Buriram placed in LOCKDOWN in bid to stop spread of COVID-19

webfact

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Special quarantine areas will be introduced at hospitals in the province, while a local hotel will be used as a temporary hospital if needed.

I was just informed by my sister that Germany shuts down its borders and now I see Buri Ram shut down.

They don't tell us the truth. There must be many cases. Is anybody living there?

Missus has just had her car serviced and been to MAKRO. I went to Immigration and, as the IO there said (he is a bit of a wag)  “Keep calm and go to KFC - it is business as usual in there”.

For Colinneil’s benefit, I am assured by a close friend that Mucky Street was still operational last week.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Another news agency (a national normally reliable one) reported 42m ago that Prayut has announced a raft of measures that will be put to the Thai Cabinet tomorrow including closure of schools, banning of gatherings above 50 and postponement of the Songkran holiday.

Hope so, the village nearest to me is getting ready for a 3 day fund raiser for the temple.  You know, the big pi$$ ups with ultra loud music.  Ideal for virus transmission.  Bet it goes ahead,  told the mrs she ain't going.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's maybe half a dozen customers when I hit our main Big C branch in Udon just after they open so yes, it is possible.

20% outside criteria by your own admission ????

40% if you include your own arrival.

Staff presumably don’t count........

59 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Have to say, I don't like this serious side to you!

You are seriously damaging your chances of winning POTY for next year.

Calm down my friend. All will be OK. Stay home, drink cold beer and reeeeeelax. ???? Wishing you and all the best. XX

Maybe he is showing his true colors ?  When the chips are down ... and all that ???? .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Hope so, the village nearest to me is getting ready for a 3 day fund raiser for the temple.  You know, the big pi$$ ups with ultra loud music.  Ideal for virus transmission.  Bet it goes ahead,  told the mrs she ain't going.

This past weekend was the fundraiser for out local Temple - yep it went ahead ????

5 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Typical social media propaganda. "Lockdown" is such an exaggeration.

Probably just about enough to make sure the local feds and squaddies can get some lucrative tithing going on all major roads. There seems to be a big power vacuum going on - someone's going to fill it and it probably won't be pretty.

47 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's maybe half a dozen customers when I hit our main Big C branch in Udon just after they open so yes, it is possible.

Missus went to Udon Makro today, no issues, they had plenty of beer, never asked about how many were in attendance.

She did say parking easy at Central!

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

pretty much defied any sort of modeling by all sorts or real experts in virology.

Possibly because they keep "reseeding"! Iran and Italy obviously got a much more virulent stream than others. Guess we could ask Bill Gates (Ret) as he knows a lot about it. :wink:

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Thailand should close its border and order a travel ban from USA, UK, and Europe, the countries that cannot control it effectively. It is the only way to stop infection and save lives. 

So Thailand has handled this virus effectively. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Have to say, I don't like this serious side to you!

You are seriously damaging your chances of winning POTY for next year.

Calm down my friend. All will be OK. Stay home, drink cold beer and reeeeeelax. ???? Wishing you and all the best. XX

Perhaps he is less of a man of what we was to believe ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and as i said 10 days ago there will be a stop to inter province travel.

Yinn had a heart attack saying that would never happen.

i hope there is no one left who thinks this is funny or going away soon.

i would seriously consider taking cash out of the ATM now, maybe two weeks worth for now and setting it aside. 

Yin’s got more balls than you these days. What a little girl! There’s a lot of people who think this won’t last long. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4