Germany tries to halt U.S. interest in firm working on coronavirus vaccine

webfact

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Your selective reading of history is childish.

America is the most generous country in the world. We dont use food or medicine as weapons unless there is shooting. Any suggestion to the ontrary is not borne out by any facts

It doesnt mattter anyway, a Massachusets (?) made vaccine is scheduled to start human testing in Seattle....

I think the name of company is Moderna.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

America is the most generous country in the world. We dont use food or medicine as weapons unless there is shooting. Any suggestion to the contrary is not borne out by any facts

It doesnt mattter anyway, a Massachusets (?) made vaccine is scheduled to start human testing in Seattle....

Yes and the makers say it could still take 18 months to bring to market.

"We dont use food or medicine as weapons unless there is shooting."

Please read this again and tell me that it makes sense!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

"We dont use food or medicine as weapons unless there is shooting."

Please read this again and tell me that it makes sense!

Makes sense to me. Looks pretty clear. 

• Haha 1

An experimental vaccine from some relatively obscure company. In the slight chance they are successful it will just be copied and reverse engineered. There are literally thousands of cutting edge biotechs with "promising" experimental drugs. 

It reminds me of when I find a biotech stock that is all upside written by a pump and dump boiler crew. Wake me up if this thing ever works. Of course by then it will be a year or two off and the story is forgotten.

Posts containing insulting comments toward other members have been removed. 

Posts containing unsubstantiated "info" and the replies have been removed. 

Troll posts and name calling posts and the replies have been removed. 

On 3/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

This is not an excuse. It is fact that China covered the outbreak for weeks. If reported earlier the rest of the world coud have acted earlier. Simple logic.

And there's not only Singapore and Hongkong doing a fabulous job. Don't forget the maybe most successful, the Taiwanees.

Reported to WHO after 5 days is a cover-up?

Characteristics of and Important Lessons From the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak in China

1*r-ddYhoUtP_se6x-NOEinA.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jany123 said:

Oh deary me... has trump been giving you your opinion again?

poor form is poor form ... and 12000 died over a years span, in which it took six months to find a cure... claiming trumps response to be somehow better than that response, when the deal is far from done, is presumptuous... and as dangerous as cutting CDC funding because of a belief that it’s wasted money.

"Obama's response system resulted in 12,000 Americans dead from swine flu".

Jany123, I agree with your comments regarding the post in italics above, and have addressed it elsewhere, but worthwhile visiting again in light of the untruths which seem to abound;

trump was lying when he said…….. 

"The USA was never set up for this, just look at the catastrophe of the H1N1 Swine Flu (Biden in charge, 17,000 people lost, very late response time)," Trump tweeted

In fact, under the Obama administration, diagnostic tests for the 2009 swine flu outbreak were approved and shipped less than two weeks after the H1N1 virus was identified and a day before the first US death. So in anyone's opinion that would be a good response to that outbreak.

Compare that to what is going on at the moment and it's as different as chalk and cheese, and although trump cut the CDC funding, he still comes out with rhetoric which basically either circumvents or denies it, or he blames someone else..

Wake up people, the man is a compulsive liar, and a dumb one at that.

• Like 2