Buriram placed in LOCKDOWN in bid to stop spread of COVID-19

webfact

Buri Ram partially locks down the province to stem COVID-19 spread

89409465_1592972637525705_6485606083900473344_o.jpg

photo from นายธัชกร หัตถาธยากูล facebook

Buri Ram has become the first province in Thailand to announce a partial lockdown to restrict the spread of COVID-19.

Governor Tatchakorn Hatthathayakul, who ordered the measure, said that, even though there has not been a COVID-19 case reported in the province yet, it is necessary for stringent measures to be imposed to protect people.

According to the announcement, all visitors, Thai or foreign, must be screened upon arrival at the provincial airport, railway station, hotel or village.

Non-residents must register, so that they can be traced throughout their stay in the province or throughout the 14-days following their arrival.  This tracking system will be linked with the health officials’ network.

All group activities, such as seminars, conferences, ceremonies, summer courses for students, ordinations of novices and flea markets, where more than 50 people are expected to gather, will be cancelled or postponed.  If this is not possible, then prior permission must be obtained from the relevant chief district officer and they must comply strictly with the safety standards issued by the Public Health Ministry, such as the provision of face masks and sanitizer gel.

All hospitals in the province are required to have a separate ward for COVID-19 patients, in case Thailand enters Stage 3 of the outbreak.

The governor also said that the chairman of Buri Ram FC, Mr. Newin Chidchob, has promised to convert a Bric Box hotel into a temporary hospital with 80 rooms, to accommodate up to 115 patients.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/buri-ram-partially-locks-down-the-province-to-stem-covid-19-spread/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-16
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I just read that two Italians escaped from quarantine on Koh Samui and are believed to be on Koh Phangan if Phangan gets infected we are well and truly in the $#IT€

Probably just on a Pizza run...they'll go back once the crust settles.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Non-residents must register, so that they can be traced throughout their stay in the province or throughout the 14-days following their arrival.  This tracking system will be linked with the health officials’ network.

Dose that mean I have to register with the health officials? I have been hear since 2006.

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

All group activities, such as seminars, conferences, ceremonies, summer courses for students, ordinations of novices and flea markets, where more than 50 people are expected to gather, will be cancelled or postponed.

This if enforced means everything is cancelled. Our village is small but even the market has 50 people.

Buriram has clearly got a problem, if we have people with the virus we need to know how many and where.

44 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

This if enforced means everything is cancelled. Our village is small but even the market has 50 people.

Buriram has clearly got a problem, if we have people with the virus we need to know how many and where.

Hey you! Yes you... with the shed.

56 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Governor Tatchakorn Hatthathayakul, who ordered the measure, said that, even though there has not been a COVID-19 case reported in the province yet, it is necessary for stringent measures to be imposed to protect people.

Pre-emptive measures? A Provincial Governor who refuses to wait for more flipping and flopping by the government?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

There may be zero cases and they'll still go into lock down.

Yeah maybe preemptive measures.  Good way to ensure health system isn't overwhelmed with an inverse v-shaped spike.  A flattened curve of infections is ideal.  

5 minutes ago, baansgr said:

When countries thousands of miles away from the initial location of outbreak are in their tens of thousands, yet all neighbouring countries are reporting less than 100....it's obvious the truth isn't being told

It's also obvious that a whole lot of people haven't accepted that the transmission paths for Covid-19 are totally different from previous corona viruses and have pretty much defied any sort of modeling by all sorts or real experts in virology.

• Like 2

Obviously there is more to this than meets the eye.  Why are there so many patients with Covid in Buriram now or expected to be?

Who owns the hotel?

Who is trying to hide what?

maybe start with the letter A and work yourself down from there.  

• Like 2

Something doesn't stack up here. Surely the military government would not allow an announcement like this to come out without some element of central management or central prefacing. Demonstrates a country/government heading for total loss of control which surely Prayut could not countenance.

• Like 1

The infection rate is much higher than ever reported. To keep Europeans or people from other countries fighting the virus in an effective way out of the country, ban them, isn't helping much to stop the virus as it came long time ago into the country!

Now better monitor the thai population as they carry the virus!

• Like 2

I just changed my plans with news of this, i was going to BR tomorrow morning for a wedding... I already thought it's a bad idea to have a wedding right now. Girlfriend insists on going but im staying home. At what point do these large gatherings become irresponsible? 

The thai way of thinking, i told her they banned large gatherings she said it wont be more then 50 people, Even worse we got news just today her cousin is seriously ill and on life support and plan to take her off soon already called the daughter to come from bangkok... So it will probably be a wedding and a Funeral in one trip for her family.. which basically double's your risk... These type of things have people coming from all over the country sometimes.

Also yes the cousins condition is from Alcohol consumption over a long period of time, she had kidney failure and is on life support. and not covid19 related.

Edited by taytee
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

and as i said 10 days ago there will be a stop to inter province travel.

Yinn had a heart attack saying that would never happen.

i hope there is no one left who thinks this is funny or going away soon.

i would seriously consider taking cash out of the ATM now, maybe two weeks worth for now and setting it aside. 

I don’t agree with you, but I took out 50,000 Baht just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, taytee said:

I just changed my plans with news of this, i was going to BR tomorrow morning for a wedding... I already thought it's a bad idea to have a wedding right now. Girlfriend insists on going but im staying home. At what point do these large gatherings become irresponsible? 

The thai way of thinking, i told her they banned large gatherings she said it wont be more then 50 people, Even worse we got news just today her cousin is seriously ill and on life support and plan to take her off soon already called the daughter to come from bangkok... So it will probably be a wedding and a Funeral in one trip for her family.. which basically double's your risk... These type of things have people coming from all over the country sometimes.

You should perhaps mention that the cousins condition is not COVID-19 related.

• Like 2