LAZADA WARRANTIES

paddypower

looking at buying 2 new phones for myself and my wife. Lazada shows the same models (Huawei 30 Pro) with the same specs, for different prices. I read that one is sold by the Huawei flagship shop with a ''1 year warranty available'' and another is sold with the reference ' Patumwan' where the warranty is ''1 year local manufacturer's warranty'' . I know that Patumwan is a shopping district in Bangkok. But does anyone know what the difference is between these warranties and how reliable each is? thanks!

More often than not, items advertised on Lazada are either out of stock, shipped from overseas, or errors in the listing of the items while many vendors are put putting willy nilly information, with Lazada you never know what and when you're going to get and it's always best to go for pay COD and not wait long time for refund from them...

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

it's always best to go for pay COD and not wait long time for refund from them...

I agree but in this case I wonder if the driver can accept 60,000+ in a COD payment?

I would always buy items such as this from a local, physical store. Much easier to get any issues resolved that way. Refunds/returns from Lazada are a bit of a headache. 

• Like 1

What is the price difference?

I was in a similar situation with an MI phone about two years ago.

I bought it from the official shop and as far as I remember it cost less than 10% more than the cheapest shop.

For me that was a reason to buy it from that shop and have my peace of mind.

I agree with the practce of buying from a physical stsore. However, I am ot in the boon docks, and having travelling to the nearest city, the salesmen make so much <deleted> noise at you, you cant think clearly.  here is an example of why I posted originally:

sample of listings at Lazada:
product: Huawei P30 Pro* same  specs and colour (black)
example 1: sold by Huawei flagstore: 22,990 baht 1 year warranty available''
example 2: 21,490 baht sold by Jaymart  1 year local manufacturers warranty
example 3: 18,800 baht Sold a shop named  ''PT telecom'' 1 year local manufacturers warranty
insignificant savings between 1 and 2. so I agree, buy from the physical store

Has anyone ever bought from a store called PT telecom in Patum Wan? 
I think - too much/unknown risk; not worth 4,000 baht savings?

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Don't know about warranties, but many better phones same price range.

Screen damage very easy, they claim dual sim and expandable memory that not correct. Is 1 sim only if memory expanded..

did you have a damaged scree? nothing on all of the reputable review sites about this. The camera is rated the best low light, bar none. also, i need real zoom, not just digital, whihc prejudunces the quality of the shot.

so - any suggestions for an alternative phone, plse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you have the possibility to inspect the item before you pay?

And if yes: Can you actually test i.e. a notebook for 15 minutes before you pay?

I read on many online sales pages something like: return is only possible if the item is in the unopened sealed original box. That should be good enough for people who change their mind and never open the box. But if the receiver opens the box, maybe removes a sticker from a battery to insert it, etc. then that condition is not met anymore. I guess then the hassle starts to get money back or a replacement...

I bought a laptop once from a store on Lazada. Was advertised as having W10. I opened the box and tested the laptop for a while and it was clear the Windows 10 was a copy. I repacked it and sent it back to the store. Got my full refund back fairly quickly from Lazada.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, paddypower said:

I agree with the practce of buying from a physical stsore. However, I am ot in the boon docks, and having travelling to the nearest city, the salesmen make so much <deleted> noise at you, you cant think clearly.  here is an example of why I posted originally:

sample of listings at Lazada:
product: Huawei P30 Pro* same  specs and colour (black)
example 1: sold by Huawei flagstore: 22,990 baht 1 year warranty available''
example 2: 21,490 baht sold by Jaymart  1 year local manufacturers warranty
example 3: 18,800 baht Sold a shop named  ''PT telecom'' 1 year local manufacturers warranty
insignificant savings between 1 and 2. so I agree, buy from the physical store

Has anyone ever bought from a store called PT telecom in Patum Wan? 
I think - too much/unknown risk; not worth 4,000 baht savings?

I don't know the margins for mobile phones. But I would be very surprised if they are in the region of thousands of THB.

Some time ago I bought lots of computer parts in Pantip and I had a good relationship with several vendors.

At that time they had a margin of maybe 50 or 100THB on a hard disk which they sold for 5000THB. That's 1% or 2% of the retail price.

Even if the phone retailers have 5% margin on a 20,000THB mobile phone that is only 1,000B. Where should 4,000B margin = 20% realistically come from? That sounds like mission impossible to me. And if it sounds too good to be true then probably it is too good to be true.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

More often than not, items advertised on Lazada are either out of stock, shipped from overseas, or errors in the listing of the items while many vendors are put putting willy nilly information, with Lazada you never know what and when you're going to get and it's always best to go for pay COD and not wait long time for refund from them...

More often than not, items advertised on Lazada are not out of stock, if they're shipped from overseas the customer is advised of that before ordering and errors on the listing are the responsibility of the vendor, not Lazada.

"it's always best to go for pay COD and not wait long time for refund from them..."

Why?  You're saying that the delivery driver allows the item to be unpacked before paying for it?  Sure.

My advice /opinion is DONT buy anything on Lazada over 5k each.

I would never by expensive phones cameras etc unless I can physically see it touch it etc in a store.and has warranties and so on.

I buy regularly from Lazada and very rarely have issue but its always the small stuff and for convenience of not hunting for it locally and nothing more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you have the possibility to inspect the item before you pay?

And if yes: Can you actually test i.e. a notebook for 15 minutes before you pay?

You can't open the package before paying.

And even if you pay and then open the box while the guy is still there and find a stone instead of a laptop in the box, the delivery guy won't give you the money back.

So regarding safety there is no difference between a bank transfer and COD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

My advice /opinion is DONT buy anything on Lazada over 5k each.

I would never by expensive phones cameras etc unless I can physically see it touch it etc in a store.and has warranties and so on.

I buy regularly from Lazada and very rarely have issue but its always the small stuff and for convenience of not hunting for it locally and nothing more.

I have bought loads of stuff from Lazada over 5000, including many phones, laptops, hifi stuff, cameras and never had a single problem. Some big savings compared to what i would have paid in a physical store. Obviously best to avoid the Chinese stores and the too good to be true discounts.

Edited by Henryford

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about buying a camera? ???? 

I used to own cameras, going on 50 years - but with the phone i described, Huawei 30Pro, you get 10x acual zoom. Plus my current phone has a mind of its own, changing settings independently/ramdomly.  I'll keep loooking, tks. ????

• Like 1

I made the mistake trying to buy a Xiaomi phone from the cheapest listing on Lazada.  It turned into a long story I've posted before but the net result was I ended up out B4000 with no phone to show for it.

I have never had a problem buying from the Xiaomi importers online shop.  Warranty should be spelled out in the listing.  Usually imported "Grey Market" goods = no warranty.

Goods from legit local importers rely on manufacturers service centers.

Huawei does maintain a network of service centers in Thailand.

• Thanks 1