Buriram placed in LOCKDOWN in bid to stop spread of COVID-19

webfact

37 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Complete Lockdown means No One IN No One OUT. Ain't gonna happen in Any place or City in Thailand. People Can't be told it never works. 

You weren't here during any of the many Coup? - it can work and did! Not difficult or hard to enforce.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The beginning of total CHAOS is soon to rear its ugly head.  Its all our faults (Foreigners), just wait the Thai government will ensure we get the blame somehow or someway.........

Of course it's our fault! The Minister of Health has made that quite obvious already with his vitriolic comments about "dirty foreigners that do not shower" etc etc

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Well, I am sittin in my condo with 20 bags of rice, 15 kilo of powdered  milk, lots of dried fish, plenty of water tablets, and a filter, plenty of filled water jugs, a machete, masks n95, stocked frozen, cooking fuel in case electricity goes out, plenty of cash, some gold, oatmeal, hand gel, toilet paper (in case bum gun goes due water pressure loss), and keeping family in a different room. Ok all set, I sure hope you guys are right about this! Bring on the apocalypse!

what!!!!  no  Tiffin?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Thailand should close its border and order a travel ban from USA, UK, and Europe, the countries that cannot control it effectively. It is the only way to stop infection and save lives. 

They already have a ban on the US 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The governor of Buriram on Monday announced he is placing the whole province on lockdown in a bid to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus

At last a governor with go-nads... the government have been tripping around the edges trying to say we're in control, patently they are not!

So provincial governors have to step up and do what the ministers cannot.. make decisions.

Anyone who thinks this is ludicrous.... take a good look at Italy.

One month fine lets carry on as usual, just a few people with flu.. then BOOM

guess what... it ain't flu.

But I think Thailand missed the boat by about 6 weeks, allowing people to enter and mingle is going to come back and bite them hard!

• Like 1

Buriram goes on full alert to ward off Covid-19 infections

By THE NATION

800_d13a84874866fe2.jpg

The Buriram governor announced the province is on full alert in an attempt to keep Covid-19 from spreading, with Buriram United president Newin Chidchob posting the announcement on his Facebook page today (March 16).

“Although not one infected person has been found in Buriram to date, the province is on full alert to create confidence among local people and travellers,” the announcement stated.

The province will run operations to do with public health, undertake high-risk activities prevention, and be medically ready, according to the announcement.

Officials will screen everyone entering the province, whether foreign tourists or returnees from other provinces or countries. Screenings will be conducted at the airport, bus terminal, hotels and in villages.

Moreover, the province will introduce a monitoring registration system, which will be activated if any patients arrive.

Buriram will also cancel high-risk activities that have the capacity to spread Covid-19, as well as community activities with more than 50 participants, such as seminars or even flea markets.

“For those activities that cannot be cancelled, organisers must first ask district chiefs for permission,” the announcement said.

Regarding medical preparedness, the province has provided separated rooms in all hospitals.

“Twelve separated rooms, a cohort ward, 20 beds and three ICUs have been prepared at Buriram Hospital,” it added.

Additionally, Bric Box Hotel has made 80 rooms available, increasing its capacity to serve 115 patients.

Buriram also has Communicable Disease Control Units at ready to assure both local people and tourists.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384196

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-16
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post has been removed, please do not post anything that is not from a reliable source, no links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.

With all due respect was there a YouTube channel with the speech in English thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Thailand should close its border and order a travel ban from USA, UK, and Europe, the countries that cannot control it effectively. It is the only way to stop infection and save lives. 

In your dreams , it's here already !! Ofcourse a travel ban will decrease the risk but it will never stop the risk of infection . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You can’t limit MAKRO or Big C to 5 people.

Visited my local Tops today , not have 5 customers .

Bargains galore for cheap charlies , like me ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Quite a few meet farmers' daughters in Pattaya, working as cashiers and take a trip to Buriram to form a relationship with a healthy buffalo.

Exscuse me , my good lady was a cleaner .

Same same ,but different ...

• Like 1