Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There's no excuse for any foreigners not to wear mask while in public.

It is to protect both yourself and others if you have the virus but are unaware of it. There might not be any symptoms during the first few days if you caught the virus but you are able to spread the virus to others.

I can't blame the health minister for being angry when some foreigners don't want to wear mask even when it is given free!!

The reason is farang and Chinese mix together at hotel, airport etc. 

So he scared the farang will give the thai covid. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

There's no excuse for any foreigners not to wear mask while in public.

It is to protect both yourself and others if you have the virus but are unaware of it. There might not be any symptoms during the first few days if you caught the virus but you are still able to spread the virus to others.

I can't blame the health minister for being angry when some foreigners don't want to wear mask even when it is given free!!

Check your “facts”

They are not widely given free they are sparse in some areas. 
The surgical ones people are wearing are pretty much useless. In fact they can be more of a problem in some cases. 
As a rough guess where I am staying I would say there are about the same number  wearing them as there were pre Corno cos of the pollution/dust. 

He is angry because he is an angry person. No need to spread more rumour

• Like 1

He should be arrested for spreading fake news, everyone knows the Chinese are far dirtier and they actually started this mess, but they seem to just be ignored when it comes to finger pointing by racist ministers.

Edited by Orton Rd

By all accounts the response of his ministry is woefully inadequate and very little testing and surveillance are being done. I don't think the ministry is lying about the number of confirmed cases but I think they are just not doing much testing because they don't have many test kits.  Cases apparently have to meet strict and complete criteria before a test can be authorised, just like what is happening in the US which also has a shortage of test kits. That means that only patients with the worst symptoms are being tested when they have already got viral pneumonia or soon will have. That means a large number of people with less severe symptoms are being sent home without testing, some of whom have the virus and are spreading it around.  There are also those who are infected but don't have any symptoms who should be tested due to contacts but aren't because the contact tracing of confirmed cases is very basic and most of the cases are unconfirmed anyway. Infectious cases which have not be tested must be in the hundreds or thousands by now.  I hope I am wrong but I expect that all of this will soon flow through as a sharp rise in the number of tested and reported cases, even if it will still remain understated, just as Italy went from 80 cases to over 10,000 in three weeks.

The health minister would be better advised to devote his energies to preparing for the epidemic while he still can, rather than making racist attacks on the country's few remaining foreign visitors.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The reason is farang and Chinese mix together at hotel, airport etc. 

So he scared the farang will give the thai covid. 

That's funny .... as we are afraid to get Covid from Thai who mixed with the so many Chinese ....55555

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

Where are the responses from our do-nothing, cowardly embassies?

Behind closed doors as usual I would think.

This minister is an idiot and should be offloaded to the ministry of inactive posts asap.

Edited by evadgib

Unbelievable !!     His boss will not like this.

They are tourists on holiday in your country bringing in much needed foreign monies,

If you do not want them here stop flying them in.

I for one shower at least 3 times a day Sir & wash my hands (properly) dozens of times,  more than Thai guys whi I see going for a leak & walking straight past the handbasins into the restaurant

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 90% of Thais in the northern city were wearing masks but not a single "farang" was wearing one.

Nine out of ten of his brown-nosers may have been wearing masks and the single farang he saw was not,.....????

Don't all rush but, can TV members resident in Chiengmai confirm that the greater masses are wearing faces masks? He does not mention that those who are wearing masks do so as protection against the air pollution which, as Minister for Health he should be fighting to improve.

3 minutes ago, malibukid said:

Thailand would have fallen to the communist after WWII if it had not been for the U.S.

During the 1950s, when the Chinese were threatening to overrun Laos, it was thought by the Eisenhower administration that they might want to sweep all the way through Thailand. In fact, provisions were made for an emergency airlift to evacuate a certain important family in Thailand (as well as one in Laos).

2 hours ago, namatjira said:

Problem is I can’t buy a mask anywhere, unless I can afford to buy a million of them, minimum order...and cash only....

I saw a Thai with some for sale, they were moldy and rotting.....

how the <deleted> did he get this job? Party to party - whatever in his best interests- was jailed in Australia for a “misunderstanding” about heroin trafficking- degree he has very dubious - has no health qualifications whatsoever to be that minister - keeps blaming every farang (obviously not Chinese as they’re wanted - spitting on the floor pissing and <deleted>ting even on BTS but that’s allowed as Chinese) he must have soooo much dirt on others they daren’t let him go unlike Big Joke that had the threat & moved overseas for “religious reasons” 

Dear Minister.
1. Is it enough if I shower 2 times a day ? (I even use soap and shampoo both times)
2. If you want to see Chinese tourists, please go to the immigration offices at Promenada and at the airport office, where they extend their visas.
   Was there 2 times this week and could see Chinese both days.
3. If you want to see more Chinese tourists please go to the big malls, f.e. Central Festival.
4. Buy cheap eye glasses and count the mask wearing people again. I would say you will get on a 50/50 result.
5. Please tell me where to buy masks!
   3 pharmacies at Mae Jo show a sign "masks sold out", in the 4th place I could get simple masks for the rip off price of 25 baht each...
6. Many farangs are shabbily dressed? 
   That's the only comment I can give you 100points for. ???? 

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Well, I try to be nice. 

But I think more than 30% same. 55555555

IMO the thaibashers post more. Because they lonely and angry about life. Maybe male menopause.

"IMO the thaibashers post more. Because they lonely and angry about life. Maybe male menopause." 

No it is only not to many Thai can speak/type English like Ying ???? so they are not her many….. when we could read Thai forums i think we would see more of Thai bashing Farangs ….

Edited by david555

5 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Nine out of ten of his brown-nosers may have been wearing masks and the single farang he saw was not,.....????

Don't all rush but, can TV members resident in Chiengmai confirm that the greater masses are wearing faces masks? He does not mention that those who are wearing masks do so as protection against the air pollution which, as Minister for Health he should be fighting to improve.

I didn't see any masks being worn by Govt officials in the immediate aftermath of the shooting either (ie just after this prat had told everyone to do it).

4 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Referring to Westerners with the dismissive term "phuak nee" (this lot) he said that they were fleeing the virus and the cold and coming to Thailand.

Nothing to do with all the Thai workers returning from Overseas and proceeded to go out and party instead of being quarantined!

Yep the 2000 that arrived back from S.Korea and the can’t find them ... Pissup organise couldn’t .. comes to mind 

• Like 1