Agent fees & Immigration fees for getting Non-O Visa extension + Multiple Re-entry

Appreciate if any TV member can provide me the latest update on getting my 1-year extension for my Non-O Marriage Visa done at Chaeng Wattana:

1. Fees charged by Immigration for the 1-year extension

2. Fees charged by Immigration for the multiple re-entry permit

3. Fees charged by an agent/runner to get the extension + multiple-re-entry permit on our behalf (although we still need to be present)

Can any member who recently did the above by themselves at Chaeng Wattana please share your experience?

TQ in advance for any feedback/remarks.

• Like 1

I have a couple of fairly wealthy friends in BKK who use agents.

They never have to appear at immigration just give the agent their passports for the extension.

They both pay about 30 k for the service that takes one day.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have a couple of fairly wealthy friends in BKK who use agents.

They never have to appear at immigration just give the agent their passports for the extension.

They both pay about 30 k for the service that takes one day.

I would be happy to know who to contact about this.  I emailed a few asking about assistance, and none replied.  I'd rather not go on a fishing expedition around town agent-hunting.  My wife's Thai-friend and her foreign husband (Japanese - not 3rd World) were separated and interrogated.  I am not going to put my wife through that.

I meet all the requirements - no skirting any rules. 

But, I would prefer going to the office w/ the agent for the required photo, provided the agent does all the talking / dealing.  I am curious how that agent gets around the photo and 30-day approval period - seems the stamps/dates would not look right to another IO in the future.

17,000 I think. My passport going back on Thursday after my one month "under consideration" period to get the one year. 

I still had to appear in person but no queuing. Except to the thermal face scan!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fishtank said:

The extension fee is 1,900 Baht.

The Multi Re Entry permit costs 3,800 Baht.

No need for an agent. Easy enough to do yourself.

completely agree, CW is well organised, the IOs are helpful and efficient, some are even friendly - i was missing one photocopy and the IO did it for me ???? 

Near/close by to SamSenSong:

Myself no need for agents etc. That they will not respond to @mail : rather I would say pretty naive to think they would. In short: THEY do all the legwork for you, this may even incl. showing the 8k in the bank and of course the 3 times you need to do the90-day adress. Have heard of fees in the 13/15k range for all that for a whole yr. Seems to vary with how trustful your country is thought of as to be.  In fact I assume they are not really willing to go with you-they bundle ev. week a dozen or so passpts. (hopefully more in their mindset) and have ´special arrangements´ to have tha processed. Yes, a certain, fairly high, level of mutual trust also comes with that and you seem to miss that. Thus recommendations also go via the beerswilling mates-groups of peers.

What YOU have to do is visit them 4tms/yr and give off your passpt and collect it processed a week later.

It goes without saying that TV and most of the regular responders here frown on this or consider it as not quite so legal. Which as such it is. But as such it fills in a space that many hookedongirls but not overly smart farang seem to fear or think of themselves as being unabletodo. I´ve also spoken to some who had not the faintest of idea on how to reach CW/govmt.centre. Personally I think those really married to Thai wives had rather avoid it at all.

If you think you really need an ´agent´ then hire an interpreter for half/full day.

For those who do not care about 10,000 to 15,000 baht (or so) fee, using an agent has advantages. You only need a single visit to immigration (for a marriage extension) with priority queuing which avoids long waits. The agent ensures your paperwork is in order. You need to give the agent your passport and other information the day before the visit to Immigration. You should get the passport back the day of the application or the day after. You must give the agent your passport again for 24-48 hours at the end of the under consideration period.

I cannot give a good recommendation for a good current agent in Bangkok. Hopefully, someone else can give you that information.

Edited by BritTim