What's the situation at Chong Mek?

I just came through Lao. The manager of my hotel in Vientiane told me that if they check you coming in and you have a fever or any flu symptoms  the police take you to quarrintine. She also said that they will close the border with Thailand on the 15th. I couldn't verify this with Lao immigration on the way out at Vientiane yesterday , as they didn't understand my question. On the way in at Chiang Khong two weeks ago I was the only one at the border aside from a thai couple at 9:15am. No checks were I  place then. The roads seemed mostly deserted while there except local traffic.

I have heard from friend in Laos they "may" close border with Vietnam in response to health developments.

In reply to OP I'd go asap in case they choose same for Thailand.It'd be a biggy for Lao so landlocked and dependant.

The Vienitiane Times also confirms 10 crossings already closed

Huaphan closes 10 border crossings with Vietnam to prevent Covid-19
Authorities in Huaphan province on Thursday issued a notice calling for the temporary closure of 10 traditional border crossings on the Vietnamese border, as part of efforts to prevent an outbreak of Covid-19. 

http://www.vientianetimes.org.la/