Flip flop: Health Ministry now says no compulsory quarantine for visitors to Thailand

snoop1130

I am off to OZ via Singapore transit and back in a month - attitude at presnt id <deleted> it whatever will be will be .

I cant imagine the total confusion this is putting on tourists and returnees to Thailand - utter <deleted>

30 minutes ago, krobert6 said:

I am off to OZ via Singapore transit and back in a month - attitude at presnt id <deleted> it whatever will be will be .

I cant imagine the total confusion this is putting on tourists and returnees to Thailand - utter <deleted>

beware when you take the flight; there might be change by the time you arrive in thailand.

These clowns ( no insult to actual clowns intended)... If this goes viral around the world, don't these people in charge have any embarrassment that all this does is make the rest of the world laugh at this Micky mouse set up of a government... just unbelievable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Health Ministry on Friday said there will be no compulsory quarantine for people visiting Thailand from countries worst affected by the coronavirus outbreak

One word ... UNBELIEVABLE

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Health Ministry on Friday said there will be no compulsory quarantine for people visiting Thailand from countries worst affected by the coronavirus outbreak

In control my ar**e... every day a new knee jerk!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Imagine the flood of refunds TG would have to process if this were the case - no end date too

From what I know the airlines are not giving refunds my friends cancelled their trip to Japan and dint get a refund, only if there is a travel ban to that country will they consider a refund

I'm surprised the penny hasn't dropped on the fact that there's heaps of empty hotels that could be filled up by all these lovely captive customers, and let's just say we charge them the same as airport immigration holding cells, let's say 750 bht a night and two rice meals a day........  Bingo !    Who needs Russians .......I'm surprised those sticky little fingers at the top missed this one....... Tourism down ?  No way Jose, all hotels packed and the bonus is we don't even have to see them......... 

I give up. I am planning to return to SE Asia and to visit Thailand at some stage.. how can you make plans when you never know what the rules will be tomorrow.. I am in New Zealand, but have to change planes in Singapore - and given the flip flop over Singaporeans first having to isolate then not. But I am not a Singaporean, just in transit I can imagine it will be total pot luck how I would be treated on arrival in Thailand. If any of this is to improve tourism, I can assure you it is having the opposite effect... and I can't see the Thai clowns getting their act together through the whole of this year at least... must be nearly time for another Military coup..

• Like 1

Just saw this little tidbit on the news from Korea that the Thai government has asked South Korea to quarantine Thai workers for 14 days before their return to Thailand.  

Really, so this is how they were able to flip flip.

So the Chinese and Koreans are coming on holiday for maybe a week and they want then to self isolate in their hotels for the total duration?

A question to the Health ministry and that is , Why do they think under these conditions that people would come at all?

The mind boggles at the scale of stupidity sometimes.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw this little tidbit on the news from Korea that the Thai government has asked South Korea to quarantine Thai workers for 14 days before their return to Thailand.  

Really, so this is how they were able to flip flip.

Yeah it's called dodging the bill.........Quarantine probably illegal "workers" at Koreas expense.......... Truly a Thai idea.......  My fault, but you pay......... 5,000 "Illegal" Prostitutes ........ Who's paying for that one then ? 

Flip flop, me no pay bill........ If they're illegal, kick em all back to Thailand, let them pay, if not illegal then ok, Korea pays.......... Simple as that........  There must be nothing left in the medical system after that old Farang ran off with the crutches !........  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1