Thailand announces compulsory quarantine for arrivals from six places

Jonathan Fairfield

Something else occurred to me, does anyone think these minimum wage hotel employees will hang around to supervise the quarantined whilst exposing themselves to a potential risk of infection?

Any hotel that takes in people on quarantine will have a lot of job vacancies within hours of them arriving.

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

Your funny, you got the wrong thread ,this is about Thailand

This thread is about a quarantine on people coming from OTHER nations and being allowed into the country. Pretty basic concept. Weighing the risk of allowing others to come in, based on the infection rates. Right?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, clearance said:

Not a problem to stay at home for 14 days, but what about the food? Even if we order it online, we need to go meet delivery guy.

Quite simple: ut the money a 2 mtr in front of you, the delivery guy puts there the food, takes the money, and you collect the foods. The virus has to be spread by body liquids, like sneezing. I haven't seen anyone who can sneeze 2 mtrs away.

And if you donot trust the 2 mtr... put it at 5 mtrs away.

On this way during Roman times, 2000 years ago, it already functioned with leproses

47 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Ok. So, today there was a news conference for clarification. And, this resulted in absolutely no clarity on the issue of travel restrictions/quarantines?

For the 3863763 times... they flipped, changed their mind. And lost their face.

NO MANDATORY (SELF) QUARANTINE.

Just a pathetic list of "risky countries", and hot air blabla.

Period.

Nothing else, like we predicted.

And meanwhile, snap, bad luck... a guy coming from London (february 29) was infected.

Again, it's a PR disaster for the thai authorities : they should close the borders, impose quarantine etc... But they are powerless, spineless.

So we will continue to import, litterally, tourists and... the virus.

Again and over again.

It's sanook !

Edited by christophe75

53 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

For the 3863763 times... they flipped, changed their mind. And lost their face.

But, they know their fellow Thai people will work to try to see it as their not losing face...case in point:

(Conversation between this writer and his Thai wife a few minutes ago:)

Me: Okay, so, it looks like I'll be fine with no mandatory quarantine when I come back from my trip from the U.S.

Her: You will have to stay in for two weeks.

Me: No. They are saying no mandatory quarantine. Anyway, I'm in transit in Tokyo and Japan is now not on the list.

Her: But, it was on the list. 

Me: So. There's no quarantine for the countries that are on the list unless you have symptoms.

Her: But, they do mean for you to do that. 

Me (facepalming). ...

20 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thais and foreigners who came from these places will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them," health ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters.

You couldn't make it up!

• Haha 1