Pattaya now without the Chinese

hazelandhoward

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

My experience with the local people is that they mostly live hand to mouth. Any cash seems it must be spent. 

They do yes, I'm talking about business owners who were struggling anyway plus people working back home who are loosing their jobs

• Like 1

The tourists can stay away. I feel nothing for the crying thais. They killed my business in 2011.

I had a staff of 217. Let them grovel, maybe they, the thai folk, can get a government to care for the normal people, or tough TATs...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

All of the huge, double decker busses are gone!!  They used to clog up the road from south Pattaya to Jomtien.  It used to be a line of busses parked on THapprya Rd. all the way to Jomtien.  Empty now.

Its like we have suddenly been wisked back to pre-Chinese days.

• Like 1

A local Temple near us  used to have at least 10/15 tour buses parked every day and hordes of Chinese tourists ,have not seen a bus for weeks ,no Chinese ,all the local stalls have gone.

feel sorry for the stallholders , but apart from that great ,no buses everywhere.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:58 AM, sharecropper said:

This was Dongtan Beach last night at 7pm. Normally it would be busy, especially with Russians and Thais. The nearby 7 11s had no Chinese, a local new Chinese restaurant that opened near the beach late last year has now closed. It's like low season has come early.

40765.jpg

40766.jpg

I go for a walk most evenings on the road along Dongtan beach at 7pm, there is never anyone on the beach. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, Inepto Cracy said:

The tourists can stay away. I feel nothing for the crying thais. They killed my business in 2011.

I had a staff of 217. Let them grovel, maybe they, the thai folk, can get a government to care for the normal people, or tough TATs...

Wow! What happened? That sounds pretty serious.

The influx of Chinese sent you to the wall?

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1