Trump declares coronavirus national emergency, says he will most likely be tested

rooster59

6 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Please read your links. There was nothing in the previous regulations that stopped them doing this weeks ago. The Senate took a vote a while ago that basically confirmed the President can do whatever he likes if it benefits the USA. No Trump hate, just facts.

Sorry, you were wrong as was your post.the fda made changes, which is the opposite of your post. 

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is <deleted>. This is the job of a dozen agencies not some administrator sitting in Washington. There is a virtual army of well paid bureaucrats most likely Democrat government workers that dropped the ball. CDC and FEMA for starts. Blaming the president for some literally invisible threat is weak.

Hmmm... whom do all those agencies work for? Everything flows downhill from the top.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Hmmm OK..how is OUR President Trump making America great again:

He killed Sulimani

He recognized Jerusalem as th capital of Israel

He is building the wall

He is restoring respect for law enforcemtn.

There ya go, there is 4. Now argue with each one. Yourself.

You forgot the stock market record highs strangely and spelling !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is <deleted>. This is the job of a dozen agencies not some administrator sitting in Washington. There is a virtual army of well paid bureaucrats most likely Democrat government workers that dropped the ball. CDC and FEMA for starts. Blaming the president for some literally invisible threat is weak.

err sorry he totally owned success which logically means that he owns the failure as well. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

You forgot the stock market record highs strangely and spelling !

Nerve damage in fingers causes key juxtapositions and all I do is hit enter

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

The buck stops here " .. Words of the 33rd President of the USA Harry Truman

Thats what Prendergrast in KC taught old haberdasher Harry. 

Edited by Nyezhov

18 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

" The buck stops here " .. Words of the 33rd President of the USA Harry Truman .. What a contrast to the present incumbent of the White House .. 

IMG_20200314_115829.jpg

According to Trump, not only does the buck not stop with him, but it time travels back to Obama.

• Haha 1

Didn't The Don hand over the task of fighting the virus to Pence? Give the man a chance Donald.

Let him get on with it Donald, and you would be freed up to stop the Russians running the election.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

And there were the boys and girls in the Pandemic Response Team That Trump fired!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Hmmm OK..how is OUR President Trump making America great again:

He killed Sulimani

He recognized Jerusalem as th capital of Israel

He is building the wall

He is restoring respect for law enforcemtn.

There ya go, there is 4. Now argue with each one. Yourself.

Ok... no worries, this is your belief and I thank you for answering. I will not attempt to argue with you, ( lol... or myself), as that would be an attempt to get you to justify your position, which is pointless, as you’ve already indicated that you are unable to do this.

Now... as your answering honestly, can you explain the bit that interests me... as in ; how do you  put up with trumps incessant lying to the electorate? It’s not normal, therefore not easy to understand... ergo needing an explanation to enable understanding.

Can you assist in this matter?

• Haha 1

because of the court cases waiting for him when out of office he will try anything 

like he and fox kept saying a hoax/against him

now its real and had no testing prepared /it will become the center of the virus in a few weeks 

his stupidity will cause deaths of 1000s

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats what Prendergrast in KC taught old haberdasher Harry. 

Maybe so .. I would bow to your more intimate knowledge of American history in that respect .. But what I do know is Truman had to take the quite monumental decision of using the atom bomb to bring WW2 to a close and as far as decisions to be made go they don't get much bigger than that .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

It looks like Trump’s ‘may get tested’ was another head fake, his doctor has just released a letter ‘explaining’ why, despite coming into direct contacted with people affected by the virus, Trump himself does not need to get tested.

‘A leader’ might lead by getting tested to demonstrate the importance of doing so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It looks like Trump’s ‘may get tested’ was another head fake, his doctor has just released a letter ‘explaining’ why, despite coming into direct contacted with people affected by the virus, Trump himself does not need to get tested.

‘A leader’ might lead by getting tested to demonstrate the importance of doing so.

I thought people were supposed to listen to the advice of medical professionals. Why the new standard? Do you have some evidence why you know better than Trump's doctor how the situation should be handled?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I thought people were supposed to listen to the advice of medical professionals. Why the new standard? Do you have some evidence why you know better than Trump's doctor how the situation should be handled?

In this case the relevant professionals would be an epidemiologist, not your personal doctor. Remember during the first election the ridiculous health evaluation that came from Trump's personal doctor? Next you'll be telling us that Trump's doctor thinks it's a good idea to engage publicly in multiple handshakes. Another activity Trump is engaged in despite the warnings of the experts in the field.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Haha 2

Just now, Crazy Alex said:

Thanks, but I'll stick to assuming Trump's doctor is a competent professional who knows what he's doing, unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Here are the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to get tested for coronavirus:

• Recently traveled to Iran, China, most of Europe or South Korea or come in contact with someone who has tested positive. 

https://www.kmov.com/news/what-are-the-cdc-s-guidelines-to-get-tested-for/article_82547426-64cf-11ea-ab9f-ffc71df3908a.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Here are the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to get tested for coronavirus:

• Recently traveled to Iran, China, most of Europe or South Korea or come in contact with someone who has tested positive. 

https://www.kmov.com/news/what-are-the-cdc-s-guidelines-to-get-tested-for/article_82547426-64cf-11ea-ab9f-ffc71df3908a.html

OK

14 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

<snip>

Next you'll be telling us that Trump's doctor thinks it's a good idea to engage publicly in multiple handshakes. Another activity Trump is engaged in despite the warnings of the experts in the field.

What's wrong with a handshake Bristol Boy?

As long as you use that gel stuff or wash your hands, before and after. Just stop touching people's faces; or your own.

I feel sorry for The Don. He handed the reigns to Pence and is taking all the flak. Especially on TVForum. He will not sleep well tonight I fear,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

As long as you use that gel stuff or wash your hands, before and after. Just stop touching people's faces; or your own.

I feel sorry for The Don. He handed the reigns to Pence and is taking all the flak. Especially on TVForum. He will not sleep well tonight I fear,

I believe what we are seeing here is some people just insist on being hysterical and engaging in finger-pointing. I maintain calm is the answer, as you noted in your post about basic hygiene.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Trump is donating $100,000 of his salary to fighting the coronavirus, so I think he's got the covered.

Trump donating pittance and should bow his head in shame. Other billionaires philanthropist like Bill Gates, Jack Ma and Li Ka-Shing have collectively pledged over $100 Billion to help alleviate the outbreak. Trump is not even donating his own money but tax payer money. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump donating pittance and should bow his head in shame. Other billionaires philanthropist like Bill Gates, Jack Ma and Li Ka-Shing have collectively pledged over $100 Billion to help alleviate the outbreak. Trump is not even donating his own money but tax payer money. 

So you're comparing what a bunch of billionaires have collectively donated with Trump's "pittance" of $100,000? Yes, that makes real sense. Sorry, but no matter how you slice it, $100,000 is a large donation. So tell us, how much have YOU PERSONALLY DONATED, both in terms of dollars and your net worth, that you judge that which others have donated?

And yes, donating one's salary is in fact donating their own money. Surely you see you error, yes?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

I believe what we are seeing here is some people just insist on being hysterical and engaging in finger-pointing. I maintain calm is the answer, as you noted in your post about basic hygiene.

I guess among the hysterical you can count the CDC:

image.png.4de22e200b754c0d89ef459b50b1df05.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/workplace-school-and-home-guidance.pdf

• Thanks 1