How to get Pink ID Card and Yellow Book- CM specific

stament

16 minutes ago, Duvidl said:

You can use the Yellow Book in lieu of the Residency Certificate. Right?

In theory yes but it depends on what you are doing with it. For example, If you get a Thai license using a passport as your primary ID (PP number goes on license) then a passport and resident cert is required to renew etc, if you get your original license using a yellow book (Thai ID number goes on license) then the yellow book is used to renew. Same applies to bank accounts etc.

In many cases it comes down to the document you originally used as ID, is the ongoing ID.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 5:03 AM, stament said:

Is there a list of standard documents required? Presumably passport,residence certificate, wife's blue book,wife's ID....

Update.  I went to the Muang Chiang Mai Amphur yesterday with my wife and witnesses for my yellow book.  To confirm you need the following:

• Passport and certified passport translation in Thai.
  • Wife's ID and blue book
  • Certificate of Residency obtained from Immigration (not only valid for 1 month from date of letter).
  • Marriage certificate and Kor Por 3 (updated document from the Amphur certifying that you are still married).
  • Witness IDs and blue tabien book.
  • Work permit (if you have one)
  • 2 photos

I took copies of all the above, they keep the Kor Por 3 original and Certificate of residence but return all the order originals.  For your passport you need to take copies of all the relevant pages in your passport, i.e. your visa, TM30, extension stamp, etc.  

Currently the computer is in the repair shop so I will have to wait a bit longer for my yellow book but they did all the checks and interviewed my wife and witnesses.  One of the questions asked was "What good things do I do for the benefit of Thai people and Thailand?" as well as asking "Does he take drugs?"

Once I get the yellow book I will proceed with my application for the "pink card."

Hope this post helps others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Read the post above yours

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was for the pink card as it didn't say specifically.  Was that at Amphur Muang?   No witnesses to go with you and your wife to obtain it?  Seems very straight forward ????

44 minutes ago, stament said:

What is the process/documents required, etc to obtain a "Pink ID Card" at Amphur Muang Chiang Mai, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

All you needed to do was ask for it when you did the yellow book.  That is how I got mine, they needed nothing else except a few baht.  

why did you not ask them while you were there for the yellow book?  

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

All you needed to do was ask for it when you did the yellow book.  That is how I got mine, they needed nothing else except a few baht.  

why did you not ask them while you were there for the yellow book?  

I need to go back to get my yellow book due to the computer issue.  I didn't even get to speak to the official myself.  My wife has to return there on Monday so I will get her to ask and then post the details on here.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, klauskunkel said:

I have a pink ID issued in Bangkok. I use it to check in for domestic flights, and to register in hotels in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. I also use it as a convenient ID for banking, so my passport can stay in the safe.

How can you use it for flights?  I could not buy a ticket for a flight as my name on the ID card is in Thai script yet the ID card of Thais is in english.....

56 minutes ago, NeeNoon said:

How can you use it for flights?  I could not buy a ticket for a flight as my name on the ID card is in Thai script yet the ID card of Thais is in english.....

I have used it to check in on domestic flights with Thai Smile, Nok Air and Air Asia, because I did not want to take my passport. Last time I used it like this was about 3-4 years ago. I have always called airlines and hotels prior to make sure they accept it.

1 hour ago, NeeNoon said:

I was unable to use it for an internal flight. I asked at the check-in desk why I cannot use it and I was told in English that this card is 'for staying'. However, the same person accepted my Thai driver's license because it apparently was 'for moving'. ????

The worst experience when using the Pink ID was with the Department of Land Transportation in Bangkok. When renewing my Thai driver's license I was asked for proof address. When I showed my Pink ID I was told that I need to bring the Yellow Book too.

In the end, it turn out this was not sufficient either; I was requested to get an official letter from the Ampur --that had issued my Pink ID and Yellow Book-- to formally declare that it is really 'me' who hold these documents.

Just for clarification, my appearance hadn't changed or something like this. When I spoke to the officer at the Department of Land  Transportation, they more or less said the Pink ID and Yellow Book are issued by local authorities and are used by them; their department's requirements state they only except letters with a stamp and signature that is recent, unless you have a Thai ID card.

Edited by Morakot
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Morakot said:

I was unable to use it for an internal flight. I asked at the check-in desk why I cannot use it and I was told in English that this card is 'for staying'. However, the same person accepted my Thai driver's license because it apparently was 'for moving'. ????

The worst experience when using the Pink ID was with the Department of Land Transportation in Bangkok. When renewing my Thai driver's license I was asked for proof address. When I showed my Pink ID I was told that I need to bring the Yellow Book too.

In the end, it turn out this was not sufficient either; I was requested to get an official letter from the Ampur --that had issued my Pink ID and Yellow Book-- to formally declare that it is really 'me' who hold these documents.

Just for clarification, my appearance hadn't changed or something like this. When I spoke to the officer at the Department of Land  Transportation, they more or less said the Pink ID and Yellow Book are issued by local authorities and are used by them; their department's requirements state they only except letters with a stamp and signature that is recent, unless you have a Thai ID card.

Is the Yellow Book tied to the Blue Book?

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Not tied so much as one is for Thai citizens - Blue - and one for foreigners - Yellow

Both can be for the same address, in my case for my wife and I

Two books, one address

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Not really. The yellow book is the foreigners version of the Thai blue book and is your registered address. Foreigners cannot be recorded in the blue tabien house book.

1 minute ago, canthai55 said:

Not tied so much as one is for Thai citizens - Blue - and one for foreigners - Yellow

Both can be for the same address, in my case for my wife and I

Two books, one address

Lol you just beat me to it!

5 hours ago, stament said:

Not really. The yellow book is the foreigners version of the Thai blue book and is your registered address. Foreigners cannot be recorded in the blue tabien house book.

But the owner of the blue book must agree to foreigner getting the yellow book. If he doesn't agree, then the foreigner can't get pink ID card, correct?

Then it is tied indirectly to the blue book.

Can the foreigner apply for yellow book without the approval of the owner?

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

No, the 'master/ head' in the blue book needs to give permission for those listed in the blue book. Likewise the 'master/ head' needs to approve who is listed in the yellow book.

Edited by Morakot

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I don't think there are any regulations about what kind of non-Thais can be listed in the Yellow Book. But in practice most Ampurs will only issue a YB if the owner is your legal spouse.

Edited by Morakot

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

But the owner of the blue book must agree to foreigner getting the yellow book. If he doesn't agree, then the foreigner can't get pink ID card, correct?

Then it is tied indirectly to the blue book.

Correct unless you are a condo owner and are applying that way and not as a spouse of a house owner.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:37 PM, canthai55 said:

Proof of residence - no need for one from Immigration.

Easy dealing with Gov't services - pass over Pink ID card and you are set.

Hotel check ins - Pink and Go

Just bought a bike in the Rai - came home and went to DLT on Monday. Yellow book and Pink Card all that was required from me.

Now I have Green book in my name - in Thai !

Those that say - "No Use" have obviously never had one.

I will take 'How to say proof of residence 5 times for 100 please Bob'. 

9 hours ago, Morakot said:

No, the 'master/ head' in the blue book needs to give permission for those listed in the blue book. Likewise the 'master/ head' needs to approve who is listed in the yellow book.

And the owner is not necessarily the "master/head", got it Eric, you persist in saying owner which is incorrect.