Thailand announces compulsory quarantine for arrivals from six places

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, clearance said:

Not a problem to stay at home for 14 days, but what about the food? Even if we order it online, we need to go meet delivery guy.

wear a mask when you receive your deliveries over and above the usual practice of washing hands and not shaking hands.

10 hours ago, clearance said:

Not a problem to stay at home for 14 days, but what about the food? Even if we order it online, we need to go meet delivery guy.

Obviously delivery guys are immune from the virus...or don't really matter anyway! ????

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

What about all the Chinese and Korean tourists already here, pottering around Bangkok? 

The Chinese Government is telling its citizens everything is under control and they believe it’s ok to venture out. 

The whole handling of this episode has been a shambles. There should have been an immediate block on any arrivals from risk counties.

So travelling through Hong Kong you must self quarantine?

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Italian tourists must be flocking in after this. A lovely thing for Thais, just put them in a sardine can for 14days right after arriving at swampy, charge them through the nose for tests and after 14 days if they have any money left, leave them at the mercy of Thai tourism industry. Almost as good as them sending the money without ever coming in.

“Almost as good as them sending the money without ever coming in.”

Hasn’t thats always been the goal of the Thai tourism end game!

• Haha 1

Great!  Now I know the post office is disinfecting all incoming mail I will sleep easier at night...but I will still keep leaving my packages in the sun and after a few hours open them and leave the contents in the sun...just in case somchai misses a few.

24 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Confused. I thought just yesterday there was announcement saying the opposite, no quarantine necessary and now quarantine is required....

It's like watching a Christmas pantomime

" There is a quarantine"

"Oh no there isn't"

"yes there is"

and so on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

*With the apparent caveat that, the quarantines they're talking about here are SELF quarantines. So in the case of foreign tourists who presumably want to visit Thailand for tourism purposes, you kind of wonder if they're really going to spend two weeks sitting in their hotel rooms?

On top of that, do they expect Thais to "self" quarantine, for 14 days, it will never happen. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

What happened to Germany? I guess it’s just one of those things that make you go hmm. 

Take a look at the numbers and you will probably answer your own question.

The top four of the list, China, S Korea, Italy and Iran, have thousands of cases and have many deaths.

Germany has reported 545 cases and no deaths.

By contrast, Hong Kong reports 105 cases and 2 deaths while Macao has reported 10 cases and no deaths.

11 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

What about all the Chinese and Korean tourists already here, pottering around Bangkok? 

The Chinese Government is telling its citizens everything is under control and they believe it’s ok to venture out. 

The whole handling of this episode has been a shambles. There should have been an immediate block on any arrivals from risk counties.

At first there was only one risky country! Thailand is 23rd on the list of infected countries, with just 47 reported cases and 1 death. This is in spite Thailand's proximity to China and its many Chinese visitors.

I think you should say, rather, that Thailand's plans for the future should be more certain now ... as is the case with all countries. The leader of the free world thinks this is all fake news: at least Thai politicians recognise it is a problem and have been working on it.

• Sad 1