Thai police in virus announcement: Liars, people who refuse treatment or don't quarantine face 20,000 baht fine

webfact

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Can't refuse treatment? This is the same as China, where people became afraid of going to the hospitals, because they were a plague zone and it was a death sentence.

and where do you think they people in china are being treated, if not in hospitals?

1 hour ago, christophe75 said:

How it will work ? Who will control the "self quarantine" ? A police officer behind each "quarantined" ? Webcams ? Dogs ? Can we shoot on sight if a quarantined is going outside ?

So many questions... ????

The report does not mention "self" quarantine.

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

The mind BOGles - Would you be charged on quantity, quality, aroma, or just time spent taking a dump?

I'd go for quantity.

Pipes here are thin to say the least so would be the easiest thing to issue a fine for! 

• Haha 1

Why should the RTP have any powers to stop caring people like the (possibly infected) girl going out on the town and spreading the love. Old people don't deserve to be protected from stupid, selfish people returning from infected areas. There is a massive effort to contain this virus so what is the point of forcing those most at risk of having it to stay at home? The RTP don't do much about dogs fouling the streets so why are they wasting time on something that could kill millions world wide? The flu pandemic of 1919 only killed between 17 and 100 million people, there was still plenty left. Old people are a minority who cares about them - if I was returning from Korea the RTP should not be able to stop me partying hard at songkran. 

• Haha 1

20,000 is not enough frankly. Make it 200,000 Baht and the Thais might actually take it seriously or add jail time on top.

Thais with their live for today mentality will laugh at 20k simple as

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sahibji said:

isolate such people immediately in the interest of humanity. covid-19 is serious.

I know. You have to tell the government here, not me.

Covid tests should be free for everyone with symtoms. It's not about single people who might  die, it's to protect everyone around them. Charging for that stuff in a country where most people are broke will cost many many lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I know. You have to tell the government here, not me.

Covid tests should be free for everyone with symtoms. It's not about single people who might  die, it's to protect everyone around them. Charging for that stuff in a country where most people are broke will cost many many lives.

It's a shame covid 19 test is not free for everyone!

• Like 1

Lmao. Just an announcement and opportunity to make money.

Anyway won't be enforced by the RTP like wearing seatbelts, helmets or controlling speed limits.

Mostly hi so Thais traveling abroad, do you think they care about this?

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Knew it wouldn't take long for the powers that be to turn this into some sort of a scam..

is there anything that these people don't monetize? 

they will be charging me to take a dump on my own bog next! 

Corruption everywhere, see many here. Simply beats me how Falangs, from a Western culture that just 12 years ago damned near put the entire world into financial failure, can complain about a cop with his hand out.

Face it, when it comes to major greed, Thais are amateurs.

1 minute ago, johnhw said:

Face it, when it comes to major greed, Thais are amateurs.

But they are the masters of petty greed and short term gains.

They should be professors in the art of shakedowns.

people who refuse treatment or don't quarantine face 20,000 baht fine

Well, if they get caught. As we've seen with the Thai prostitute returning from SKorea and hitting Chiang Mai nightspots hard, laws are one thing, enforcement quite another. 

By all accounts that woman has deleted her accounts, gone into hiding and is beyond the reach of law enforcement. 

Even if they wanted to impose a 20000 Baht fine they wouldn't be able to.  Noone can find her. 

Edited by Logosone

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Even if they wanted to impose a 20000 Baht fine they wouldn't be able to.  Noone can find her. 

Self quarantine has been encouraged - job done. 

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

And what if they cannot pay the fine throw them in prison which is already riddled with other diseases “ Amazing Thailand “

You love Thailand?  Keep required baht in Thai bank?  Don't mind paying more for visiting parks and hospital care? 

Thailand loves you!  

23 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

«Not accepting treatment»? Have the thai invented a treatment for the Covid19? Wow - thats something. Hope all persons that are infected get that treatment....

They meant "accept 200,000 baht bill for hospitalization at Thai isolation centers."

Edited by zydeco

Thai virus or Thai visa?

Someone on an independent radio show in US, said, 'You folks in the 4th estate, should know that ratings are driven by hysteria' Yes says the host,

12 people have died in US..16,000 died from seasonal flu this year!

(Not news) 12,000 murders, 30,000 die from Auto accidents..

That's not news!

The figures in China are skewed from so many smokers, so Americans will do much better? No, so much obesity in US, underlying health issues such as diabetes, heart problems etc.

The original Chinese doctor who died, must have had some problem?

Way less serious than da flu, but I'd hate to be on that cruise ship off of San Francisco, with a few mild cases of covid 19!

https://www.sciencealert.com/what-really-works-to-keep-the-coronavirus-away

Aloha

And who's fault is this ?   "The news comes after stories of illegal workers returning from South Korea who have just resumed a normal life in Thailand".  Biometric passports and travel details of every swinging member in the world and some get through Thai immigration...... What's wrong, sick of harassing decent people are we ??   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1