Third Tourist Visa In A Row

There is a lot of confusion when saying voa because you don't get a "visa" on arrival.

If there is confusion, it comes from people saying VOA when they do not mean VOA. There is an official and clearly-defined Visa On Arrival. See here.

Nvoa is unintelligible because nobody before you has ever used it and therefore nobody could possibly know what meaning it is supposed to have.

Nvoa, as you have defined it just now, is highly ambiguous because it can mean many different things, not just your definition of “No Visa on Arrival”. You used nvoa to mean visa-exempt entry, but when used like this, in addition to “no visa on arrival” it also means

– no tourist visa

– no non-immigrant visa

– no immigrant visa

– no re-entry permit

So what’s wrong with saying “visa-exempt entry” or “entry without visa” when this is what you mean? I am convinced that you did not join ThaiVisa with the intention of sowing confusion about visas. So please, I beg of you, don’t start it now.

--

Maestro

Maestro

For <deleted> sake man get a life! :o:D:D

When you have been on here for a lot longer you will realise that Maestro is one of the most clued up helpfull members on TV.One day you might need his help. I happen to agree with what he said. It is confusing enough without bringing in extra terms.

Anyway, good luck to you and enjoy Thailand.

There is a lot of confusion when saying voa because you don't get a "visa" on arrival.

If there is confusion, it comes from people saying VOA when they do not mean VOA. There is an official and clearly-defined Visa On Arrival. See here.

Nvoa is unintelligible because nobody before you has ever used it and therefore nobody could possibly know what meaning it is supposed to have.

Nvoa, as you have defined it just now, is highly ambiguous because it can mean many different things, not just your definition of “No Visa on Arrival”. You used nvoa to mean visa-exempt entry, but when used like this, in addition to “no visa on arrival” it also means

– no tourist visa

– no non-immigrant visa

– no immigrant visa

– no re-entry permit

So what’s wrong with saying “visa-exempt entry” or “entry without visa” when this is what you mean? I am convinced that you did not join ThaiVisa with the intention of sowing confusion about visas. So please, I beg of you, don’t start it now.

--

Maestro

Maestro

For <deleted> sake man get a life! :o:D:D

When you have been on here for a lot longer you will realise that Maestro is one of the most clued up helpfull members on TV.One day you might need his help. I happen to agree with what he said. It is confusing enough without bringing in extra terms.

Anyway, good luck to you and enjoy Thailand.

I'm with you on that Litebeer.

Accuracy in terminology is very important on this forum. Most of us probably joined this forum in an attempt to decipher Thailand's confusing visa regulations and Maestro (and Lopburi) have served us well in that endeavour.

o.k it's not illegal

but you give your verry worthwile possesion to someone else

and sometimes it goes wrong most of the time it's not a problem

but I met a guy outside the consulate waiting for his agent already for

two days it could be a miss communication any way he tried to phone

the agent but there was no reaction aside from this

I don't want to scare people off

but this story

combined with the storys on this forum in the past

let's me think double time about this subject

by the way two years ago I used an agent and everything went well

in Penang

because of the new visa system since 1 oct I am a little bit more carefull

but thanks Lopburi 3 you are right

it's not illegal

Since early 2003 I have been getting back to back tourist visas in Penang (well at least up until last year when the new rules were introduced), always using an agent and never once having a problem.

It is absolutely not illegal to have a travel service obtain a tourist visa if you are in Penang at the time. The only time it would be wrong is if you used a service to take your passport across a border.

If I come to the border with a double entry Visa just to start the second 60 days period can I just enter malaysia and come back immediately? Do Malaysia use a no visa entry like Thailand?

-m

Yes and most countries are allowed visa free entry stamp as Thailand. You are aware that you can obtain another 30 days by paying 1,900 baht for an extension of stay at any immigration office on each tourist visa entry?

Just came back from Penang

and they gave me the third

single entry tourist visa

I asked them ''next time also non problemos''

I mean over 3 months again

asked twice

they say nothing will change youre welcome that time

there is only one serious advice

go there in person ,don't use a agent to do the pasport job

in a way it's illegal to do that

and I saw some people having big time problems with it

and it's also been mentioned earlier on this forum

I know you have had a hundred question so sorry for 3 more.

My Work Permit has just been cancelled (changing jobs but new on starts in 2 months) so I need a 60day tourist Visa.

How long did it take in Penang? Price? I think I will fly there and back from Bangkok to make a hit and run mission.

Do I need any Documents?

Cheers and thanks from everyone for all the info

Ritti

I know you have had a hundred question so sorry for 3 more.

My Work Permit has just been cancelled (changing jobs but new on starts in 2 months) so I need a 60day tourist Visa.

How long did it take in Penang? Price? I think I will fly there and back from Bangkok to make a hit and run mission.

Do I need any Documents?

Cheers and thanks from everyone for all the info

Ritti

Apply in morning and receive next workday afternoon. Many holidays coming up. Most nationals do not need visa for Malaysia. You will need passport and photos and believe copy of photo page of your passport. Believe price will be about 1,000 baht (but must be paid in Ringitt). If you fly AirAsia best to take taxi direct to Consulate, make application and then continue to hotel. Should not cost much more than the fixed airport/hotel price. Am not sure if current cut off time is 11:30 or 12:00. Remember Malaysia is one hour ahead of Thailand.

Yes and most countries are allowed visa free entry stamp as Thailand. You are aware that you can obtain another 30 days by paying 1,900 baht for an extension of stay at any immigration office on each tourist visa entry?

Yes, but the consulate here says that twice entry visa is always 60+60, extension is discrectionary, meaning not 100% sure. I doubt it and going to Penang to exit to get another 60 days seems a waste of time and money. At least until there will be a direct flight from Samui to Penang, I saw a banner about Firefly airline starting a very cheap service.

Anyway, i will get a 60+60 and if i get an extension i will not use the second entry.......maximum flexibility, some money wasted....

-m

A tourist visa entry can be 30 or 60 days depending on your passport. Most with visa exempt entry get 60 days. A tourist visa is routinely extended for 30 days. I have not seen anyone on this forum in four years of posting here that has reported not been able to obtain such an extension of stay. Any stay is always at the discretion of immigration but suspect you would have to be a major mess not to be approved.

A tourist visa entry can be 30 or 60 days depending on your passport. Most with visa exempt entry get 60 days. A tourist visa is routinely extended for 30 days. I have not seen anyone on this forum in four years of posting here that has reported not been able to obtain such an extension of stay. Any stay is always at the discretion of immigration but suspect you would have to be a major mess not to be approved.

thanxs, all the people I've asked told me the same, in Samui it's enough to go to the Police staion in Nathon to get an extension. Just an info: the 30 days extension will start from the moment of the operation of from the original ending of the Visa?

Well, at the end all the confusion about the 3 visarun limit will just create a huge load of work for Thai embassy around the country, like Penang. If every visarun must be converted to a real Visa they will need 10 times more people.....and they could start charging more money....

-m

Edited by maurizio04