High Flight prices

UbonThani

Just looked at booking a round trip flight to the US at the end of the year, and what normally would have been a 55,000 to 65,000 baht ticket is now over 100,000 baht.  Now I am not sure the holidays are a factor as I have done this trip many years in a row, going back prior to Thanksgiving and returning after new years.

• Confused 1

I've received a couple of ads from Air Asia for domestic flights within Thailand - all with biggish discounts.

But I'm not planning to fly anywhere till June ... maybe no flights at all by then.

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Strategy to stop or slow movement of people.

People staying put to ride out the viral storm.

Agree, and in other words, discounting not likely to get more bums in seats, they just don't want to travel.

• Like 1

Is it possible that some people really believe that only travel offices can get you a cheap flight?

Checking Air Asia isn't expensive at all. Flights from 592 baht to 1, 072 are available. Please see screenshot:

I've "booked" just for the sake of checking and could have taken a return ticket for 1, 180 baht, tax included. 

https://www.airasia.com/select/en/gb/UBP/DMK/2020-03-21/2020-03-29/1/0/0/R/N/THB/ST

Screenshot (626).png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Came out Friday with Eva Air, normally full. This time less than half. Return cancelled until following day so they are taking action by cutting flights not reducing fares. 

my flight for may with Eva bkk/lhr has been cancelled, can change to day before or after

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

my flight for may with Eva bkk/lhr has been cancelled, can change to day before or after

Same route as me this month but basically told me I was on the day after as the Monday was cancelled. Fortunately it didn’t inconvenience too much. 

• Thanks 1

I believe airasiax are doing flights for us$115 to places like japan, oz, korea etc. 

Now im not sure on this, perhaps someone with more interest can check. But was told that price was for unlimited travel for a year.

Im not flying anywhere so dont want to go researching this.

But here is the link to the discounts.

If its as good as it sounds i will accept a beer as commission. ????

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhorton1/2020/03/01/118-for-unlimited-airline-flights-in-asia-for-a-year-airasia-xs-offer-may-not-be-so-crazy-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

Edited by Sujo

30 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

If you booked a flight and it was cancelled by the airline due to the Covid-19 Country restrictions, how likely would they give a full refund? Anyone know?

Malindo air are giving full refunds. No idea on others.

• Like 1

Look again another day.

Recently I looked up some international flights. When I first checked I was surprised about the low prices.

Then I checked again a few days later and the same flights (with a slightly different date) were a LOT more expensive.

And then a day or two later they were somewhere in the middle of the first two.

I don't know how typical that is but it happens so better check again.