now we know the benefit of a bum gun

opalred

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Mains water temperature?

Guess not many people here had a separate Bidet toilet back in the home country, the "Japanese" seat covers with hot water should sell well now, problem being not many have a power supply next to the toilet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Water temperature 'back home' is too cold for bum gun, unless you have a mixer tap to mix in hot water... it's too much 

I'm sure that must be the case , middle of winter in Canada and using a bum gun , that is if the water hasn't frozen before it reaches the hose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

Water temperature 'back home' is too cold for bum gun, unless you have a mixer tap to mix in hot water... it's too much 

It can be cold, but I'm a Stoic. Preferable to the alternative of toilet paper. It's embarrassing when you have to use half a roll at a time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fun fact !
Countries that use toilet paper instead of "the left hand and water" have almost NO cases of cholera.

Countries that DO use the "left hand and water" DO have cholera. In some cases, a lot of it.
* In case you are wondering, cholera is usually transmitted through contact with infected feces. Often the feces are defecated into a water system (directly or through a sewage system) and people that use that same water (for cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc) get infected and then when they relieve themselves, it usually ends up back in the same water system.
One symptom of Cholera is diarrhea (naturally).

cholera_009.jpg.3f5f4ac3f8172535c81685ddb71df4da.jpg 

Keep in mind that the WHO only shows cases that have been reported. For example, if places like Sri Lanka and Indonesia don't report any cases to the WHO, then they won't appear on the map. 
I'd find it really hard to believe that some of countries shown don't have any cases of cholera, especially when they are surrounded by countries that do (and therefore probably share a lot of the same causes).

Some developed countries also report cases of cholera which apparently are linked (usually) to eating seafood which has been in contact with contaminated sewage. 

Note this is similar to the manner in which the "liver fluke" worm is transmitted in Thailand. Fish in ponds eat the Flukes. People eat the fish and the Flukes enter the bloodstream, taking up residence in the liver (and often causing liver cancer as a result). The Flukes lay eggs and many of those get filtered out of the body and end up being dumped (defecated) into ponds or septic tanks which then (often) get flooded during the rainy season and have their contents mixed into the water of the ponds and klongs where the eggs then hatch and the cycle begins again.

Note as well that using a bum gun also usually results in the a lot of the feces becoming "aerosolized", with wee tiny little particles floating around in the air similar to how tiny molecules of water float in the air when someone coughs or sneezes (one of the main ways the Covid virus is spreading in fact).

Lovely to think about isn't it ? All those tiny droplets of aerosolized feces floating around your bathroom just waiting for you to breath them in.............. ????

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I put two bum guns in the two houses I owned in Australia, over much resistance from local plumbers. My son has two in his house as well.

Unbelievable this hygienic invention has not spread to the Western world, with those millions of filthy backsides.

Can  you explain why the plumbers had objections?

7 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Fun fact !
Countries that use toilet paper instead of "the left hand and water" have almost NO cases of cholera.

Countries that DO use the "left hand and water" DO have cholera. In some cases, a lot of it.
* In case you are wondering, cholera is usually transmitted through contact with infected feces. Often the feces are defecated into a water system (directly or through a sewage system) and people that use that same water (for cooking, cleaning, drinking, etc) get infected and then when they relieve themselves, it usually ends up back in the same water system.
One symptom of Cholera is diarrhea (naturally).

cholera_009.jpg.3f5f4ac3f8172535c81685ddb71df4da.jpg 

Keep in mind that the WHO only shows cases that have been reported. For example, if places like Sri Lanka and Indonesia don't report any cases to the WHO, then they won't appear on the map. 
I'd find it really hard to believe that some of countries shown don't have any cases of cholera, especially when they are surrounded by countries that do (and therefore probably share a lot of the same causes).

Some developed countries also report cases of cholera which apparently are linked (usually) to eating seafood which has been in contact with contaminated sewage. 

Note this is similar to the manner in which the "liver fluke" worm is transmitted in Thailand. Fish in ponds eat the Flukes. People eat the fish and the Flukes enter the bloodstream, taking up residence in the liver (and often causing liver cancer as a result). The Flukes lay eggs and many of those get filtered out of the body and end up being dumped (defecated) into ponds or septic tanks which then (often) get flooded during the rainy season and have their contents mixed into the water of the ponds and klongs where the eggs then hatch and the cycle begins again.

Note as well that using a bum gun also usually results in the a lot of the feces becoming "aerosolized", with wee tiny little particles floating around in the air similar to how tiny molecules of water float in the air when someone coughs or sneezes (one of the main ways the Covid virus is spreading in fact).

Lovely to think about isn't it ? All those tiny droplets of aerosolized feces floating around your bathroom just waiting for you to breath them in.............. ????

I understand the "aerolized"  description but  the  simple addition of a  flow valve on the supply line eliminates that problem. Not as exciting in anticipation of a sphincter clench but practical .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Can  you explain why the plumbers had objections?

well those plastic blue/pink/bone ones etc are not that reliable... in that sudden overnight pools of water are common...

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I understand the "aerolized"  description but  the  simple addition of a  flow valve on the supply line eliminates that problem. Not as exciting in anticipation of a sphincter clench but practical .

that 'flow valve' is a T piece tap version of the standard knob turn tap under the cistern

8 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Fun fact !

Those countries maybe have proper sewage systems and  water drinkable ( safely)  straight from the tap

also if you use a bum gun there is no need for any hands to touch the *hit...afterwards wash hands with soap and water.

8 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

why the plumbers had objections?

There is a possibility that  "infected" water could be sucked into the water mains.

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I put two bum guns in the two houses I owned in Australia, over much resistance from local plumbers. My son has two in his house as well.

Unbelievable this hygienic invention has not spread to the Western world, with those millions of filthy backsides.

it is called a BIDET and is hundreds of years old, invented by the french ?

do you see bum guns in shopping malls ? NO !

We have these "bum guns" installed in both our US and Thai home at all bathrooms, we have not used toilet paper in years and now if I have to use paper someplace where they are not available, I don't feel comfortable and cant wait to get home and wash. 

There are many quality units sold on Amazon in the US that are easy to install following the diagram below. I have installed a few myself with no problem in a few minutes.  

71rX07ue7NL._SL1234_.jpg

In Amazon use the search tem "cloth diaper sprayer"

We Use this model and we had good luck with it for many years. I did a search on Amazon and they seem to be on short supply right now. Normally sell about 1200 bht 

image.png.5cf9d8ee7eb13d9356ad43b9a80705b9.png

on Lazada they seem to be more expensive about 3,000 bht

image.png.4d0b2991e4268b0dad490cdd508088e4.png

• Like 1