Thailand announces compulsory quarantine for arrivals from six places

Jonathan Fairfield

Italian tourists must be flocking in after this. A lovely thing for Thais, just put them in a sardine can for 14days right after arriving at swampy, charge them through the nose for tests and after 14 days if they have any money left, leave them at the mercy of Thai tourism industry. Almost as good as them sending the money without ever coming in.

Edited by DrTuner

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them,"

???????????? Who writes this stuff??

If they have to report to Authorities they would be out of Quarantine so.....Of Course the officials will have to check on them...Good Luck with that

• Haha 2

I was planning on flying from BKK to the U.S. via Japan transit in a few days with a return via same transit on 3/21. For some reason, I had developed foolish hope that the Thai government would come up with something like a coherent policy in re incoming travelers so I could decide whether I needed to cancel my trip or not. Not sure why I did that. The events of the last couple of days show that it will remain a <deleted>show past the time when I need to decide. 

If I do return and have to do "self-quarantine" does anyone yet know how to do that AND report to health officials every day?

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

If it doesn't peter out like the sars mutation, it'll eventually be as commonplace as seasonal influenza (which we all know kills huge amounts) and be a 'benign' part of normal life.

Apart from COVID-19 is at least 34 times more fatal than the flu, and more contagious with a higher R0

44 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I was planning on flying from BKK to the U.S. via Japan transit in a few days with a return via same transit on 3/21. For some reason, I had developed foolish hope that the Thai government would come up with something like a coherent policy in re incoming travelers so I could decide whether I needed to cancel my trip or not. Not sure why I did that. The events of the last couple of days show that it will remain a <deleted>show past the time when I need to decide. 

If I do return and have to do "self-quarantine" does anyone yet know how to do that AND report to health officials every day?

Maybe by telephone or internet.

• Like 1

All of this uptick in crisis management, self-quarantine, fake screening at airports is all a sham to look like they are trying so they keep comply to their 2-3 billion dollars in aid from the IMF 50 billion dollar aid package to countries fighting the virus especially emerging market countries,

Singapore tried early on to contain it, virus leveling off, Hong Kong people trying to contain it with large self-awareness virus maybe leveling of, here fat chance, people still sharing food, hygiene is an alien word, shops less busy but still large pockets of dense population, people still working closely in offices and factories, they are not even caring about testing, everything is a lie, really feel

sorry for those who are trying to be self aware, it’s an world economic and health disaster

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

So people flying Cathay Pacific and Korea air regardless of orgin and in transit will have to quarantine at home...

this affects daily returning flights into CM and many ex pats...

It’s insane. I have a 2 hour transit in Hong Kong in way to BKK Monday. Who the hell brings everybody home lol??

it basically means that unless travel is absolutely necessary, people from these size countries should not travel to thailand. tourism travel should fall to zero from these sources which is going to be a big hit for thailand as the chinese account for a huge volume of the tourist arrivals.

• Like 1

Just now, crazykopite said:

I do worry about the very low figures released by Thailand for this virus . In the U.K. we have now over 100 cases as well as the first reported death yet in the Kingdom the figure has been less than 50 for weeks and yet millions of Chinese visit the country.

If you don't go looking you won't find anything. It's the Bill Clinton gays-in-the-military strategy - "Don't ask, don't tell"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

I do worry about the very low figures released by Thailand for this virus . In the U.K. we have now over 100 cases as well as the first reported death yet in the Kingdom the figure has been less than 50 for weeks and yet millions of Chinese visit the country.

hope the figures presented are correct. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Would it not be easier just to ban entry ? People coming for a holiday highly unlikely to lock themselves in the room for 14 days. 

it does amount to that unless very necessary travel is involved e.g. for business.

53 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You mean you didn't phone the police to save your village from infection?

it is her own foolishness if she does not care about her and her family welfare. self quarantine is well intentioned precaution.

In advice to the public posted on its website, the WHO said: "People receiving packages from China are not at risk of contracting the new coronavirus. From previous analysis, we know coronaviruses do not survive long on objects, such as letters or packages."

WHO is part of the UN - when the UN goes in the truth rarely come out. About as trustworthy as a politician.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1