How to get Pink ID Card and Yellow Book- CM specific

stament

Can anyone advise the process in CM to obtain the above for someone whose married to a Thai with a non Immigrant O visa.

I've read differing comments on here. Some say you need to be here for 1 year before applying.

Many thanks 

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I got my yellow book as soon as i got my non immi o visa.

They will not allow yellow book on a tourist or other temporary visa.

Besides that there was no other criteria as far as i can remember.

There is a thing about your local puyai baan vouching for you, which with me involved him coming to the amphur with us, and for a bunch of bananas he will tell the amphur what a valuable asset to the village you are.

Its a great feeling getting that yrllow book, you actually feel like you belong.

Then after you had it 5 yrs you look back on how beneficial it was and realise you could have spent that day at the amphur better as its had as much use as a tesco receipt.

Seriously in 5yrs, the only benefit i had is i can open it up when ordering materials for delivery and they can copy the address.

I wouldnt bother unless you need it for a specific reason

Did you get the pink card?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Hotel check ins - Pink and Go

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Those that say - "No Use" have obviously never had one.

A Pink ID Card can only be used in the province to where it was issued. Had mine from when they first became available. Only ever allowed to use it as ID when visiting my bank. Refused it at hotel in Pattaya. <snip>

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A Pink ID Card can only be used in the province to where it was issued

NanLaew

•  
  •  
  • NanLaew
  • Advanced Members
  • 25,469 posts

Technically, the pink ID card is only valid in the province in which it is issued. It is not recognized by either Thai or Lao immigration.

I got first my Blue and Yellow Books for the studio "Condo" I own from the Amphure responsible for my area, in Suthep Rd. The senior maid from the condo accompanied me and she speaks less English that I speak Thai but a good sort and with my old style government 'Paper' I received the two books the following day.

Some years later the same girl went with me again to the Amphure next to Three Kings monument and I received my Pink ID card in a couple of hrs one afternoon.

Minimum cost in each case.

john

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A Pink ID Card can only be used in the province to where it was issued. Had mine from when they first became available. Only ever allowed to use it as ID when visiting my bank. Refused it at hotel in Pattaya. They are of no use.

Not True. Used in Chaing Rai, Nan, Krabi, Phuket ... should I go on ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

I have a pink ID issued in Bangkok. I use it to check in for domestic flights, and to register in hotels in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. I also use it as a convenient ID for banking, so my passport can stay in the safe.

I have done the same but its often not accepted for banking or flight check-in as its in a different language (Thai) to the flight booking or bank account name. Most airlines and banks require a photo ID in the same language as the booking or account name (works if you opened the account or made booking in Thai name). I have a bank account opened with the pink ID so the account name is in Thai and Pink ID is the "only" ID that the bank accepts, as my passport (name in english) isn't accepted for that account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Pink cards only came out later, in 2017?. I only know one person who got one. Infact i hadforgotten they exist.

Also pointless....but lets see how many pink card holders disagree

Totally disagree. ID: I have entered local attractions and national parks many times (in some cases it might differ) for the same price as Thais. Yellow Book: Immigration Extension, Applications to Government related agencies. Like NBCT, CAAT, Land and Transportation Office etc. 

• Like 1

A high number of posts have been removed. off topic/nonsense/unhelpful.

This topic is NOT about your opinion of, or where you can use/or not, its clearly stated "how to get", thank you.

Please stay on topic, if you have nothing of value to contribute, move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:22 PM, eyecatcher said:

I got my yellow book as soon as i got my non immi o visa.

They will not allow yellow book on a tourist or other temporary visa.

Besides that there was no other criteria as far as i can remember.

There is a thing about your local puyai baan vouching for you, which with me involved him coming to the amphur with us, and for a bunch of bananas he will tell the amphur what a valuable asset to the village you are.

Its a great feeling getting that yrllow book, you actually feel like you belong.

Then after you had it 5 yrs you look back on how beneficial it was and realise you could have spent that day at the amphur better as its had as much use as a tesco receipt.

Seriously in 5yrs, the only benefit i had is i can open it up when ordering materials for delivery and they can copy the address.

I wouldnt bother unless you need it for a specific reason

Funny how we all have different experiences isn’t it. I’ve found mine to be useful in many ways, same with my pink card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2020 at 9:17 PM, eyecatcher said:

Pink cards only came out later, in 2017?. I only know one person who got one. Infact i hadforgotten they exist.

Also pointless....but lets see how many pink card holders disagree

I have the pink card also seems pointless to me, as i don't go to National Parks. With the yellow book (plus pink card) you 'should' be able to register a vehicle in your name without the letter of residency from immigration, but TRAT wouldn't. ???? 

• Like 2