Buriram placed in LOCKDOWN in bid to stop spread of COVID-19

webfact

Hi guys

Need advice, I'm in Pattaya and due to travel to buriram on Sunday, am I allowed to enter buriram or is it locked down! I'm irish and haven't decided yet if I will drive or fly? Any 1st hand experience on what to do or expect please

Thanks guys

Wife in nangrong for a village funeral. 

I show her the news.

Not even an eyelid movement. 

Ask the village head man about report to him. 

He says "what about?".

"You report to me a few years ago and i do letter to say i know you".

Its ok...

Thainess....

22 minutes ago, Dublin14 said:

Hi guys

Need advice, I'm in Pattaya and due to travel to buriram on Sunday, am I allowed to enter buriram or is it locked down! I'm irish and haven't decided yet if I will drive or fly? Any 1st hand experience on what to do or expect please

Thanks guys

Would just go as normal. 

Possibly demonstrating you have some hand cleaning stuff etc.

I am in nangrong and the village head knows little about the lock down. 

Its only a partial lock down. 

Basically checking who goes in and out.

No 14 day isolation stuff. 

14 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I just read that two Italians escaped from quarantine on Koh Samui and are believed to be on Koh Phangan if Phangan gets infected we are well and truly in the $#IT€

It's time for the world's most powerful BMW smart car. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's also obvious that a whole lot of people haven't accepted that the transmission paths for Covid-19 are totally different from previous corona viruses and have pretty much defied any sort of modeling by all sorts or real experts in virology.

That is because this virus is lab created. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

At last a governor with go-nads... the government have been tripping around the edges trying to say we're in control, patently they are not!

So provincial governors have to step up and do what the ministers cannot.. make decisions.

Anyone who thinks this is ludicrous.... take a good look at Italy.

One month fine lets carry on as usual, just a few people with flu.. then BOOM

guess what... it ain't flu.

But I think Thailand missed the boat by about 6 weeks, allowing people to enter and mingle is going to come back and bite them hard!

Me thinks the Governor will be reprimanded from the top for taking clandestine decisions and not waiting for directives from P. C.         

All international flights should have been stopped way back , a point I posted here 5 weeks ago .

Now a case of stable door and horse bolted 

16 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I am in a small village in south Buriram. This morning the government speakers informed the locals foreigners spread corona virus and everyone needs to wash hands and not touch animals.

Some thing is happening in Buriram. My wife is due back from a funeral soon, I may have to get her to self isolate in the shed.

Just Anutin and his mate Newin spreading their anti-foreigner <deleted>.

9 hours ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

New Jersey in America just locked down the state and called out the national guard.

My wife told me the doctor who has been treating her for a nail wound told her that COVID-19 is all over Thailand and they plan on locking down Thailand no one is going to be allowed to go out of their houses, they will be brought food when needed.

This is just 1 step while still letting people move around a little, until it becomes like Italy or China.

It's like the Quarantine in New York now in one area, its expanding now to New Jersey, New York will expand to the entire State, then the entire country before you know it, like Italy and China.

The county I used to live in in Georgia just reported a case in a town not far from where I lived 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

OK if you can speak or understand Thai language but most of us will have to rely on our wives translation or this forum .  Maybe there should be an English text on the TV screen at the same time ?  

Or am I asking too much ?

I asked the same thing when he made his Friday night speeches before the election they had English text maybe rooster or one of the other members proficient in thai could start a thread with the speech in English 

14 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You do realize that Anutin and Newin are two different people, don't you?

Anutin recently moved house to Buriram and has strong clan links in the city. It is/will be his power base.

15 hours ago, CGW said:

There is no evidence to support a rise, but don't be surprised if they do "skyrocket", it will help support the "agenda" :wink:

Facts are no longer important, they have gone out the window long ago!

The BBC had a good article stating that the virus definitely originated in the USA 5 hours ago, gone two hours later, the good old politically independent Brussels Brainwashing Corp, pulled the article - guess the truth didn't fit the agenda, this is all being driven now, by "Who" - no idea!

Not surprised the Beeb lost its nerve. This guy, who's working on a history of pandemics, mercifully hasn't - and poses the sixtyfour thousand dollar question. . . 

https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/does-2019-coronavirus-exist

If you prefer a podcast, it's here: 

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, spiekerjozef said:

Buriram? Do they mean Bangkok?

This is the upcoming schedule at Chang International Raceway in Buriram.  Personally I wouldn't want a bunch of Lambo lovers visiting from Italy either if I could avoid it. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 4.20.19 PM.png

On 3/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Mulambana said:

Thailand should close its border and order a travel ban from USA, UK, and Europe, the countries that cannot control it effectively. It is the only way to stop infection and save lives. 

Very few people coming from those countries now mostly Thais returning from over seas.

21 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Preparing for all the bar girls to come back after a very low -high season . Can’t imagine any tourists in buriram 

Exactly and not being overly welcomed either being potentially spreaders.

Just returned from Bankruat hospital (south Buriram) after taking the mother in-law for her diabetes check. On entry to hospital a member of staff told us the hospital was full and no doctors were available. Mother in-law says that has never happened before.

If the virus takes hold hear it is going to be impossible for the rural hospitals to cope.