The unwanted race with a Diesel Pick up and the dead engine of the truck

The balance tube joining the two exhaust headers helps with mid RPM torque.

Good idea not to can it - if changing to a aftermarket exhaust most are made for looks and omit this.

Engine performance will suffer.

Same on V8's, V6's, 4's or twin cylinder bikes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

The balance tube joining the two exhaust headers helps with mid RPM torque.

Good idea not to can it - if changing to a aftermarket exhaust most are made for looks and omit this.

Engine performance will suffer.

Same on V8's, V6's, 4's or twin cylinder bikes.

Thanks, that's a good point. Mac exhausts are made to increase power a bit, of course is it possible that I have to rejet the carbs.

I'm currently with a 122.5 main jet in the rear cylinder and a 125 in the front. I've overhauled the carbs now twice, the first time I didn't see a tiny hole in one of the diaphragms. 

Now both are new, including fuel and air jets, boots, gaskets, etc. Carbs are well synchronised and spark plugs are superb.  

Usually, adjusting the pilot screw a bit richer does the trick. It's not really for the looks. Whenever you work at this bike, the fake 2 in 2 exhaust doesn't let you hear the rear and first cylinder as it should be. 

I've never heard of less power after installing an aftermarket exhaust. My point being, I want that people hear me without being obnoxiously loud. It's more a safety measure for me. 

But considering what I've already done to the bike, I should keep it original, as it's running well now. I'm now at a point where I should just enjoy riding without any work at it.

A long holiday is here soon and I'll have time to ride. Scary is that riding alone is the most dangerous part of my life.

At every U turn are these idiots who just pull out, no matter if you're doing 60, or 160 km/h.

Thanks for your post, I might have to rethink my plans and keep the lady as she is. 

13 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

ridiculous emission criteria, = Clean air ....

Looking at the capital city, it would be the first place to start.

CM is also not a great place to live because of the same problems.

Buses, Tuk Tuks and so many pick ups with black smoke leaving the exhaust. No wonder that people get sick in Bangkok and elsewhere.

How many people die of pollution, compared to the virus? There's no exact number and there won't be one. 

20 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

ridiculous emission criteria, = Clean air ....

Read an article years ago ...

The coal fired power plants in the USA produce more emissions in one week than all the vehicles in North America do in one year.

So this ridiculous emission criteria does nothing to address the major polluters, all it does is make more $$$ for those in power and the Hacks they pay to get elected.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Read an article years ago ...

The coal fired power plants in the USA produce more emissions in one week than all the vehicles in North America do in one year.

So this ridiculous emission criteria does nothing to address the major polluters, all it does is make more $$$ for those in power and the Hacks they pay to get elected.

If you need Greenpeace to reveal such a statement, then it's too late for anything. 

BANGKOK’S SERIOUS air pollution was partly generated from coal-fired power plants in the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Zone, Greenpeace has revealed.

Thailand using nuclear power plants scares the tchernobylised shi_e out of me. 

No idea what the man in the video plays, but he might not even know it. I've met him at the Somdet park in Sisaket.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30338354

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30338354

Polluted Bangkok.jpeg

Edited by Isaanbiker

On 3/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, Isaanbiker said:

It's usually the nozzles and the Diesel pump. My Diesel pump was overhauled twice now, and it's pretty pricey—around 7,000 baht. 

This guy had a turbo, I heard it screaming when I passed by.

I find it hard to believe that they build 2 liter engines with a turbo.

I prefer the 2,860 cc of my Mitsu pick up L200 that easily does 160 km/h. 

Over 300,000 km on the clock and still going strong.

But that's only because I service it properly. Oil change every 5 K. 

These people buy huge wheels that are way too big for the truck but can't even afford an oil change.

Then a loud exhaust which makes the truck twice as fast, of course with some Rally stickers.... Maybe not. Lol

Oil change? Many won't even bother replacing a blown bulb.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blue Muton said:

Oil change? Many won't even bother replacing a blown bulb.

Yep, something that's really annoying me when I see a bike without any light at night right in front of me.

Do these people not know that they are basically invisible?

Oops, such a rear bulb's around 10 baht. 10 baht that could save your life. ( And ours as well.) 

• Like 1

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

Yep, something that's really annoying me when I see a bike without any light at night right in front of me.

I find the ones with a red headlight coming up the road the wrong way in my lane to be more annoying.....

Iam guessing If I don't swerve to miss then and use them as a speedhump I will be in for a world of hurt no matter what proof my dash cam provides.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I find the ones with a red headlight coming up the road the wrong way in my lane to be more annoying.....

Iam guessing If I don't swerve to miss then and use them as a speedhump I will be in for a world of hurt no matter what proof my dash cam provides.

They are all annoying when you're on a bike doing 150 km/h. I've started to slow down at every U turn and that really kept me alive/

It's ridiculous how many of them just make a U turn not even looking for oncoming traffic. Idiots on two and four wheels all around.

They only seem to watch out when we ride in a group. It's not fun anymore riding a bike when you constantly have to fear of/for your life.

Edited by Isaanbiker