What are Thais stocking up on pre-lockdown?

Trujillo

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The misses arrived back very happy, haggled them down to 1,350bht ..... biggest sack of rice I've ever owned.

Isnt that fabulous, the sheer joy of an Asian woman who got a bargain. Did she review the entire negotiation with you? With pride?

You are going to have a great stay at home, big bag of rice (and rice is life), happy wife, cows in the back yard.....what a wonderful life thanks for sharing! 

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just sent the misses out for a bit of 'panic buying' .......... 30Kg sack of rice.

Bad news phone call, the rice shop only has 45Kg sacks left ......... 1,600bht guess that'll feed us for a while.

If the world ends we'll just have to drive down to the family rice farm in Lomsak (or the other jungle farm in Nan) and live off the land.a 15kg;

the extra time needed to consume that further 15kgs, gives the weevils more time to get a foothold! (six feethold)

22 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I find the Thai ones cut the blood flow to me doodle and give me long lasting power.... the rentals hate them and ask me to take em off and get the job done with.

Lol, I can't even get them over my head, somehow I this guy misunderstood me.

https://makeagif.com/gif/man-wears-a-condom-on-his-head-and-inflates-it-61h2yM

A woman in the next isle in the big Tesco had a cart full of more instant "Mama" noodles than I have eaten in my whole life, and that's not hyperbole. That and enough Fanta-looking pop in different colors to sink a ship, something like 2 kilos of white sugar and about 12 kilos of hot dogs. 

Damnedest thing....