Punnawithi neighborhood

Kalorymetr

Hi,

I am considering renting a condo near the Punnawithi bts station, mostly due to my workplace being close.

Anyone have experience living here and can compare to nearby neighborhoods? I can accept max commute time 30 min, but ofcourse less = better.

Any major drawbacks to living here?

Thanks for all the replies. If I take up my Bkk job in a couple of months then I'll be looking in the same area.

I used to live in Ekkamai which was good if you can find something around there. The Gateway Mall is full of great places to eat. If not then Phra Khanong and On Nut are alright. My friend used to get fish BBQ'd in the On Nut Tesco Lotus.

These would be good locations if you want to do a reverse commute.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 2:28 AM, Airalee said:

Nothing there.  My GF lived near there and recommends Udomsuk or Bangchak on either side.

Udomsuk is a Thai area there ok market is ok. But no English. Not farang friendly. I lived there but l speak some Thai

• 2 weeks later...

Dont understand why many said Udomsuk is better than Punnawithi. I like Punnawithi much more. It's cozy, more quiet, but still have many good restaurants, cafes and bars. Good combination of local and international lifestyle

• 3 weeks later...

People saying Punnawithi is boring must be looking for bars, etc. I think Punnawithi is pretty swell. Been living here since before the 101 True Digital Park was even built, now THAT era was boring indeed. But that mall is quite convenient for Tops and food court as well as restaurants and some other this-or-that accessories, and I like their pet-friendly and green concept. Aside from that, there are some pretty cool restaurants inside the sois. Heard there's a pool/billiard/snookers bar in soi 101, a game cafe in 101/1 (which has way more games than Ninive and cheaper food), and a pretty new German restaurant in soi 64. It's a growing neighborhood. I prefer here than On Nut. On Nut is way too crowded, and during rush hours, don't expect to be able to get into the BTS on the first train. At Punnawithi, there's still standing place. It's just less crowded. More and more farangs here now, good dental clinics as well.