Thailand announces compulsory quarantine for arrivals from six places

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

"Thais and foreigners who came from these places will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them," health ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters.

So effectively the holiday is a self imposed one in your room... if they abide by it.

Report to authorities everyday,,, how, by phone or venture out to see them... surely not?

Thais self-quarantining themselves at home is going to be impossible to impose, they will mix with family members and go out for sure!

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

How about mosquitoes spreading the virus?

The virus is immediately killed by the Thai malaria/dengue mafia alliance....????.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Oh, I know why Germany isn't on the list. And it has nothing to do with numbers or deaths. 

Go on then, or is it your personal big secret?

Why only Germany? Why not France, Japan and Spain as well? With the USA coming up on the rails?

• Haha 1

North Korea has reported ZERO cases...

listen online detectives, quit reading "confirmed cases" and believing the narrative they want you to believe.....THINK.

add zeros..... zeros....  think of the country, THINK.   

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thais and foreigners who came from these places will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them," health ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters.

If the person needs to go to the police station or the police come to check,  is it not endangering the police and others? 

Warmest

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is a good first step, it should have been done a month ago but we have idiots running the country.

To be fair all European countries make all the same mistakes.

You still can come and go into/out most of Italy, Germany...

Italians still can travel to most countries in Europe. It seems to be very difficult (or don't want to?) to shut down all borders and travel in/out from a country even with a pandemic.

Example: Just last weekend a group of 900 dutch citizens decided to go on a ski holiday in northern Italy ? I mean really??

(I know other factors are in play like insurance, cancel your holiday, lose all that money.... but still.....common sense? )

They are coming back to Holland today. Just watch the numbers from Holland go up.....

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Self quarantine, what a bloody joke.

Woman in our village back from Korea last week, told to self quarantine, ha ha.

Family had a welcome home party on saturday, complete with a BIG boombox blasting away.

Many people there ( free booze and food ), so much for self quarantine.

As Thais would say "I will die one day, so why be concerned, if I die, I die, can not change that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

As Thais would say "I will die one day, so why be concerned, if I die, I die, can not change that

and I will take you with me. Especially in the south, the countryside people don't care about you, they only care about themselves. My wife tells me this almost everyday, "They don't care you".

Suppose nobody has thought about the impact of the ladies of the night.?

They may have contact with several people (tourists) every day. 

In many ways...

"Coughs and sneezes spread diseases" was the old saying. 

I think their line of business has more transmission risks than a cough or sneeze...

Ban the bar girls and sex trade workers.

• Sad 3

13 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

To be fair all European countries make all the same mistakes.

You still can come and go into/out most of Italy, Germany...

Italians still can travel to most countries in Europe. It seems to be very difficult (or don't want to?) to shut down all borders and travel in/out from a country even with a pandemic.

It's not a mistake.

It's done on purpose.

They are not in "containement" phase, because real containement goes against their open borders ideology (it's not even anymore an ideology, but a furious mental disease).

They are in "mitigation" phase.

Which you can translate by : "our healthcare system can cope... we will have casualties but it's okay, soon spring and warm temperature will come... the virus will die off... So we do nothing. We do not break the consensus".

In a word : hope. Or wishful thinking if you prefer... ????

If western governments were efficients and were having long term vision... we would know by now !

Like Thailand, there are just a bunch of parasits, inane bureaucrats and crazied ideologists.

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The move to disinfect parcels is along the same lines as disinfecting Pattaya, the creation of activity with no discernible positive effect.

the self quarantine measure MIGHT have been effective some weeks ago, who can tell, but again, will have little positive effect now because that phase of controlling the virus ended some time ago.

at this point, Thailand has few alternatives other than providing good medical care to those who suffer severe symptoms. I truly believe any other kind of co ordinated coherent plan is beyond the the government and even if they did have one, its implementation could only be hap hazard at best. So might as well miss out steps 2, 3, 4 and go straight to looking after the very sick.

but government hospitals? My experience of them over a 10 year period hasn’t been good and a lot of Thai’s can’t afford private hospitals.

11 minutes ago, johnarth said:

okay how is the general covering up all the Thais that have the virus, he has been smarter than other counties to hide the numbers, but like all his plans it will bite him on the bum in the end,

I believe there are other countries covering up true numbers as well, not just Thailand. For example, I don't believe Hong Kong - Macau for a second that there are only 105 infected cases. Just my opinion and believe Thailand only cared about money and loss of tourism. My wife tells me everyday that she never believes what the government says along with her friends.

Edited by bstafford214