COVID-19: Half a million people visited Thailand from severely affected countries

rooster59

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Wow, amazing.

I guess this is why immigration are so paranoid - they think we're all doing the same as they (Thais) do all around the world.

Half a million people in 29 days. Thats incredible. So lets say 300 people in a plane. Thats about 60 planes a day ????????. What a load of <deleted>. I arrived on the 22nd and Suvarnabhumi was empty more or less, same when I left on the 1st

• Haha 1

Transparency is a word that is not excisting for goverment announcements .  It's more the disinformation and the many lies from all of those who are responsible. So i can't imagine anybody trust on the goverment and as foreigners get much better and more informatio s we just can laugh on what is going on. But all the s..t will fall on the feet of this "goverment"!

6 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Think about it for a minute - where are the highest levels of infection? In countries where it has been cold for the past couple of months. For instance, China, Washington State, Iran, South Korea etc.

Malaysia is starting now. 32 degrees in Kuala Lumpur. I doubt the 0.1seconds it takes for spittle to fly from somebody sneezing to your respitory system much cares about a few degrees here or there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Malaysia is starting now. 32 degrees in Kuala Lumpur. I doubt the 0.1seconds it takes for spittle to fly from somebody sneezing to your respitory system much cares about a few degrees here or there.

Agreed, but when was the last time you noticed a street vendor wearing gloves, or washing their hands.

I don't think warm weather will alter or prevent the infected coins/bills/hands.  This isn't a bashing, but we all know the common routine of wiping/picking mouth, nose and face here.  

"People watch" customers and vendors for 5 minutes near street food vendors or a mall food court.  You'll laugh, then want to cry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

It is all to do with temperature, putting it simply, Thailand is too hot ( over 27 Cel ) for the virus to thrive

Do you think when an infected person with 390C fever sneezes a droplet into your 370C nose or eyes the 270C air will kill it?

• Thanks 1

Quote:-

"Japan 140,000"

Across the border here in Siem Reap, we have the first locally COVID-19 positive Khmer person who was in contact with a Japanese tourist. He, and 43 other local persons who were in direct or indirect contact with this Japanese tourist are all in quarantine for 14 days. Yesterday (Saturday) PM Hun Sen ordered the closure of ALL schools in Siem Reap for 14 days.

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its not the flying spit, its the surfaces the spit lands on.

The outbreaks seem to have happened in closed spaces, with a short distance between the infected and the source. Nobody knows for sure, but the indications seem to be the transmission is most effective in close contact. That sort of implies direct aerosolized transmission, not so much from mouth to surface to hands to nose/mouth/eyes.

The most dangerous place in the world? A seafood buffet in Wuhan. More spit than oxygen in the air.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1