GF refused uk visitor visa

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

She needs to keep in mind that whilst you assisted her with the application, it's her application, she's the one who needed to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that all the details in her application where accurate, had she produced false evidence she could have been banned from re-applying for up to ten years, seems she was just lucky with a refusal.

You say that you received an email regarding her application, I'm assuming that was from her, the UKVI don't advise the applicant the outcome by email, and they certainly wouldn't discuss the details of her application with you.  

Yes, all details of applicants and applications are stored on a database, as are details of sponsors.

Yes, your girlfriend can reapply but she needs to address the reasons for the refusal, including the reason why she failed to declare her previous refusal.

When I filled out the application on her behalf it asks what email address do you want to supply. So I put my email address rather than hers. 

The email came from "Sheffield visa selection".

Screenshot_20200304_044918.jpg

What an unnecessary situation she has landed in. I think you should reapply and put a note in the new application outlining the circumstances in which the misdeclaration happened (you did not know her at that time and as the incident happened almost 13 years ago, it just slipped her mind and it was genuinely not her intention to hide the past refusal). Goodluck, i think she will get the visa.

• Like 1

As stated by 'theoldgit' it's her application. The fact that someone else filled it in has little bearing on it.

She will have to explain why the question was not answered correctly.

An 'oversight' by yourself will not carry much weight, I would have thought.

1 minute ago, saakura said:

What an unnecessary situation she has landed in. I think you should reapply and put a note in the new application outlining the circumstances in which the misdeclaration happened (you did not know her at that time and as the incident happened almost 13 years ago, it just slipped her mind and it was genuinely not her intention to hide the past refusal). Goodluck, i think she will get the visa.

Thank you, I have spoken to her properly this morning last night with the time difference she was half asleep.  In 2007 her auntie lived in Berwick and had a B&B with her English husband, which they have since sold and now live in Thailand and have since 2013.  Her Auntie filled out all the stuff for her that's why she forgot as her auntie did everything.  It's a genuine slip of the mind and I didn't even ask her when I was filling out the online application, maybe I should have but I was concetrating so hard on making sure my documents were correct.

8 minutes ago, Ginkas said:

As stated by 'theoldgit' it's her application. The fact that someone else filled it in has little bearing on it.

She will have to explain why the question was not answered correctly.

An 'oversight' by yourself will not carry much weight, I would have thought.

I know, I just wish I had asked her is she was sure, when I was filling out the application as she was on WhatsApp video call as I was filling out the application.  I'm hoping that because I filled out the application and stated that I filled it out won't look too bad and if I add a cover note and she explains that she genuinely forgot as it was 13 years ago. It's just a silly mistake and we genuinely weren't trying a fast one.

Edited by Scott228
Forgot to add a sentence

Scott, she would remember and should have known there are questions like this.  She sounds like a little kid. Her "auntie" filled out her first application and you the second. Why did she not complete the forms on her own. Something smells a bit fishy to me as well. 

Sorry but my opinion is a second application would have little to no chance of being granted.. She should also remember why she was refused the first time..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marin said:

Scott, she would remember and should have known there are questions like this.  She sounds like a little kid. Her "auntie" filled out her first application and you the second. Why did she not complete the forms on her own. Something smells a bit fishy to me as well. 

Sorry but my opinion is a second application would have little to no chance of being granted.. She should also remember why she was refused the first time..

Hi, she's saying that her Auntie applied first time as it was more her auntie's idea to get a visa and she thought it would be nice to come on holiday, back then I don't think she was to bothered about coming really so didn't really have much to do with it.  I filled out this application because she doesn't have internet in her house, just buys data for her phone or tablet. I thought with me doing it at home on my laptop would be better especially with spelling etc 

I'm partly to blame as well I suppose. It's just frustrating.

1 hour ago, Scott228 said:

When I filled out the application on her behalf it asks what email address do you want to supply. So I put my email address rather than hers. 

The email came from "Sheffield visa selection".

Screenshot_20200304_044918.jpg

This is really interesting and most likely represents a change since the move back to the UK.  But how did she get her passport back?

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This is really interesting and most likely represents a change since the move back to the UK.  But how did she get her passport back?

I paid extra for it to be returned to her home address by courier. It should probably arrive in the next few days

Applying for a UK visa is not something that you just "forget"

Why was that application refused ?

Could it be "auntie" wanted some domestic help in her business ?

Making a false representation is something that she cannot easily put right and I think her chances of doing so are very slim.

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This is not the first time I have seen a refusal notified by email.

That last one I saw was prior to the move to Sheffield.

I'm not sure how much the officers look at past applications. I know of an application that was built on lies. A couple that had never met, only spoken via Skype. On the application they said they had met three times in Thailand. They included photoshopped photos. The rejection cited lack of Thai stamps in expats passport, phone calls to applicant going un answered and also the expat lying on the phone about previous travel. All this done via an agent too.

A second application done 2 weeks later was successful.

Sorry mate, but in my opinion you 'could' have landed her AND yourself and any future relationship in the proverbial doo-dah if they keep strict records. 

If they assume she has deliberately lied, she will not get a future visa - no matter what you may say.

Plus, if they keep a record of you as a sponsor, you may find your next lady denied for being sponsored by someone previously lied on an immigration form.

