Covid-19: Major Thai bank stops exchanging foreign money

webfact

11 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Brilliant! Bravo guys. To add to their complaining about tourism being down they are now moving to not exchange foreign currency, that ought to bring the tourists flocking in! ????

Brilliant!  Bravo, Skorp13!"

...they are now moving to not exchange foreign currency..."

Who is the "they" that you are referring to?  One bank, that's all, has decided to temporarily stop currency exchange. 

34 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This virus would have been defeated in weeks if China, and only China, had told the truth and not tried to cover it up as that's where it originated and also where the doctor who first warned about it was arrested for that warning and subsequently died.

I must say, I agree with you JW!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, meechai said:
On 3/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, webfact said:

The surprise move from Kasikorn or K-Bank

If I were a customer I would surely close my account.

Because if their Executive committee is this ignorant I would not want them handling my banking

That'd really be telling 'em!

5 hours ago, meechai said:
6 hours ago, saengd said:

That would teach them a lesson they wouldn't forget in a hurry! :coffee1:

Whoosh....right over your head

Nothing to do with teaching them a lesson

Whoosh?  What was it about, then? 

Is there some other way that you, as one individual foreign customer, could do anything that Kasikorn would lose any sleep over or any other interpretation that could have been made about your account closing comment?

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

It doesn't matter what the Thaivisa headline says, if Kasikorn not exchanging currency at their booths then they are not handing out Thai baht there either, by definition; that's the reason most people exchange their currency, so that they can be handed Thai baht!

That's ....Just Weird.

It's also accurate.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, darksidedog said:

Do they know something the government doesn't know, or isn't telling us? Seems a little heavy handed given the allegedly very low numbers confirmed in Thailand.

The numbers in Thailand, but also in many other countries, are literally manipulated to less economic damages and, maybe, don't create panic. 

I don't believe in the fairy tales Sunlight & Temperature.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

You should realise that what you claim is not the case and that you do not represent the opinions of "everyone here".

Your usual negativity only represents you. Get out and talk to people and you might see things differently

"Your usual negativity only represents you".

And you don't think that comment could be applied to you?! 

What some may see as "my negativity" (to quote you) is accurate observation! 

I'd love to hear where it is, specifically, that you hear all the comments from "everyone" confirming that the official figures are doctored!

Edited by Just Weird

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I'd love to hear where it is, specifically, that you hear all the comments from "everyone" confirming that the official figures are doctored!

You're making things up, minds playing tricks on you, I can't recall anyone saying figures are doctored. I'm waiting to see figures. As of yesterday UK has had 25,000 tests, how many for Thailand? people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done. What's the procedure for testing? I could tell you the UK procedure

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're making things up, minds playing tricks on you, I can't recall anyone saying figures are doctored. I'm waiting to see figures. As of yesterday UK has had 25,000 tests, how many for Thailand? people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done. What's the procedure for testing? I could tell you the UK procedure

"You're making things up, minds playing tricks on you, I can't recall anyone saying figures are doctored".

No, I'm not, I'm quoting you!  You posted...

"you realise everyone here plus other countries are skeptical at the number of victims in Thailand?".  What does that mean if it is not a suggestion that the numbers are doctored?

"people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done".

Really, which people?  Where has that been stated with any credibility?  You surely can't mean your imaginary "everyone here" that you referred to previously?   Perhaps you mean all those people that you see when you "get out" so much more than you think that I do!

11 minutes ago, wobalt said:

My friend just come back from europe after 3 months work.

nobody change euros. So she cannot pay there bills. Haa What idiots

"nobody change euros".

Nonsense (unless she was trying to exchange €500 notes!)  She should have gone to another bureau de change, there's plenty of them, then she'd have cash to pay her bills.

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"nobody change euros".

Nonsense (unless she was trying to exchange €500 notes!)  She should have gone to another bureau de change, there's plenty of them, then she'd have cash to pay her bills.

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"You're making things up, minds playing tricks on you, I can't recall anyone saying figures are doctored".

No, I'm not, I'm quoting you!  You posted...

"you realise everyone here plus other countries are skeptical at the number of victims in Thailand?".  What does that mean if it is not a suggestion that the numbers are doctored?

"people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done".

Really, which people?  Where has that been stated with any credibility?  You surely can't mean your imaginary "everyone here" that you referred to previously?   Perhaps you mean all those people that you see when you "get out" so much more than you think that I do!

Try answering the questions in the post

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wobalt said:

She tries at different banks and branches like bangkok bank, thai farmers, krung thai

So she didn't bother with the non-bank bureaux, then?  She should have done, then she'd be able to pay her bills.

By the way, which branch of the "Thai Farmers Bank" did she go to?  I'm not saying that what you're claiming isn't true (!) but there hasn't been a bank using that name in Thailand for almost 20 years. 

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Try answering the questions in the post

Try not claiming that comments that you made weren't made!

Your question that I ignored related to the Covid-19 testing procedure that I have no knowledge of and I didn't claim that I did have knowledge of it, in fact, I didn't mention it at all, you're the one who brought that up!

That process has nothing whatsoever to do with my assertion that you have no evidence of the figures being doctored.

Edited by Just Weird

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Try not claiming that comments that you made weren't made!

you're talking nonsense again. Here's the questions again for you, I'll leave them with you to answer, should be easy for you.

"As of yesterday UK has had 25,000 tests, how many for Thailand? people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done. What's the procedure for testing? I could tell you the UK procedure"

•  

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're talking nonsense again. Here's the questions again for you, I'll leave them with you to answer, should be easy for you.

"As of yesterday UK has had 25,000 tests, how many for Thailand? people are skeptical that adequate testing is being done. What's the procedure for testing? I could tell you the UK procedure"

•  

No, you're misunderstanding who is talking nonsense, again.

I don't know how many tests have been made, I didn't claim that I do know, you don't know, either, so your point is just as irrelevant as the UK's testing methods are irrelevant. And, your asking that immaterial question doesn't justify your claim that Thai figures are not correct.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Who is the "they" that you are referring to?  One bank, that's all, has decided to temporarily stop currency exchange. 

"They", as in the brain trust at K-Bank, sorry i didn't think that needed to be explained. Also, who is to say others may follow suit?

4 hours ago, skorp13 said:
21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"They", as in the brain trust at K-Bank, sorry i didn't think that needed to be explained. Also, who is to say others may follow suit?

Of course, others could have followed but they haven't.   Only Kasikorn has, temporarily, restricted it's service and who is to say that it won't be reinstated soon?

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Of course, others could have followed but they haven't.   Only Kasikorn has, temporarily, restricted it's service and who is to say that it won't be reinstated soon?

Looks like someone spoke too soon eh ????

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

Looks like someone spoke too soon eh ????

No, it's you who spoke too soon.   

I didn't "speak too soon" because I said, at the time of my post, that other banks hadn't followed suit, not that they wouldn't".  I was, and still am, correct with that statement.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's you who spoke too soon.   

I didn't "speak too soon" because I said, at the time of my post, that other banks hadn't followed suit, not that they wouldn't".  I was, and still am, correct with that statement.