenty of Thai and Farang food although a lot of the western food is falling by the wayside lately.  Massage prices and stuff like that are still among the lowest I have seen.  Easy bus rides up and back to Bangkok.  Plenty of hotel and lodging options.  It has gone downhill the last few years but still my favorite, with Karon beach and Ao Nang in the running for their scenery and relatively clean sea water.

21 hours ago, kenk24 said:

From CM you can fly to near anywhere in an hour... in Pattaya it is over an hour just to get to the airport... so, who is isolated? 

What and Chiangmai airport is inside the walls? 

So from there you can get a plane to Bangkok Airport... I can certainly drive there much faster than you can get there by plane. 

10 hours ago, gimo said:

Why did you stop reading ? It is centrally located .

Yes, Pattaya IS actually in the south. Chiang Mai - Bkk = 703km. Bkk to Patts = 150km. Patts to Hat Yai = 1070km.

OK, I stopped reading because I thought he was writing BS!

10 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

For eye candy, Bangkok is much better.  That is if you like real Thai women that are educated and have good jobs.  

If it is eye candy, for looking at, what would a degree matter and how could you tell?

I am not a big eye candy guy, but this does not make sense...