My first Thai wife surprisingly said she had visited the UK on a work trip with the BTS rail network - possible. Surprising what you suddenly learn of someone's history when filling in these forms.

That said, you can still go live with her in Thailand

21 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Applying for a UK visa is not something that you just "forget"

Why was that application refused ?

Could it be "auntie" wanted some domestic help in her business ?

Making a false representation is something that she cannot easily put right and I think her chances of doing so are very slim.

I've asked my myself that question 100 times, how can you forget. I wish that she had told me, but there's nothing I can do about that now. 

All we can do is apply again, and tell the truth (even though I thought I was).

I don't want to start thai-bashing but I genuinely think that they think differently from farangs.

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry mate, but in my opinion you 'could' have landed her AND yourself and any future relationship in the proverbial doo-dah if they keep strict records. 

If they assume she has deliberately lied, she will not get a future visa - no matter what you may say.

Plus, if they keep a record of you as a sponsor, you may find your next lady denied for being sponsored by someone previously lied on an immigration form.

My first Thai wife surprisingly said she had visited the UK on a work trip with the BTS rail network - possible. Surprising what you suddenly learn of someone's history when filling in these forms.

That said, you can still go live with her in Thailand

Living in Thailand is the goal but not possible yet, 39 years old, self employed joiner still have a mortgage, not a great pension yet. I have considered selling up with the equity in my houseand running a wee coffee shop in Ta Phyra Sa Kaeo. But that's for the future unfortunately not now ( both parents not in great health, mother has MS)

I wasn't aware that they'd now started sending out decisions by email, so thanks for that.

I note you put your email address, was the address in your name or hers, if in your name I'm surprised it wasn't picked up, but it's probably an automated process. I suspect you haven't broken any laws, but it's simply wrong that you received the answer before she did, did she actually see the application form? 

Applicants are not only required to submit their current passport but also previous ones, her previous passport would have shown her earlier visa refusal. If she'd lost her previous passport she should have declared so.

14 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I wasn't aware that they'd now started sending out decisions by email, so thanks for that.

I note you put your email address, was the address in your name or hers, if in your name I'm surprised it wasn't picked up, but it's probably an automated process. I suspect you haven't broken any laws, but it's simply wrong that you received the answer before she did, did she actually see the application form? 

Applicants are not only required to submit their current passport but also previous ones, her previous passport would have shown her earlier visa refusal. If she'd lost her previous passport she should have declared so.

I put my email address which is [email protected] etc 

She didn't see the form as I had my phone propped up next to me on WhatsApp video call and I read out the question and filled out the answers. The only thing I'm clinging to as any hope is the question if who filled out the form, the options were

Myself (meaning her)

Agent

Other

I chose other then on drop down box put my name and relation to the applicant

2 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

I have seen this problem so many times.2,3,4 applications and refused every time,because cought in a lie on nr 1.Maybe a minor lie.but still a lie.

Never seen anyone getting past that,so the odds are very slim.

That's what's so frustrating, if she had told me I would have said so on the application and I'm sure everything else was correct and seeing that was 13 years ago we would have got a visa, now I don't know what to do.

Silly mare

2 minutes ago, Scott228 said:

That's what's so frustrating, if she had told me I would have said so on the application and I'm sure everything else was correct and seeing that was 13 years ago we would have got a visa, now I don't know what to do.

Silly mare

If my husband called me a silly mare I wouldn't be very pleased.
My boyfriend/husband has always completed my application forms for me because my written English wasn't too good, I know I am responsible for whats written so I always read the form properly, why didn't you email the form to her, why did you use your email address.
I have always enclosed my old passports with the application, showing my visas, I've never been refused a visa, but the people in VFS always ask me if I have enclosed all my old passports, I wonder why they didn't ask her.
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you didn't trust her to do the form am now are paying the price. 

14 minutes ago, Theicemaiden said:

If my husband called me a silly mare I wouldn't be very pleased.
My boyfriend/husband has always completed my application forms for me because my written English wasn't too good, I know I am responsible for whats written so I always read the form properly, why didn't you email the form to her, why did you use your email address.
I have always enclosed my old passports with the application, showing my visas, I've never been refused a visa, but the people in VFS always ask me if I have enclosed all my old passports, I wonder why they didn't ask her.
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you didn't trust her to do the form am now are paying the price. 

Hi, sorry calling her a silly mare wasn't meant to be rude. I don't know why I put my address down as it was only for the answer I didn't think it mattered that much, I used her email address for everything else.  I thought with me doing the form would be better, her English is very good speaking but spelling isn't. 

I know better now for next time, you learn from your mistakes

5 minutes ago, Scott228 said:

Hi, sorry calling her a silly mare wasn't meant to be rude. I don't know why I put my address down as it was only for the answer I didn't think it mattered that much, I used her email address for everything else.  I thought with me doing the form would be better, her English is very good speaking but spelling isn't. 

I know better now for next time, you learn from your mistakes

In the application I filled out for my wife very recently, I used my email address as the online form clearly specified that I could do so. I also gave my wife's email address as it was asked for further down the form.

On Monday, I got an email telling me that the application was now under consideration. My wife had been refused a visa to the US before I met her, and we included such information in the application form where it asks if you have ever been refused a visa. 

Hope you have better luck next time. But I believe you will need to be quite explicit now as to refused visas. You will also need to include the latest refusal.