Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Lovely man. 

I have met him, more than once......before he became a politician, and on his home territory. I always thought he was a nice enough person, as hi-so go, not too clever, not too stupid.

How wrong one can be!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

In a previous occupation he was touted as being an expert in building bridges.... 

Now he seems to be an expert in tearing them down... 

The man is a disgrace and should step down for this latest tirade.

Tearing them down, hell he poured gasoline on them, and ignited them with an incendiary bomb of a tweet.....

Just now, Psimbo said:

4 hours the thread has been up and almost 500 replies of righteous indignation already. Go Anutin- you have got Thaigeezers on a roll this afternoon. ????

And the Twitter account in question has already been deleted, and reported here, yet they'll carry on regardless!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!! <deleted>*****????

I am as gobsmacked. Thailand has been getting worse and worse in its racist attitudes towards foreigners (its why I left the country). Since the military took over I think Thailand has steadily grown in its hatred towards foreigners and if you needed confirmation on what I believe is the nations true attitude such an terrible comment from a senior member of the government just confirms for me. This virus is a serious global problem and it is not a forum for racist slurs. the whole world is in this together with similar action plans for everyone (self isolation, avoid gatherings, wash hands frequently). This follows a racist slur just last month regarding the wearing of masks, the WHO organisation states clearly only to wear a mask if you feel symptoms to stop coughs and sneeze droplets hitting someone else,,, the virus is not air born. Good luck to farangs living in that country, they wont see my feet on their soil ever again and he is doing a great job of spreading that message to all foreigners. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaxLee said:

I would punch this dude right in the in the face, if I ever had the chance....

Yes of course you would. I love internet hardmen threatening violence from the comfort of their armchairs. ????

.....  and 'Dude'- really. How old are you? Do you also say 'gnarly', 'awesome' and 'bodacious' whilst wearing a reversed baseball hat?

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You must sweat like a pig in those cheap polyester Desi made suits. 

I'm so jealous. ????????????????

Where did you cut and paste that from SiSePuede419, never said anything close.......lol, never wear a suit, its below my standards of beer and egg stained shirts covering my extra large and hairy belly....lol

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

And the Twitter account in question has already been deleted, and reported here, yet they'll carry on regardless!

It hasnt been confirmed that it was a fake account .

Considering it was stated that sometimes his staff write his tweets and his previous tweets , its quite likely that it was his account and he did write it 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I love Anutin, he's like Duterte, says what's on his mind and he doesn't care what  people think.

As he has not just deleted that tweet, he has deleted the whole account, that shows he is concerned what people think  . although hes most probably concerned about the consequences of his tweet

It's time this Gov't including Health Minister, Anutin, cut the abuse of all Foreigners who live in Thailand, providing many Billions of Bht for the Thai Economy!!

PM Prayut should show some 'Guts" & sack Anutin, he's unworthy to hold position in Thai Gov't!!

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It hasnt been confirmed that it was a fake account .

Considering it was stated that sometimes his staff write his tweets and his previous tweets , its quite likely that it was his account and he did write it 

anyway he is responsible for his staff.... or not so in Thailand ?

Edited by david555

Thaivisa, when I read this article I got angry with me a lot of more people. But then I asked an educated Thai to translate his words. And that is completely different then what I read here. Stop always write so negative. 

This is what he really said:

Now it’s winter in western countries, therefore the virus spreading very quickly. Some has escaped the winter to come to Thailand. So please be careful as some don’t like having shower ????

Edited by alanso
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

You're addressing the wrong poster, I didn't say anything about about the legitimacy of the account, I just said that it had been deleted.

Yes, and you seemed to be saying that now its been deleted, we should all forget about and pretend that it never happened

• Thanks 1

"This lot" he says with contempt while TAT is screaming for them to come back. This as the hotels put off staff and local businesses struggle that rely on the (great unwashed?) to survive because someone or something has disturbed him at a public place so now he's venting his displeasure.

• Thanks 1