UK indefinite leave to remain

A IDR is in a thai passport and the lady wants this to be in her new thai passport that she will apply for soon as her existing passport has approx 1 year remaining or she is happy to have it transferred in to her existing thai passport.

How doe she go about having the IDR transferred?

if she has IDR  then when she gets the new one she sends it and the old one to customs and they stamp the new one.  daughter been doing it for 23 yrs..  no hassle at all as IDR doesnt need re qualifiaction

8 minutes ago, TommyDee said:

if she has IDR  then when she gets the new one she sends it and the old one to customs and they stamp the new one.  daughter been doing it for 23 yrs..  no hassle at all as IDR doesnt need re qualifiaction

When did "customs" begin stamping passports?  

You can't get the ILR sticker transferred to the new passport. The old one has to been shown along with the new one.

Last time we travelled back to the UK wifey was asked for all of her old passports, she has had 3 new ones since her ILR was granted.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Tigger01 said:

My wife has ILR which is a card similar to a credit card which is used in conjunction with her Thai passport, have I missed something? 

You have not missed anything its just the one my friend has is inside her passport,its different and needs transferred .

On 3/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Tigger01 said:

My wife has ILR which is a card similar to a credit card which is used in conjunction with her Thai passport, have I missed something? 

Is this the biometric one?If so how is it obtained?